WRX v.s. Marauder
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX v.s. Marauder within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yo, guys check this thread out, they are bustin on me and the WRx, just because I beat a Marauder ...

Angry WRX v.s. Marauder

Yo, guys check this thread out, they are bustin on me and the WRx, just because I beat a Marauder and it's fate.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...5281#post85281

Hopefully some of u guys can let these guys know about the Rex.

Peace.. ONE.
    Yo, Yo What's the deal YO.

Peace Out...ONE. L.A.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The Marauder a pretty cool car, but its not fast. There's a guy in my neighborhood that drives one and he thinks its fast.

The Marauder was a huge disappointment to Mercury. It's also a big disappointment to many owners. I've heard storys about people who got their Marauders when they first came out thinking they were going to be real fast. Then the took them to the track and they were running 15s and 16s in the 1/4 mile.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    who posts on a mercury marauder forum
    2003 SRT-4

just ignore them theyre retards.
    I am 14 and my name is David.

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    who posts on a mercury marauder forum

I didn't even know there was a Marauder website. I wonder if there's a Toyota Camry site with 1/4 mile timed, etc.

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    I didn't even know there was a Marauder website. I wonder if there's a Toyota Camry site with 1/4 mile timed, etc.
    who cares, camries are weak
    2003 SRT-4

I don't even really see the problem. I wouldn't expect a Marauder group to bow down and hail a WRX, especially on their forum. If they did, well, they'd probably be driving WRX's, and not Mercurys. It's a different class of vehicle, and suits the needs of that particular segment of buyers better than the WRX.

If a GSXR 600 rider posted about how he killed a WRX in a race, I'm sure most of our group here would simply roll their eyes and respond in a similar fashion to how the Marauder group responded to you.

Try to picture who your audience is when you post on other forums. (Possible Marauder Demographic for example: Older, higher income, traditional, not tolerant of GenX or Y attitudes, has a family, probably never autocrosses...) There are ways to come across where they will be accepting and tolerant, and other ways which will lead to them being defensive and condescending.

I don't think we'd prove anything by a few of us registering there just to stand up for the WRX. Let the others live in blissful ignorance in their own happy world (like we do here in ours...).

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

I just went and read that thread...

At you for going there in the first place
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior

At you for going there in the first place
    I second that.

What did you expect going to a Marauder forum? Fo real...... Yo.

You're looking pretty gangsta in your avatar too!
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

well said Dan00Hawk
    04 SVT Lightning

To begin with, I wouldn't go to a site for another kind of car to tell them I'd beaten one of theirs in a race.

And given it's already been posted, I'd have to say the Marauder guys suffer from some SERIOUS insecurity since all they can do is throw insults at a WRX, instead of actually have something constructive to say.

Oh well. Let them live in ignorance. And let them bring their "many" 12 second supercharged barges. It doesn't hurt me any.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

actually youd be surprised at some fast ass camrys my friend here in chicago has one it is the v6 with trd supercharger s afc trd exhaust and cai and he runs 14.1 with regular trd pully at 5 psi and runs 13.2 with shinny pulley with 8-9 psi..........he puts down 325 whp and this is on street tire so i can say ive seen fast camrys.......
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Thumbs up Recognized..

Thanks guys,

I signed up @ that forum because one of my friends from work has a Marauder and I wanted to give him some beef, by putting the story on the site.

I have no hate to no one, it was just fate that it happend, like that our WRX's are just faster and they are just standing up for their ride, just like we would.

Just a story and was an good experience. I will cancel my name on their forum.

I also noticed that they cancelled the thread, because they know I will say something back to them...but ohh well it's over and was
    probably a waste of time, the WRX and the Marauder are two different cars, so I regret putting the thread.

Well thanks again guys and keep representin the WRX and smokin' whatever is in sight.

Peace.ONE..
    Yo, Yo What's the deal YO.

Peace Out...ONE. L.A.

There is def. some insecurity with some of those guys over there. The Masquerader really is a performance let down. IIRC one of the major car magazines busted on it because an Accord V6 was faster.

Should I let the poster over there know that he should add the Accord to this list. How about the Forester XT? LOL

"(for instance, most Ferraris, most high-end Porsches, most Lamborghinis, the Viper, the Corvette, the Grand Nationals, the T-types, the 2003 Mustang Cobra, the 2003 Mustang Mach I, uncle Fred's 440 Super Bee, the 1971 Trans Am, the 1972 Trans Am, the 1973 Trans Am SD, the 1978 Trans Am W72 w/ 4-speed, ....................
    you get the point)"

Nah, I won't.
    Oh well it isn't worth soiling your depends or choking on your Metamucil over. Just put the vitamin bottle down real slow and come in the TV room and watch Matlock.
    Run Forest, Run
    04 Java Black 5Mt XT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast