4eat wrx vs. GTP

This is a discussion on 4eat wrx vs. GTP within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; tonight i finally ran my friends gtp. i have much respect for that car, i think its nice. we are ...

4eat wrx vs. GTP

tonight i finally ran my friends gtp. i have much respect for that car, i think its nice. we are both stock and have autos so i thought it would be a pretty close race. i brake torqued up to about 2700 rpms and instantly put about half a car on him, i kept pulling and ended up winning by about a car and a half - 2 cars. we ran 3 times from a stop and every time it was about the same outcome. we decided to go from a 40 mph roll and he ended up pulling me by about half a car and it pretty much remained that way until we shut down at 80. all in all it was fun and im happy. i do not promote street racing and i agree its unsafe but we ran on a long stretch of road at 2 a.m. and i have always wanted to run him. cant wait to start modding.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

HJC
    Good info to know. I'll stay away from those GTPs... for now.

now get it modded and do it again.
    2002 Subaru Impreza Wrx Sedan

WRX
    one gave me trouble at the track, but he said he was heavily modded. He only ran a 14.2 best though.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Originally posted by WRX
    one gave me trouble at the track, but he said he was heavily modded. He only ran a 14.2 best though.
    was that before or after the reflash?

uke
    Originally posted by WRX
    He probably wasn't THAT modded. I own a GTP as well that runs the same time. All I got is a smaller s/c pulley, cold air intake, and opened exhaust.

If he was HEAVILY modded, he'd be running low 13's or better.

Just a FYI .

Originally posted by WRX
    Yea that's definitely very lightly modded. I ran that with just a pulley, cold air intake, and u-bend removed. "Heavily modded" GTP's run anywhere from 10's to 12's.
    Dave
    '01 GTP 4-dr
    Best ET: 13.490 @ 103.51
    2.115 sec. 60'
    Basic mods

i have a friend with a GTP that puts down 399.5 hp 427.8tq and runs low 13s. i dint think a car mad to take your kids to school could put that much power down!

Originally posted by black
    i have a friend with a GTP that puts down 399.5 hp 427.8tq and runs low 13s. i dint think a car mad to take your kids to school could put that much power down!
    There's no way your friends GTP could be putting down that much power and he only be in the 13's.......no way. I have not yet been to the dyno, but I'm guessing that I'm right at the 300-305 hp mark on the FLYWHEEL, which would put me somewhere around 250-255 hp at the wheels. Torque I'm sure is way up there, like in the 350 range at the crank again. And I'm in the mid 13's. GTP's that put that much power down at the wheels (and there are some, trust me) are running low 11's on slicks. Just a friendly FYI.
    Dave
    '01 GTP 4-dr
    Best ET: 13.490 @ 103.51
    2.115 sec. 60'
    Basic mods

2000 Grand Prix GTP

<$1000 in mods and lightly modded

Mods:

3.0 ZZP MPS
    3" Downpipe to Y
    DHP PCM
    FWI
    1.9 Intense Rockers
    $51 Tirerack Special Tires
    NO Iced S/C
    93 Octane (NO RACE GAS)

auto vs. auto would be a good race for a stock wrx and stock gtp

5 spd vs. auto would be a good race for a stock wrx and a lightly modded gtp ( open cone & 3.4 )
    1998 Grand Prix GTP
    13.605 @ 107.33 mph

INTENSE, Inc.