imports or american cars? - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on imports or american cars? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Wow, I thought I`ve seen my fair share of stupid threads... this one takes the cake. IBTL...

Wow, I thought I`ve seen my fair share of stupid threads... this one takes the cake. IBTL

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

As long as you have the "Tornado" it will make others bow down before you
    Sold: 2002 WRX
    w/VS0 best of 13.5 at 97.5

New: 2003 Silverado

Originally posted by Dan00Hawk
    How about we all just agree that American cars and Japanese cars are all better than French cars?

Le Car....lol
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

IBTL

There is no right answer to the question. ake my car for example.....
    -Some of the parts are import (DSM)
    -Made in the US
    -Dodge is a branch of Daimler Chrysler which is a US/German company

My point is that not many cars are 100% this or 100% that. The auto indusrtry has really changed over the last few years. If you really think about it, who cares?
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Crazy post. Way to many cars to compare and I doubt you'll get a serious answer. Import vs American?? Audi vs Ford, Volkswagon vs Chevy, I mean come on man, way to many choices here. Even if it was narrowed down, just look at the STI vs Cobra, it will still be all opinions and when it comes down to it I don't care what anybody else thinks about my car. I love it and thats all that matters to me.

Originally posted by Dan00Hawk
    How about we all just agree that American cars and Japanese cars are all better than French cars?
    actually, id probably take a nice 'french' Renault Clio V6 Sport over a WRX anyday... or any other cheap american go fast car. thats my opinion, anybody that knows about cars, knows that the Clio v6 is a sweet ass car, even though it isnt godly fast.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Ike
    So I wuz arguing wiff my frends, and I said apples are way better, and they were like no way oranges rule, and it made me so angry becuz I've seens lots of apples beat the crap out of oranges, and thier juice is way better! Someone help me show my firends that apples really are better than oranges!

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Ike
    So I wuz arguing wiff my frends, and I said apples are way better, and they were like no way oranges rule, and it made me so angry becuz I've seens lots of apples beat the crap out of oranges, and thier juice is way better! Someone help me show my firends that apples really are better than oranges!
    LMAOROFL!!!

I bought my car because I don't trust the reliability of American cars. It is something I have grown up with, granted things may be different now and ALL cars are getting more and more reliable. I also bought my car because it is the only wagon out there that will do 0-60 in 6 seconds in a puddle for under 24k, my other option was the audi allroad, and well, that was slightly out of my price range.

You know what, here is an opinion for you...

Import wagons rule over domestic wagons!
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

Yeah this one is too vague.

There is no replacement for displacement *IF* all engines are built to their MAXIMUM capabilities. IE, a boxer making 300hp and torque is built more to its capabilities than say the V6 in a Tiburon but if you turboed the 6 (all things being equal) it will make more power than a turbo 4 any day. So while the statment is true it does not really have a leg to stand on nowadays (Lt1 only makes 280hp while the STI makes 300) But that doesnt mean Imports are better... Some people love torque (hey who doesnt) and you cant change that, big engines make torque, does it mean their better? No

Fit and finish, while this may have been true in the past its no longer the case. *Dons flame suit* look at the interior of the WRX, its cheap thin plastic, same for the STI (although alot better) and the Evo, Accord Etc. Now "imports" have to cut down costs like everyone else, will it last longer than a domestic? Maybe, my friends camaros interior is HORRIBLE, falling appart and its a 96 i think, my 91 mr2 looks as new as the day it rolled off the line. But I dont think that makes a clear winner since interiors are getting worse in all the new cars.

You cant argue these... I PREFER imports since thats what I have always driven but there is nothing wrong with a domestic. When people simply admit the interior is not what it SHOULD be anymore but that they can live with it and that the engine, as long as it fits your needs, is fine then we'll be able to get along but for now its just a pissing contest.

Neither is better, but i think most on this forum prefer import while on LS1 they prefer domestic, nothing wrong with either preference.
    Silverbane
    An expert at anything was once a beginner...
    Pic 91MR2 T TD06 250rwhp *sold*
    STI next?

actually, because of the relative shape of the orange, i would guess its faster. nothing wrong with the apple, it is a great fruit and all, but imo the orange is just better. its an unfair comparison. my money goes on the orange.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Again, too vague. And also, when the beginner of the thread posts more than all the other members combined on an opinion poll, we may be missing the picture. Posting a fourth time telling us we are losers because you didn't get what you want may not be the perfect way to get a post rolling.
    Again, personal preference.
    I cannot drive a foreign car because I have yet to find one that fits. Since I have chosen to drive only early model American cars, it is easy to find reasons to support this. Less expensive replacement parts, leg room, head room, reliability etc.
    If you choose the other way, it is easy to find reasons to support this. Gas mileage, etc.
    Sorry we couldn't give you the fight you were looking for.

And the texture of the orange will create less surface area per volume, and thus the vertex rule to have less total resistance. (Same idea as dimpled golf balls.) So yes, the Orange would be faster.
    Last edited by Wannabe; 12-12-2003 at 08:23 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    I would have to go with the apple. The surface on the apple is smooth and promotes better aerodynamics. The orange has a bumpy texture which will create friction. Plus apple juice ow3ns orange juice!!!

Yeah, you are right there. Apple juice rules and reigns over orange juice!

I Support ClubWRX
    Can anybody post dyno results from the fruits so we can lay this to rest? Maybe god has them

Very difficult to dyno potential energy.
    Hopefully we can get some energy readings posted to make a more educated decision.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast