GTP ??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on GTP ??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I used ot have one, a 98' black one. HUD, sunroof it was a nice ride. Felt really quick too ...

I used ot have one, a 98' black one. HUD, sunroof it was a nice ride. Felt really quick too faster than my wrx was stock thats for sure. Now things are diffent though lol..

That car was awesome though, had that sportshift feature used to bang through the gears nicely. Plus it used to cruise at 60mph and the engine would only turn 1,500rpms or something like that good freeway car.
    Mods: samco ic/radiator hoses, k&N in stock intake, Colder plugs, GFB pullies, Stromung catless turboback with txs RFL muffler, Perrin upipe, Exedy clutch, STI hoodscoop/grp. N engine/tranny mounts, UTEC (using custom map i made on the road). 13.24@103.58 Motor currently blown up

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had a 00 GTP coupe. I liked it a lot. I had a CAI and 3.4" pulley and a bunch of other stuff. I sold it for the STi.

2004 STi

honestly, how does it compare to the STi in every way...
    1998 Grand Prix GTP
    13.605 @ 107.33 mph

INTENSE, Inc.

Originally posted by 2HiPsi
    honestly, how does it compare to the STi in every way...
    Well I can guarantee you one thing about how it compares at least when it comes to performance. Out of the hole the STI would eat the GTP for lunch. There was a black one at the track today with at least exhaust I know running 12.9's and he was tearing every car he ran at least out of the hole. When you mod the GTP, it's still a front driver with a boatload of torque and IMO is incredibly difficult to launch well without getting MAD spin.

However, on this guy's 3rd run, he dumped at maybe 4K and broke something.....had to be pushed off the track and towed home. I felt sorry for the guy. The STI's and GTP's are two totally different cars though. Lots and lots of differences.
    Dave
    '01 GTP 4-dr
    Best ET: 13.490 @ 103.51
    2.115 sec. 60'
    Basic mods

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12