stock WRX vs 1994ish V6 Camaro

This is a discussion on stock WRX vs 1994ish V6 Camaro within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Okay, so maybe this isn't much of an accomplishment. But it was fun reguardless. First off, I'm not exactly sure ...

stock WRX vs 1994ish V6 Camaro

Okay, so maybe this isn't much of an accomplishment. But it was fun reguardless. First off, I'm not exactly sure what was going on with this car. It didn't say Z28 but it sounded like a V8. Maybe not quite deep enough, but it was REALLY LOUD. But then at the same time it looked like the tips were factory (small, bent down). Doesn't make much sense. So anyway I pull even to him and I hear his exhaust blast (automatic tranny no doubt). I downshift to 4 and then DOH! realize I'm going 60. So I downshift again to 3 and mash the gas. Almost instantly I'm even with him and I pull away quickly until I upshifted at 90. By that point I had 3 car lengths on him. Funny thing, later on I chilled out to 65 (the limit is 55). He's following me, then he whomps on the gas and swings around and passes me. I sit there going 65 wondering what the heck he's thinking. Anyway, I nailed him bad, I just wish I knew what was up with his LOUD factory looking exhaust.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

He could have had an exhaust cutout up at the headers or something...

That's what I run on my WRX and it is freakishly LOUD, but still has the stock muffler showing out the back.

-jason
    2002 Midnight Black WRX - EJ22 w/ VF30 and all the other stuff to go with it...

***ATTN: Speed Kills! Drive a Honda and live FOREVER. ***

You know, it could've been a V6. Most of the Z28 exhausts have dual rectangular exhaust tips. V6s had the smallish, downward pointing tip.
    *2004 San Remo Red WRX*
    - K&N Air Filter
    - Borla Cat-Back Exhaust

Yes, I acknowledge that it was a V6- had to have been. Even a badly out of tune V8 would have probably beat me on the interstate. I should have made that clear, but then again it was in my topic name too... (vs. 1994ish V6 camaro)