02 WRX vs type R
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 02 WRX vs type R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; here it goes... i was about to turn on to a major road when a type R pulls up next ...

02 WRX vs type R

here it goes... i was about to turn on to a major road when a type R pulls up next to me to turn as well. light turns green, and once we hit the corner we gun it. I had him by a car and a half, when we started to come up on traffic that was only in my ln. so i gave a signal>> got in frt of him. We started to come up on a light which was red so i cut in front of the traffic to line up again.

Now somewhere in this process of slowing down and getting over to the other lane....the guys g/f felt that i hit my brakes to hard and felt that she needed to curse me out ...tellin me about how she wish i get caught by the police ..yada yada....im like wtf and look at my cousin that was with me and we just start laughing b/c we really have no idea what she is talking about..so after that im thinking he not going to gun it...but he does...so i hit it late and he keeps his half car distance on me....he slows down for me to catch up and starts going off at the mouth about "i thought u were fast ,, i thought you had a turbo. wtf im like iight ...

we hit a nother light and i rev to let him know im going to hit it and he revs back...so no excuses now. Light turn green ...i put 2 car lengths on him by the end of 2nd gear...and i think he didnt try after that.

then we meet up with the rest orlandoforum people and they just happen to be going to the same place....so they get out and im like what happen that 3rd time around. didnt seem like he had much to say but his girl was still running off at the mouth for another minute. .

frederick
    Hks up/dp/ebc/ti exh; TeIN springs:
    kartboy ss; blitz bov; volk gt-c

...n we're just getting started

13.4@99mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice kill.

ive never seen a type-r on the streets. thats cool that you beat one.
    2002 Subaru Impreza Wrx Sedan

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Good kill...there are lots of Type Rs around the bay area and they always act sooo cocky.
    2003 SRT-4

sigh, hondas,,,,,,

No one races me around here but hondas, and they are too easy.
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

Originally posted by slin02
    sigh, hondas,,,,,,

I know some Honda's that arent 'easy.'
    /:

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    Good kill...there are lots of Type Rs around the bay area and they always act sooo cocky.
    yea this guy was too, when he got that ONE win

frederick

13.4@99mph

Originally posted by FACTION
    I know some Honda's that arent 'easy.'
    I know,,, especially those CBRs.

Was the Type R modded? I didn't think they would be that quick stock...195 hp vs 227 hp stock...and you're modded. I've played around with s2k's (240 hp and run 14.1 as opposed to the 14.7's of the Type R) and I pull on them with not problems...even when I had just an up pipe abd mbc I would start to reel them in.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

naw..probably exhaust/intake only. to me it was 1st race- just for fun and plus you never really know what people got. 2nd race - wasnt expected, and 3rd race - prove the point he wasnt sh*t

frederick

13.4@99mph

I Support ClubWRX
    Type Rs are just plain phenomenal, all-around athletic cars, but they can't do much to a Rex in terms of speed, although their top end pull is pretty nice. Good kill! True about some Type R people being a little arrogant; a lot of 'em think it's the Japanese equivalent of a Bugatti.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

sigh, hondas,,,,,,

Honda's are like women, you can't live with 'em and you can't live without 'em.

Seriously, who else would half you race if it wasn't for some 16 year old ricer in a Honda that wanted to run at every stoplight?

hehe, anyway, what mods do y ou have on the REx? Just curious, as if you're slightly modded or stock, you haven't run across a decently modded Honda yet. Contrary to popular belief, there are more modified Honda's other than I/H/E Civic EX's on the road
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

I am sure there are fast hondas around, I am not talking **** about all hondas, just around here.
    There were few hondas on my list while I was shopping for a new car ( settled for WRX for a good deal ) Type-s (TL, CL, RSX) and S2000 ( which I still like it very much, but it is too bloody small)

and about my mods, I am one of those stage 4 people.

I am sure there are fast hondas around, I am not talking **** about all hondas, just around here.
    There were few hondas on my list while I was shopping for a new car ( settled for WRX for a good deal ) Type-s (TL, CL, RSX) and S2000 ( which I still like it very much, but it is too bloody small)

and about my mods, I am one of those stage 4 people.
    I know you weren't talking trash, I was just joking around with you.

At Stage 4, you're not going to find hardly any Honda's on the street that will hang with you. Let's be real, most high powered FWD Honda's need DR's or something to hook up - on the street, without those, they're probably just going to spin.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by smokey
    Honda's are like women, you can't live with 'em and you can't live without 'em.

Seriously, who else would half you race if it wasn't for some 16 year old ricer in a Honda that wanted to run at every stoplight?

hehe, anyway, what mods do y ou have on the REx? Just curious, as if you're slightly modded or stock, you haven't run across a decently modded Honda yet. Contrary to popular belief, there are more modified Honda's other than I/H/E Civic EX's on the road
    up pipe
    tuboback
    boost controller(which was set to 14.5psi when i was running him)
    intake

i have run across a few heavly modded honda. which get alot of respect from me . i know a chick who has a 343whp turbo rsx. and there is a kid w/ a black turbo type r that lives around me. so i know a few people out there that have nice honda....just this kid wasnt one of them.

i forget but its up there..

343whp
    Last edited by ONeBadREx; 12-09-2003 at 11:32 PM.

13.4@99mph

nice RSX's

ONeBadREx,
    Thanks for posting those pictures, the RSX is one sweet car to mod. I'm curious to know if those cars are running on stock internals.

Also, I used to live in Orlando since it took me over 5 years to graduate from UCF.
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.