boost level? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on boost level? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have never read that the stock TD04-13G maxes out at 18-19 psi. damn! i guess that scratches that idea...i ...

I have never read that the stock TD04-13G maxes out at 18-19 psi.
    damn! i guess that scratches that idea...i guess i'll have to be happy w/ 16psi how much power are you going to get from a 3psi increase on that tiny turbo? it doesnt seem like it would be justifiably enough for a 300 dollar mbc.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

A Joe P MBC is one of the most trusted mbc and costs about $40 I believe.
    As for what are WRXs with the stock turbo capable of? I'd say around 225 whp. Basically TurboSX Stage 2, or Cobb AccessECU Stage 2, etc....

The real power increase comes from both opening the exhaust and increasing the boost. However, the Stage 2 upgrade doesn't just raise max hp, it brings boost up much sooner in 1st and 2nd gear, so you get a lot more power sooner than a stock WRX. Makes for some impressive improvements. So I've read
    '02 Silver WRX
    - PDX Tuned Stage 2.5 w/ APS FMIC, ACT Street clutch & flywheel

So does anybody know why my digital blitz tt has only read up to .83 hkpa of boost? That equates to almost 11 pounds of boost, granted this was done on a WOT 2nd gear pull. Does it hit full boost in 3rd gear only?

A Joe P MBC is one of the most trusted mbc and costs about $40 I believe.
    what is a joe p mbc? is that a digital mbc or just one of those little things that you adjust manually w/ screws? if its only 40 bucks thats pretty awesome...forget the hks digital mbc! unless i got like a sr30 turbo i wouldnt go that route. whats the difference between a txs chip and a utec? just that you can manually change the fuel curve, air/fuel ratio on the utec? b/c im really not very familiar w/ that technical stuff...i just assume getting a chip.

Well tuned vf30 wrx should last just as long as a stock car. If it doesn't the tune wasn't right or no maintenence was being done. I pound on mine regularly with the max being 20psi. Note this is not all the way to redline(17psi above6k). 97 gas to stop the pinging I get with 92. I'm much more worried about the transmission than the engine.
    fookster

Originally posted by torqueterror
    damn! i guess that scratches that idea...i guess i'll have to be happy w/ 16psi how much power are you going to get from a 3psi increase on that tiny turbo? it doesnt seem like it would be justifiably enough for a 300 dollar mbc.
    You should check into this maybe. With exhaust stuff and ecu remapping you can get big power gains without much increase in boost. check out cobbstage2 or vishnu stage 1. The ecu controls boost so there's no need for an mbc. good luck
    fookster

yeah, i checked out vishnu's website and there stage 2 setup looks pretty awesome. 2200 bucks for 340hp aint too shabby...i noticed that you have to send you ecu to them to get it reflashed. does that mean i wouldnt have to tamper w/ it myself? b/c i really dont trust myself since i dont have too much knowledge w/ that kind of stuff. if thats the case i'd get the stage 2 setup. how does the cobb tbe sound compared to the turbo xs? cuz i really dig the turbo xs's sound.

If you were to go cobb stage 2 and like the sound of txs exhaust, you can use an xs turboback and get a cobb stg2 reflash and should work fine. I would really recommend getting an up pipe as well. I makes a big difference in spool up, as well it can give you 10 ponies or so. It's the boost coming on way sooner that's the big difference. If your afraid to tune a reflash is the way to go. I've ridden in vs1 and cobbstg2 and both were equally impressive.
    fookster

low 13's with the stock turbo torque terror!!!!!!
    fookster

thats pretty sweet...i'll probly end up the txs exhaust and cobb reflash. i'd be happy w/ low 13's for a while but sooner or later i'd more than likely get a garrett ball bearing turbo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.