Close race: My stock STi vs Modded 350z - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Close race: My stock STi vs Modded 350z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Nice run. One question though: you hit the I/C spray while you're in the middle of your run sometimes? I ...

Nice run. One question though: you hit the I/C spray while you're in the middle of your run sometimes?
    I only do it in between runs, but does it noticably help if you press the button while you're WOT between gears?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Think about it this way. Wet your hand. Hold your hand steady in the air. Now wave it around. Which feels cooler, steady or waving?

The latent heat of evaporation (vaporization) is greater with a flow of air over the intercooler. This makes a greater drop in temp for the same amount of water spray.

Another way to think about it is if you spray onto a hot surface that is just sitting there, you get a steam cloud that interferes with cooling the surface by retaining an area of heat just above the surface. Now if you have a wind to blow away that steam, the surface is allowed to produce more steam, thus cooling it even further.

just my perspective
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

No, i didnt get to hit my IC spray. I would think though that the difference wouldn't be so substantial, but very minimal.

Originally posted by x Neo x
    No, i didnt get to hit my IC spray. I would think though that the difference wouldn't be so substantial, but very minimal.
    IC spray when the IC is gettin air across it AND the turbo is pushing lotsa hot air into it? YES YES YES!

IC spray could very well give ya 30 hp during a run...well, 20 lets say.

It drops the intake charge alot, that is denser air. It helps with detonation, and the computer will see that and advance timing more.

I know the newest F-150 SVT Lightening(sp?) sees 50 transient hp with the a/c triggered sc-cold air dump. Thats FIFTY hp, for a period of 30-45 seconds, until the a/c system recharges. Its pretty similar to what a IC spray does.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

Thumbs up

hmm, now that know, ill for sure use it next time. thx for the info brembo

Re: Re: Re: Close race: My stock STi vs Modded 350z

Originally posted by WRXin'
    Jim, did you ever sell your Z?
    Yes. A very long time ago. Good riddance!!!

-Jim

Re: Re: Re: Re: Close race: My stock STi vs Modded 350z

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    Yes. A very long time ago. Good riddance!!!

-Jim
    I got to ride in one and it felt kinda bulky...I can see why you're glad to be rid of it.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12