Civil wars, WRX v. WRX

This is a discussion on Civil wars, WRX v. WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Anybody else have encounters with other WRX's on the road? All in fun of course. I've had one streetlight to ...

Civil wars, WRX v. WRX

Anybody else have encounters with other WRX's on the road?
    All in fun of course.

I've had one streetlight to streetlight drag against a brand new silver sedan (stupid streetracing, I know) but it wasn't too fair considering that the guy told me he had just picked up the car that day. Another time this WRB sedan did a ricer fly-by me on the highway after weaving through heavy traffic like a nut when he saw me on the onramp.

It's kind of weird when you're going up against another car that's just like yours, same color and all. Reminds me of that Van Damme movie Double Take.

Overall, I have to say that more than half of the WRX owners I've encountered on the road are *******s. A lot of arrogant pricks.
    Excluding me, of course :-)

Mostly it's the WRB sedans. There's one WRB with Oregon plates "SUBARU" around where I live that is unbelievably riced out. 18" bling bling wheels, lowered way too much, and melon launching fartpipe. There's another prick in a WRB with plates "DTHCHICK" or something like that around the Portland area too. What is it about WRB??
    Last edited by idyllwild; 05-18-2002 at 11:22 AM.
    Ad astra per aspera

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The rarest colors around here now seem to be white, black, and red. The only white and black I have seen are owned by two friends of mine, and I've never seen a red one. When I purchased mine, it seemed to be the only Platinum in the area. Now I see quite a few.

However, there are simply dozens and dozens of WRB sedans in the Denver area. I don't like to generalize, but every one I've seen has been driven by a young (late teens, early twenties) male, and they never acknowledge me if I wave.

I have not yet properly raced any other WRXes, although I had a brief skirmish with RockyWRX once.

-Pace

kinda reminds me of the civic si. it so happens that all the jerks have the electron blue color. i swear if this car turns into another SI imll be sooooo pissed...
    My02 WRB WRX
    Go Hokies!

The problem is that many of the ricers go for the bright blue color. I hate to be grouped with them, but I'm too big of a rally fan not to choose the blue.

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX

Re: Civil wars, WRX v. WRX

Originally posted by idyllwild

It's kind of weird when you're going up against another car that's just like yours, same color and all. Reminds me of that Van Damme movie Double Take.

Double take is the recent movie w/ eddie griffin and orlando jones. Double Team has van damme and dennis rodman in it - a really, really crappy movie if you ask
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

same here, I think everyone else has the WRB. I picked WRB because there weren't any other color left. I wanted silver but it was an automatic.
    Last time, I saw a blue wagon zoomed past me. And he droped a couple of gears after that and sped away. I guess he wanted to race?

I wanted white originally, but ALL the dealerships were out of them when I was shopping around. The wrb had the exact options I wanted. I had a silver jetta and a silver 4runner so I wanted something a little different. Black...too hard to take care of since it gets dirty pretty quickly. (owned two black cars before). Red wasn't available in sedan form. I also chose the blue because of the association with the rally car. Am I a r*cer for choosing blue?

Most wrx owners I come across are really cool, never had anyone try to race.
    2006 Porsche Cayman S

I don't know about the wrb=prick thing. One of the only people to wave back was a cool dude in a wrb wrx. Yhe other was a dude at wendy's in a platinum one. All the others who were stuck up punks were in black one's like mine, and white. I think its really about who is classy and doesn't need to act like they have a little d*&k ,more than it is the cars color. if your car really makes you feel like a man, then did you feel like a b*&^ch before?
    It's sad to see that people really are that arrogant..after all a wrx just metal. and rubber etc.