Darwin Award
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Darwin Award within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Thank goodness subaru put a rev limiter in this thing b/c I did my best imitation of a dumb a-- ...

Darwin Award

Thank goodness subaru put a rev limiter in this thing b/c I did my best imitation of a dumb a-- today. Racing a mustang GT I missed a shift and ended up bouncing off the rev limiter 3-4 times before I realized what I had done. DOH!!!

Nothing broke, sounds good so no harm, no foul.....fingers crossed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Darwin Award

Originally posted by VOLFAN
    Thank goodness subaru put a rev limiter in this thing b/c I did my best imitation of a dumb a-- today. Racing a mustang GT I missed a shift and ended up bouncing off the rev limiter 3-4 times before I realized what I had done. DOH!!!

Nothing broke, sounds good so no harm, no foul.....fingers crossed.
    Bouncing off the rev limiter shouldn't hurt it unless you keep it there a really long time...it's there to keep us from killing our poor cars.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

oucH. hope things are fine. pay more attention next time!!! =]

-cHris

oops

2002 Subaru Impreza Wrx Sedan

You shifted into a lower gear by mistake while racing? The rev limiter won't do squat for you in that case.

Originally posted by Subarex
    You shifted into a lower gear by mistake while racing? The rev limiter won't do squat for you in that case.
    Nah, what I think happened is he let the clutch out too quick, it didn't go into gear, and he stomped on the gas anyway.
    - Capt Crunch

Yep, let the clutch out to quick and wasn't in gear while I smashed down the gas. Felt the car surging a little and looked down to see the tach bouncing between 6800-7200 RPM's before I shifted again....It's the first time I have ever missed like that...hopefully the last. I was wearing new dress shoes with very slick soles and it feels odd shifting in those things.

I Support ClubWRX
    Hehe, I do the same thing in my car every once in a while - no big deal usually.

/OT: Capt Crunch...that's a sweet Rex pic in your avatar.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

What wheels are those?

Originally posted by Subarex
    I pulled that oops twice in one week, luckily I had fast enough reactions to clutch and let off as soon as I felt the car lose momentum. I dunno WTF my problem was. Gladly I didn't blow up that 4g63 either. $$$$$

As far as hitting limiter while shifting, the first time or two I raced V8s, I got distracted by thier exhausts and couldn't hear my engine over theirs, I hit the rev limiter in first like "oh $h!t" and try to cram it into second while they start to pull on me!
    -Kramit
    '03 EvoVIII (Apex Silver)

Damn, just had to be against a Mustang too!
    Jesus exists...he plays for the Red Sox's

darwin awards are only given to stupidity that results in the person death
    It is better to have others think that you are a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

02 WRX 44k - sold 2/28/5
    96 Corolla 128k
    92 Corolla 160k
    88 Accord 208k
    90 Voyager 242k

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.