75shot Civic vs. Integra vs. Civic SI vs. My Rental car (Impala)

This is a discussion on 75shot Civic vs. Integra vs. Civic SI vs. My Rental car (Impala) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was hanging out at a friend's house last night and some of his other friends came over. This guy ...

75shot Civic vs. Integra vs. Civic SI vs. My Rental car (Impala)

I was hanging out at a friend's house last night and some of his other friends came over. This guy had a newly rebuilt Civic with a 75 shot of Nitrous. We hung out at his house for a while and then decided to go to one of the local hangouts just to see who was out. On the way there, his passenger was hanging out the window talking smack about the Impala, so I decided to "school this fool". We hit a light and the words flew. It turned green and I just hit the gas. The tires chirped a little and I pulled on him (about 3 cars) all the way to about 75. Right then an Integra and his buddy in a Civic SI come flying up. I hit the gas again and we walked the Integra but the SI just disapeared. I don't know what he had but he was gone. My friend's friend (i guess he is now my friend?) was pretty frustrated. I told him he probably needed to retune that car.
    I just thought that was a little interesting. I can't wait till I get my car back.
    "*gasp* this car is fast" -my mom
    "wow this really pulls" -my dad
    "i want one" -a friend

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    WTF? Those impalas have nothing...Did that car spray on you?
    2003 SRT-4

Yes he said he was spraying. He said he had finished putting everything in friday evening. I think he needs to get it tuned. My friend John (who's house I had gone to) was riding with me and niether of us could make sense of it.
    "i want one" -a friend

How'd you like the Impalla? I was given one of the newer Impallas the last time I went to Reno. All I can say is that thing had absolutely no b@lls.

I figured a 200hp V6 should have no problem going on the freeway, but I swear the car didn't even want to go 60 up a moderate hill. I was driving to Tahoe so I'm sure the elevation had something to do with it, but anything short of a semi probably would have passed me. Def not impressed.

WRX
    I rode in a mid 90's impala, and that thing had some balls. They can be pretty fast. I have videos of them killing Trans Ams at the track.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Originally posted by sarcasmo
    How'd you like the Impalla? I was given one of the newer Impallas the last time I went to Reno. All I can say is that thing had absolutely no b@lls.

I figured a 200hp V6 should have no problem going on the freeway, but I swear the car didn't even want to go 60 up a moderate hill. I was driving to Tahoe so I'm sure the elevation had something to do with it, but anything short of a semi probably would have passed me. Def not impressed.
    I think you are right about the V-6. There was a jerk in one near where I live. He kept cutting people off including me. At the next light I showed him how the back of a WRX looks like. He wasn't too happy and tried to do a fly by which was denied twice. The deck was full. He didn't do it again after the 2nd one.

Woohoo!!! I had the pleasure of giving the Impala back today. I got my car back and I am so happy. I agree with you Sarcasmo, the Impala has no balls. But that's comparing it to my WRX.

The Impala is a decent car. It is comfortable to ride in for long periods of time and the fuel economy is great (compared to the way I burn fuel in my car). But I would rather have a WRX though.
    "i want one" -a friend