WRX vs Boxter
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs Boxter within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; On my way home from work, a Boxster caught up with me at a red light. He was sitting behind ...

WRX vs Boxster

On my way home from work, a Boxster caught up with me at a red light. He was sitting behind me and when the light turned green I started accelerating. He started moving over to the left lane to pass me. So I floored it. He gained on me for about 2 seconds then I managed to keep him behind me all the way to 90Mph. After which I shutdown.

At the next light he gave me a smile and a nod, and turned right. I think that means he tried real hard to pass me

The stock WRX and the Boxster seem to be evenly matched on the raod. I just feel bad for the guy who paid more... ( not me )

Drive safe!

EnderWRX

Edited for Spelling of Boxster and clarifications.
    Last edited by EnderWRX; 05-17-2002 at 05:22 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i hope it was a boxter s. if it wasn't you need a tune up!
    2002 Blue WRX w/ Factory Body Kit

-UTEC TXS Tuned @17 PSI
    -Samco Hoses
    -MRT Catless Uppipe
    -BPM 3" Turbo Back Exhaust
    -Whiteline Front and Rear Strut Bar

239.9 AWHP 246.4 AWTQ
    Graphs here:
    http://community.webshots.com/album/70782887sLVXId

hehe.. i need a bigger turbo and a boost controller

I think it was just a regular boxter.. i didnt actually check.. i saw a small porcha and assumed...

A Boxter S will smoke a stock WRX on a roll pretty handily.

I had one on my tail recently on US285 and had to work to lose him through a set of 70mph+ uphill sweepers with short straights in between. Given that my car is an estimated 100+ HP over stock, this is no small feat on his part. I was having to drift and squeal my way around the turns to stay with him, and then I'd smartly pull away on the straights, then shut down at 90 or so to let him catch up.

The S is up 25HP and 10lb.-ft, and weighs over 200lbs less than the WRX. It is also 2WD, has a better aero package, and has a 6 speed box. This equates to you getting your a$$ handed to you on anything but a standing start.

A MBC and a few other basic mods should shift this in favor of the WRX though.

-Pace

Pace,

I'm glad you said, "from a roll" because I handed a Boxster S his ass from a stop light a few months ago. I was on Oxford Valley road when I rolled up behind him. Two pipes, S. Nice!!!

I pulled into the lane next to him and looked over. He saw me look, but acted like I was nothing.

I SMOKED HIM SOOOOO BAD!

By the time I got to 80mph, that little Porsche was eating my dust. He passed me after I slowed down with a confused look on his face.

Regular Boxsters are sluggish compared to the WRX, BTW.

-Jim

thats why i said it better be an S cause the regular ones are sloow....i never said a wrx stock could hang with a boxter s frmo a roll...

-UTEC TXS Tuned @17 PSI
    -Samco Hoses
    -MRT Catless Uppipe

239.9 AWHP 246.4 AWTQ
    Graphs here:

Yo

I wanna go against a 2002+ Boxster S.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

I Support ClubWRX
    My buddy's got a 2002 Boxter, not the S. He wants to take our cars out and run them. His Boxter is pretty fast though. He let me drive it and 1st-3rd gear there is power throughout the powerband. I think I could take it though. We will find out soon. He REALLY wants to drive my car now. I will let him after I beat him in his $50,000 car.

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

Yeah, a WRX should have the upper hand over a base Boxter, standing, rolling, or in reverse. So long as you keep it under 90mph of course.

As we all smugly aware, the WRX will dust many much better equipped 'performance' cars from a standstill through 3rd gear. However, with the added HP and the associated concerns for some semblance of clutch longevity, the challenge for me now is which cars can I beat on the roll.

Happy kills.

-Pace

Base boxster is not all that fast, but S is fast enough to hand wrx its ass. For some reason, a lot of boxster owners drive automatics.. what is the point?

Originally posted by jk147
    Base boxster is not all that fast, but S is fast enough to hand wrx its ass. For some reason, a lot of boxster owners drive automatics.. what is the point?
    a boxter s will hand a wrx its ass?? how so? maybe a from a roll, butt the 0-60/ 1/4 mile times are very similar.

-UTEC TXS Tuned @17 PSI
    -Samco Hoses
    -MRT Catless Uppipe

239.9 AWHP 246.4 AWTQ
    Graphs here:

Originally posted by jk147
    Because a lot of Boxter owners are girls...or girlie men
    Drag racing? I like my racing to last longer than the average orgasm...

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    I wanna go against a 2002+ Boxster S.
    Me too...I think it'd be fun

Happy belated birthday btw!
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Originally posted by JTREX

...or girlie men
    Ha ha!

Originally posted by ElectronBlueSi

a boxter s will hand a wrx its ass?? how so? maybe a from a roll, butt the 0-60/ 1/4 mile times are very similar.
    I was talking about overall performance, such as braking and cornering.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.