WRX vs Boxter - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs Boxter within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Uh oh, they're on to us, those Boxster folks! http://www.986Board.com/board/986board.htm...

Uh oh, they're on to us, those Boxster folks!

http://www.986Board.com/board/986board.htm

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thumbs down

You guys are dreaming if you think you can beat a boxster S with a stock WRX in ANY race

227 hp 3085 lbs
    vs
    252 hp 2855 lbs

For those that did the boxster owner SUCKED at driving.

Also you may beat a stock boxster in a straight line for a while but that's about it, the handling of a boxster isn't evne the same league with a wrx.

Pleasant dreams.

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by brh986
    You guys are dreaming if you think you can beat a boxster S with a stock WRX in ANY race

227 hp 3085 lbs
    vs
    252 hp 2855 lbs

For those that did the boxster owner SUCKED at driving.

Also you may beat a stock boxster in a straight line for a while but that's about it, the handling of a boxster isn't evne the same league with a wrx.

Pleasant dreams.
    Welcome to our board Porsche Boxsters are great cars...however...I don't think anyone in this thread said that a stock WRX could beat a stock Boxster S...you're right, we would be dreaming! And, I wouldn't say any race...the Boxster S is a great car but I don't even think Tommi Makinen driving a Boxster S in a rally could beat a WRX. Snow? Mud? Gravel? Sorry, but I just gotta lay some smackdown on any race.

Btw I think Ender's the only one on this thread who's still stock
    Last edited by Verdugo; 05-16-2002 at 04:44 PM.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Originally posted by Verdugo

Welcome to our board Porsche Boxsters are great cars...however...I don't think anyone in this thread said that a stock WRX could beat a stock Boxster S...you're right, we would be dreaming! And, I wouldn't say any race...the Boxster S is a great car but I don't even think Tommi Makinen driving a Boxster S in a rally could beat a WRX. Snow? Mud? Gravel? Sorry, but I just gotta lay some smackdown on any race.

Btw I think Ender's the only one on this thread who's still stock
    Touche, I didn't even think of that. What I meant is, from a roll, through the turns, from a standstill. I kept seeing "well yea a boxster s from a roll." And yes I recognize a wrx is cheaper to mod and probably a chip is all it would take to have your WRX's kicking every boxsters ass big time in ANY straight line race.

The point really was:

If he had a close race with a regular slow ass boxter and it was close, then he need to get a tune up!

-Joe
    2002 Blue WRX w/ Factory Body Kit

-UTEC TXS Tuned @17 PSI
    -Samco Hoses
    -MRT Catless Uppipe
    -BPM 3" Turbo Back Exhaust
    -Whiteline Front and Rear Strut Bar

239.9 AWHP 246.4 AWTQ
    Graphs here:
    http://community.webshots.com/album/70782887sLVXId

Originally posted by ElectronBlueSi
    The point really was:

If he had a close race with a regular slow ass boxter and it was close, then he need to get a tune up!

-Joe
    A regular boxster is not slow, it's probably still faster than a stock WRX (it certainly has an equal or better power to weight ratio), just becuase they can't drop the clutch at 6500 rpms and not have the wheels spin does not make it slow. Even a stock boxster vs a stock wrx would tear you a new... in any practical application.

you have got to be kidding me...i shouldn't even respond to this.

Boxter 2960 lbs 201 bhp, 181 lbs tq (wuppty do) RWD=14.7 lbs per HP
    WRX 3080 lbs 227 ~217 lbs AWD = 13.5 bls per HP

and you said "Even a stock boxster vs a stock wrx would tear you a new... in any practical application."

-nuff said

-UTEC TXS Tuned @17 PSI
    -Samco Hoses
    -MRT Catless Uppipe

239.9 AWHP 246.4 AWTQ
    Graphs here:

you have got to be kidding me...i shouldn't even respond to this.

Boxter 2960 lbs 201 bhp, 181 lbs tq (wuppty do) RWD=14.7 lbs per HP
    WRX 3080 lbs 227 ~217 lbs AWD = 13.5 bls per HP

and you said "Even a stock boxster vs a stock wrx would tear you a new... in any practical application."

-nuff said
    Well your numbers are completely wrong for starters. Boxster S is 2855 and is heavier than a stock boxster. The current boxster is 217 hp not 201 which doesn't really matter as the 201 hp model had gearing that made it actually accelerate a little quicker to 60 if anything than the new 2.7 L. Your weight is way off. AWD drive trains cause more horsepower loss as well than rwd.

A 911 coupe comes in at under 2960. Maybe you're thinking with driver and fuel, in that case make the WRX 3300
    Last edited by brh986; 05-16-2002 at 08:04 PM.

those numbers are accurate for the 99 boxter, not the S. unless car and driver are liars...

-UTEC TXS Tuned @17 PSI
    -Samco Hoses
    -MRT Catless Uppipe

239.9 AWHP 246.4 AWTQ
    Graphs here:

those numbers are accurate for the 99 boxter, not the S. unless car and driver are liars...
    That's probably the weight of the car with driver and fuel, and a heavy driver at that.

There is no way the S and 911 weigh less than the 99 boxster which had smaller wheels, smaller engine, smaller rotors, smaller brakes, and so fourth. Completely wrong!

OK, We all know that a STOCK WRX weighs 3080lbs. and has 227HP.

Why don't one of you post a LINK with weight numbers and stop bickering. BTW, C&D publishes CURB WEIGHT, which is all fluids, including fuel, topped off, NO DRIVER.

-Jim
    Last edited by PlatinumWRX; 05-18-2002 at 11:13 AM.

That's probably the weight of the car with driver and fuel, and a heavy driver at that

a stock boxter (no S) is not a match through 80. the AWD start, coupled with a higher torqueing engine and more HP will leave the boxter "in all practical" situations in the dust. sure, once we hit fourth gear it'll start pulling back, but when will it make up the 6 lengths its behind?

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2002/pors...tml?id=lin0014

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2002/pors...tml?id=lin0018

the '02 weighs 2778 lbs

sorry. we're no match for the boxter S. you might get a jump off the line, but from a roll or out of 2nd gear, without any mods you're in trouble.

dR

Hehe...

I had no i would be starting a whole new forum on Porsha vs WRX ..

Please check the following for an engine upgrade question:
    Boost Controller

Thanks,
    EnderWRX

I saw the funniest thing yesterday. I was behind a Boxter (no "S") and he shifted midway through his 90 degree turn (from the stoplight turning left) and the rear end swung around. I shifted at the same point and blew on by. God bless AWD.

wrxinthehouse still misses drifting in his RX7.[/SIZE]

Sorry, but great as the Boxster is, it's not that quick.
    In the end, it's always the driver that makes the difference.
    Story:
    Prior to my WRX, my daily driver was a 2000 V6 Passat with a 5 speed. I was driving home from the gym enjoying the day when I noticed a Boxster with it's top down jinking through traffic in my rear view. As I stopped at a red light, the Boxster with a young guy and his friend behind me (top down) were acting cocky to the people at the light around them. When the light turned green, I left at regular speed, watching the mirror to see what they would do. When we both cleared the car to my left, they jumped out and started a passing manouver. Well, I gunned it in second and parked them along side. I looked over at the passenger, and he was LAUGHING at me. Well, he wasn't laughing after that , because I sarted to walk away - all the way up to 115 mph. The adrenaline rush was huge, as I thought I would get beat. But I was the better driver, and was able to shift much faster - at the RIGHT rpm for my car. They slowed down and would not look at me at the next light.
    That said, my best friend has an '01 Boxster, and my WRX beats it every time. His car is nice as hell though - and the women LOVE it. Can't say that about my WRX!

-Chris

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast