WRX Vs Snow - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX Vs Snow within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; you make me miss the snow...

you make me miss the snow

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by silverscooby
    Sounds like fun.

We used to tie a rope onto the back of my buddy's Suzuki Samurai ( it's like a mini Jeep Wrangler ) and have him tow us behind him while we were on a sled.

It's fun as hell going 30mph on a sled on your stomach. Only downside is he has brakes and the person on the sled does not. There were a couple times where we almost slid under the freaking Suzuki when he slowed down a little.

To this day, I'm amazed that no-one got seriously injured doing that ****. Very dumb.
    my friends and I do this same thing! Hopefully, my friend will get his bro's video camera and I'll get some videos of it up.
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

Has anyone ever pulled someone beind there wrx?
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

The businesses, landlord, or owner can potentially complain to the police that you are trespassing and that you don't have permission to be there. But if you are doing it late at night, it's unlikely anyone would even know, besides the cop that's jealous of the fun you're having.

The cop can ask you to leave, but I don't believe they can write a ticket unless the owner of the property asks to press charges for trespassing.

I believe it would be in your best interest to be polite when confronted by the police and simply move along, so as not to incur their wrath on the road where they do have authority to nab you for most anything.

If the property owner gave you permission to be there, you'd be able to thumb your nose at the cop. BUT, most likely they would not do so due to liability reasons.

I'll still be doing it once Chicago sees some significant snowfall!

Originally posted by JeremyL
    the onyl place a cop can cite you for a motor vehicle violation is on a public way. which is defined as "a road that is maintained and paid for by the town/city and intended for public use"

now if you tried to run someone down in a walmart parking lot you would find yourself in some trouble

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Originally posted by Dan00Hawk
    The businesses, landlord, or owner can potentially complain to the police that you are trespassing and that you don't have permission to be there. But if you are doing it late at night, it's unlikely anyone would even know, besides the cop that's jealous of the fun you're having.

The cop can ask you to leave, but I don't believe they can write a ticket unless the owner of the property asks to press charges for trespassing.

I believe it would be in your best interest to be polite when confronted by the police and simply move along, so as not to incur their wrath on the road where they do have authority to nab you for most anything.

If the property owner gave you permission to be there, you'd be able to thumb your nose at the cop. BUT, most likely they would not do so due to liability reasons.

I'll still be doing it once Chicago sees some significant snowfall!
    i am also from the chicago area, and i am awaiting some nice snowfall. usually i just go to the near by jewel parking lot late at night and have some fun in the back of it.

If jewel doesnt complain, the cops cant ticket me for it? i dont intend on being a d!ck to them, but if i am just drifting around, they cant ticket me as long as the jewel does not complain?

i cant wait for some nice snow. although i dont have a wrx, i think it will be fun to throw my 2,500 lb integra GSR.

FWD cars are fun in reverse. its like havin two snowblowers blasting snow in front of the car, while you spin around....
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Pullin

Yes... that little tow hook pulls people on sleds nicely behind the WRX
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

Today was the first day i went hunting for drifts and damn, how deep do they have to be to stop a rex?

I was going through some that were over the side of my hood with very little problem. You would think you would get stuck but it just keeps on plowing forward.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12