WRX vs EVO vs SR-T 4? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs EVO vs SR-T 4? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; if u want a fast car in a straight line go get an LS1 or an 03cobra. end of story....

if u want a fast car in a straight line go get an LS1 or an 03cobra. end of story.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by GallopingPonyCar
    if u want a fast car in a straight line go get an LS1 or an 03cobra. end of story.
    Yeah those new supercharged Cobras are just scary with minor bolt ons...what is it 30 whp with the silencer removed? God damn.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Yes, you bought the wrong car. If all you want to do is drag race, then you would be far better off with the Neon.

I knew it!

I knew it! I should of bought that damn EVO. The reason i didnt buy the STI was because they wanted to screw me over with the price. The EVO was more affordable. The reason i went with the REX was because i got an 04 fully loaded for $22,800 out the door!!!. Sticker on it was $27,500. So, i got a killer deal on it. If they would of worked with me on the STI, i would of had it.Im not trying to diss the rex, in fact i love it, its just that the EVO responds to mods more than the rex for less money
    2005 Electric Blue Mitsubishi Evolution VIII,
    2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII
    Helix Catback
    Helix Downpipe
    Ultimate Racing test pipe
    Txs Mbc
    Greddy Type-s bov

www.myspace.com/evil_evo_viii
    www.mitsubishiunited.com
    2004 Subaru Wrx-Sold

Yeah, unfortunately, the boxer engine is not the best thing for dragging. It's benefit is primarily in it's low center of gravity which is great for handling. Of course, the whole deal w/the headers and up-pipe means we'll never respond quite as well to mods as the 4G63. What you can take comfort in is that you got a GREAT deal on your WRX, and that if you're shooting for realistic 1/4 mile times like mid-12's, you can still get there really easily (with a bit of cash).

Well since there's nothing but straight roads in FL., you should have gotten teh fastest car EVAR SRT-4.

No thanks! No offense
    2005 Electric Blue Mitsubishi Evolution VIII,
    2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII
    Helix Catback
    Helix Downpipe
    Ultimate Racing test pipe
    Txs Mbc
    Greddy Type-s bov

www.myspace.com/evil_evo_viii
    www.mitsubishiunited.com
    2004 Subaru Wrx-Sold

If you want to go fast in a straight line, just buy a bottle. Add a 75 shot if your brave go for 100. Along with full catless exhaust and maybe some kinda engine managment.

The WRX isn't the fastest car in the 1/4 mile? Man, it must suck. I thought AWD rally cars were made for drag racing. You aren't cool unless your car can drive really really fast in a straight line. Driving in a straight line takes so much skill. Everytime I try to drag race I run into walls and stuff. If only I could drag race well. Holding a wheel straight is so hard. Cars shouldn't even have the ability to turn. It makes driving the quarter mile so hard. Damn, I bought the wrong car.

But seriously, you got your Rex for less than 23k out the door and an Evo would have been about 30k out the door. If you plan on just using the car as a daily driver and realize that quarter mile times aren't important, you made the right choice. Spend that 7k on something else. If you are worried only about quarter mile times getting an AWD car doesn't really make sense to me.

Real rally cars would only run high 11s-low 12s in the quarter mile even with their immensely reduced weight and increased power. Rallying is not about who can drive fast straight, its about who can DRIVE.
    Last edited by ihaveadent; 12-09-2003 at 03:41 PM.
    1967 Camaro
    2002 WRX SOLD

Originally posted by ihaveadent
    Rallying is not about who can drive fast straight, its about who can DRIVE.
    thats an awsome quote.
    dont have a wrx.......yet
    I dont care how many stewerdesses you've bagged I still think your a lousy pilot ( if you know what show thats from i owe you a cookie)
    Onion horoscope of the week:Pisces: (Feb. 19óMarch 20)
    The stars foretell your life continuing in much the way it always has for the next few months.

Driving in a straight line takes so much skill.
    it does when you're trying to cut the same time one time after another example, running consistant 11.236's EVERY time you run down the track takes alot of skill. thats compatition and you can win $$ and sponsors too. if you cut a light thats 623 instead of 504, you're not going to run your dial in time... dont diss it if you dont know about it...unless you were joking.
    1993 5.0 mustang coupe
    Holley Systemax II intake, TFS TW Alum. heads, novi 1000 supercharger, TF 1.6 Roller rockers, TF stage one cam, mac 70 mm T/B, 80mm Pro-m meter, FMS 24lb in. morpheus power pipe, Accel coil, rear air bag, Tremec 3550, FMS 373 gears, eaton 31 dif, moser 31 axles, FPR, white face gauges, pro 5.0 shifter, 3 chamber flowmasters, Offroad h-pipe, Mac headers, Centerfource cluch, steeda clutch quadrant and cable, saleen wing, walbro 255 fuel pump, Eibach lowering springs 1 7/8", M.U. Sub-frames. maximum motorsport LCAs, wild rides battle boxes, reinforcment plates.
    Track Times:
    Lebonon Valley:
    before heads/cam 13.76 @ 101.74 60ft - 2.24 after but before gears - 13.26 @106.66 with 2.166 60'
    12.840 @108.74 1.993 60ft
    11.998@114.015 1.730 60ft with novi non tuned and breaking up

11.236's EVERY time you run down the track takes alot of skill.
    i dont even think that this is posible to run that same time if you or i tried.

Originally posted by green93notch
    dont diss it if you dont know about it...
    Since I have never run on a dragstrip? It might take a tiny bit of skill but nowhere near as much as driving a rally course or even a road course for that matter.
    1967 Camaro
    2002 WRX SOLD

Originally posted by ihaveadent
    Since I have never run on a dragstrip? It might take a tiny bit of skill but nowhere near as much as driving a rally course or even a road course for that matter.
    Where have you rally raced at?
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Miguel,

I will say that you probably did buy the wrong car....If you want, before you pay off much more, go trade for the EVO, since you got a great deal they will probably be able to pay off your WRX loan.

I just dont think you looked at your wants or desires when you chose the car. You obviously like to drag race(as do I and most everyone as well), and no doubt street matchups are probably important(most are from a roll)....With these parameters a 165whp WRX vs a 240whp EVO and a 215whp SRT4 probably wasnt the right choice for you.

BUT.....that doesnt mean you cant have your WRX running 12's with a modest amount of work and owning all sorts of cars.
    2004 STi

Blitz DTT-DCII
    COBB Stage 2
    Invidia Catless DP
    HKS Hiper Cat-back
    Greddy: EGT, Boost, Oil Press Gauges
    Perrin Oil Catch Can

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast