A4? S4?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on A4? S4? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I could not tell which car this was. It was brand new and the guy looked older, and the thing ...

A4? S4?

I could not tell which car this was. It was brand new and the guy looked older, and the thing was frickin fast. I'm a stage 2+ and this guy hung with me pretty close. The first run I had a much better launch than he did and I dont know if he missed a gear or what, but he was way behind. That was from a stop. The second run was a 2nd gear roll, and he was right on my ass. I couldnt gain but neither could he when he changed lanes. We got up to about 80-90 when a light ahead went yellow. I ran through it and he stopped. I saw the back of it for a second earlier from the next lane over and I could only see a logo on the back left part of the trunk. I've run a few Audi A4 TT and pulled pretty hard on them, so this car was definately much faster. I figure with my setup I should be running close to 275 at the crank? Just a guess, but I would figure that would be close to acurrate. I wouldnt really call it a kill either way, because neither car could pull. Anyone run an S4?

Rob
    2004 Silver WRX.
    TurboXS TBE with Prodrive Muffler - Godspeed Uppipe - UTEC - TUNA W/B - Steel Grey Rota Downshifts - VF35 - Pinks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Modded S4s can be fokking mean (The biturbo 2.7L S4). Stock...eh, a stock WRX will give it a hard time. A4s with the 1.8t motor can also be made very quick. Just remember most of the GTI/Jetta stuff bolts right up.

I hope you don't think you ran into a brand new V8 S4, because he probably would have destroyed you from a roll! Though, I'm not sure what your car is running with the Stage II. New S4s are !

Good kill either way. Those are formidable cars.

Edit: Just found a Motorweek page that says an '04 S4 ran only a 14.2@99mph 1/4 mile? Hmm, sounds disappointing. I was thinking low 13's at 104+mph.
    Last edited by Integra96; 12-10-2003 at 10:02 PM.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I am assuming it was completely stock, because it was brand new and he was definately not breaking it in gently . A stock A4 has 220 hp and I know it wasnt a TT because that was the first thing I looked for on the right side of the trunk. I know S4s look to be pretty quick cars, but I cant see a A4 stock keeping up the way that car did. Thats why im wondering if it was an S4, if anyone else has ever run against one. Whatever it was, it looked completely stock.
    2004 Silver WRX.
    TurboXS TBE with Prodrive Muffler - Godspeed Uppipe - UTEC - TUNA W/B - Steel Grey Rota Downshifts - VF35 - Pinks

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    new S4s have v8s and are fvcking fast as hell...the old ones had turbos
    2003 SRT-4

Some magazine stats ( only for a benchmark):
    Car-Stats.com Report for 2003 Audi S4 Quattro Obtained from C&D May, 2003 0-60: 5 Transmission: Manual
    1/4 Mile: 13.6 1/4 Speed: 103

Car-Stats.com Report for 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Obtained from C&D October, 2001 0-60: 5.4 Transmission: Manual
    1/4 Mile: 14.1 1/4 Speed: 96

Now, I know that you are fairly far from stock at a stage 2+, so you're numbers would be better than this. However, I doubt that you are trapping at 103, so from a roll I would think that he'd have the definite advantage (v8 helps). I would say that it prolly was an s4 if you say it was a new audi and it hung with you. Driver's often make the race on the street, either way, cool race
    99 Cutlass - gone
    01 Integra GS-R bolt-ons - gone
    04 WRX stage 2+ - gone
    06 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6 spd - gone
    08 Mercedes E350 4matic Sport - lease turned in
    10 Mazdaspeed 3 SRI/Test Pipe - Current

lol! i'm having the exact same questions. a few weeks ago, a black audi pulled up to my left on the tollway late at night. no other cars around, so we both punched it around 65 and he immediately got two-car lengths on me.

i concentrated on the upcoming sweeper, which we both took at +110, and was pleasantly surprised to see the driver 'not back off'. soooo many drivers back off on this curve. he didn't. and that's how it stayed ... him ahead by two-car lengths until my exit.

i dont know what he was driving, but it looked stock. i doubt it was an S4 ... but i hate to think an A4 got me by 2-car lengths.
    Mods
    Pass the hookah, throw down the pillows; Cloth on the ceiling, blow rings that billow; Kick off the shoes and relax your feet; Now roll up your sleeves for this lyrical treat

There are NO A4/S4's that say TT on them. Only the Audi TT will have a badge that says that. If you have ever seen an A4 or an S4 with a badge that says TT on it, then the owner put it there. I good way to see if its an S4 is to look at the side skirt. The A4's had a black skirt that surrounds the whole car. The S4 is body colored, matches the rest of the car. Now, its time to see some WRX vs. RS6 stories. Now THAT car is a beast

Originally posted by 2001S4
    Now, its time to see some WRX vs. RS6 stories. Now THAT car is a beast
    I can see it now... "an old guy in his audi station wagon beat me by 10 cars."
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

Originally posted by aheineken
    I can see it now... "an old guy in his audi station wagon beat me by 10 cars."
    RS6 is a sedan. 450hp. Twin Turbo 4.2 liter V8. Its the S6 that is the Wagon, or the RS4, which isn't offered in the states.

Magazine info. on said RS6:

Car-Stats.com Report for 2003 Audi RS 6
    Obtained from C&D May, 2003
    0-60: 4.4 sec Transmission: Manual
    1/4 Mile: 12.8
    1/4 Speed: 108

Sounds like a monster to me!
    99 Cutlass - gone
    04 WRX stage 2+ - gone

12's in a super posh interior. Climate control even. What a car. The MB's with the forced V12's are even more stunning. I know I don't need 700 ft/lbs of torque, but dammit I want it.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

i love the amg's, but id take an rs6 any day. i dont know, something about those cars. v8 tt with 450hp running mid 12's at about 110mph! damn! i saw one on the road this morning, and it just looked awesome. chrome grill with rs6 logo, spoiler, everything... the car was just amazing. but i did see a nicer car as i was coming home, brand new maybach.

anyhow, i know my car is slow, stupid v6's... but im gonna try to get an rs6 spoiler, and some nice rims for my baby.

peter
    03' audi a6 3.0
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Originally posted by jdillen
    Magazine info. on said RS6:

Car-Stats.com Report for 2003 Audi RS 6
    Obtained from C&D May, 2003
    0-60: 4.4 sec Transmission: Manual
    1/4 Mile: 12.8
    1/4 Speed: 108

Sounds like a monster to me!

Those are some nice numbers indeed, but the RS6 is not offered in a manual.

Originally posted by 2001S4
    RS6 is a sedan. 450hp. Twin Turbo 4.2 liter V8. Its the S6 that is the Wagon, or the RS4, which isn't offered in the states.
    RS6 comes in Avant/wagon version as well. It's just too expensive to sell in the States.

If you go to England, the E55 is more expensive than the RS6 over there. Somehow when they brought it into the states it's vise versa.

The E55 is quicker and faster than the RS6...
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

Those are some nice numbers indeed, but the RS6 is not offered in a manual.
    Ah I see, I thought I remembered reading that back when the RS6 first came out. Wonder why C&D said that. Probably just a typo. Oh well, its fast to say the least!
    99 Cutlass - gone
    04 WRX stage 2+ - gone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.