WRX v.s. Marauder - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX v.s. Marauder within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by VA_WRX There is def. some insecurity with some of those guys over there. The Masquerader really is ...

Originally posted by VA_WRX
    There is def. some insecurity with some of those guys over there. The Masquerader really is a performance let down. IIRC one of the major car magazines busted on it because an Accord V6 was faster.

Should I let the poster over there know that he should add the Accord to this list. How about the Forester XT? LOL

"(for instance, most Ferraris, most high-end Porsches, most Lamborghinis, the Viper, the Corvette, the Grand Nationals, the T-types, the 2003 Mustang Cobra, the 2003 Mustang Mach I, uncle Fred's 440 Super Bee, the 1971 Trans Am, the 1972 Trans Am, the 1973 Trans Am SD, the 1978 Trans Am W72 w/ 4-speed, ....................
    you get the point)"

Nah, I won't.
    Oh well it isn't worth soiling your depends or choking on your Metamucil over. Just put the vitamin bottle down real slow and come in the TV room and watch Matlock.
    haha that made my day...

BTW i've never even heard of a maurader before

but its true, those guys are really insecure...seems like all of them are, i was really surprised, those supposed older men still seem like fanboys

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I read the dude with the WRX's post and all I can do is look into the future......................... let's give both cars the 10 year test.

Zoooooooooooom.......we are there, it's 2014.

WRX dude and I are at the same car show. Both his WRX and my Marauder are 10 years old. Numerous folks stop to look at my Marauder and talk...............

..........down at the WRX, the owner is off looking at a late 60's Corvette, and the organiser of the car show is wondering how that ancient asian
    import snuck in. No one even takes a second look at the WRX as they walk by.

LOL, I'm pretty good at predicting the future.

What the heck is this guy talking about? Tool. Subaru's may not be THE most reliable car but it sure beats the heck out of Mercury.

fre
    That thing looks like a submarine. I guess it can haul more stuff, but certainly can't haul anymore people. I have had 5 people just fine in my car. I dunno how anyone could think that thing looks better than a wrx. *barf* I won't even mention performance.

It seems when someone posted a respectful story about beating a WRX here, people are generally a lot more friendly and admire the other person's car. Those guys seem very closed-minded and defensive.

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    who cares, camries are weak
    That was my point. Racing a Marauder is no different than racing a Camry. There both very close in speed. That last time I checked a Toyota Camry Solara with a 3.3 , V6 ran to 60mph faster than a Marauder.

I always select my opponents on the street, even I was taunted. If I was going to risk my life, other's lives, a huge ticket or destroying property, I will have to race something worthy. That being said, Camry is not worthy, not matter how modded it is. There is no joy of beating one, and very shameful of getting beat by one.
    my .02

ps. page 2 owned
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

Some of us own more than one car. I have an 01 Grand Marquis (it's the LSE, meaning it's got the buckets & center console like a Marauder) that's probably 15.1-15.3 right now which ain't too shabby for 4200+ lbs. I am going to take it into the 14's on motor and then add a blower. It's basically a 4-door Mustang, meaning parts are plentiful and cheap.

The thing to remember about Marauder owners is they have money. Members of their website spend tons of cash and you can bet none are stock. Quite a few of them are running 12s or quicker; 400+ rwhp is easy with the DOHC enigne and some cash. It's not like it's the first time anyone made a large v8 rwd car fast.

That platform is a perfect example of a total product that's not equal to the sum of its parts. It's got the right idea but something happened between the drawing board and the dealership. The biggest part is tuning - it got "blue-haired' before being released so it's up to each owner to tweak things a bit. Once you do that, it's a night and day difference and becomes a much more enjoyable car.

Having said all that, I've never joined a msg board just to rag on their cars either...
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

If I was going to risk my life, other's lives, a huge ticket or destroying property, I will have to race something worthy.
    I had to read this line more than once... "risk live(s)...to race something worthy" Hmmm, I can see the post accident report with the authorities:

"Yes, officer, I realize the speed I was going was too fast for me to handle and hitting the other car killed the driver, but it was an imported Skyline TypeXyZ, so it was worth it."

Sometimes the ignorance I read here boggles my mind.

And to get back on topic, what do you expect posting a story like that over there. You show up swinging your pecker around with your gansta like talk. Peeps like you give WRX owner's a bad image.... yo
    Last edited by merlot; 12-08-2003 at 07:33 AM.

GXX
    no one is going to help you, you went to that forum bashing on their shyt and you expect to be liked? give me a break
    w00t!

Re: WRX v.s. Marauder

Originally posted by Blue Haze
    Yo, guys check this thread out, they are bustin on me and the WRx, just because I beat a Marauder and it's fate.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...5281#post85281

Hopefully some of u guys can let these guys know about the Rex.

Peace.. ONE.
    The guys on the marauder forum ar being trollish and jack asses themselves, althouygh that waas not the best idea for ur first post on there sight so shame on you. like u said u will not go back, and take it as a lesson, don't go post on other carforums that you spanked the car the forum is representing's ass...
    but still theguys on the marauder forum just are pissed cause there car would be killed by a chevy SS...

Originally posted by Dan00Hawk
    Let the others live in blissful ignorance in their own happy world (like we do here in ours...).
    Isn't that the truth .

Let me quote renichms but change the context.

And given it's already been posted, I'd have to say the WRX guys suffer from some SERIOUS insecurity since all they can do is throw insults at other cars and at other car owners, instead of actually have something constructive to say.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Shaitiger: That's it, I'm putting you on my ignore list since I can't handle reading the truth. Especially if it contradicts what I, in my infinite wisdom, think is absolute...

Originally posted by merlot
    I had to read this line more than once... "risk live(s)...to race something worthy" Hmmm, I can see the post accident report with the authorities:

"Yes, officer, I realize the speed I was going was too fast for me to handle and hitting the other car killed the driver, but it was an imported Skyline TypeXyZ, so it was worth it."

Sometimes the ignorance I read here boggles my mind.

you guys are right, that is quite an immature statement. I apologize. Street racing in general are bad. Hopefully I will snap out of it one day....
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

My favorite post at that site is the dude who put up a picture of a Rex and the Merc and wrote, "Which one would you rather be in? Which one should most fear?" I got a pretty good laugh out of that. I don't know about you guys but when I see a Marauder (and it is so often because it is such a hot seller) I just start shaking and look the other way.
    '02 White WRX Wagon
    VF34, STi Pinks, Perrin IC Hoses, AP V2, Borla Catback, Perrin Up-pipe, Stromung Downpipe

marauder= oldman-i-want-a-fast-car-but-cant-afford-a-corvette-and-wont-buy-non-american-so-i-bought-this-gas-guzzling-land-yatch-so-i-can-pick-on-imports-on-my-way-to-work-car...

They are alright. Guys who drive them really need to a get a grip tho. And its all old men. Its the police version of the mercury gran marque that they made available to the public. same specs..boring..
    03 wrb WRX sedan
    Crawford Performance S2 2.5L Block
    --- Tuned by I-SPEED

Tons of other toys.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast