Almost had a chance with a GT Mustang - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Almost had a chance with a GT Mustang within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Z28Dan Heres the US version, can you believe the fox body mustang is based on this car!!! ...

Originally posted by Z28Dan
    Heres the US version, can you believe the fox body mustang is based on this car!!! I guess the GT letters add like 2 g's in cornering force?
    Yep the Ford Falcon XF was called a few things including a Fairmont. I say more like POS.
    01 WRX World Rally Blue

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Bah, please ignore the troll...
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

When I say I have beaten Mustang's, Corvettes and whatever from stop light to stop light, I wasnt kidding. I am not your first time racer. I have a couple of drag cars and have been drag racing at Bandimere in Colorado for over 11 years, so I know what I'm talking about. And again, in the state of Colorado(high altitude), my stock WRX will smoke Corvettes, Camaro LS1's, and Mustang GT's from light to light. I never said anything about top end or highway races. Not alot of V-8 fans here like to race top end anyways.

Originally posted by GREDDY
    When I say I have beaten Mustang's, Corvettes and whatever from stop light to stop light, I wasnt kidding. I am not your first time racer. I have a couple of drag cars and have been drag racing at Bandimere in Colorado for over 11 years, so I know what I'm talking about. And again, in the state of Colorado(high altitude), my stock WRX will smoke Corvettes, Camaro LS1's, and Mustang GT's from light to light. I never said anything about top end or highway races. Not alot of V-8 fans here like to race top end anyways.
    Mustang GT's yes, Corvettes and LS1's Hell NO. I live in Golden and work in Longmont, and I have never had any trouble with Stock WRX's (although I have been smoked by modded ones ). The altitude does go in favor of the turbo'd cars, but not THAT much. As an experienced drag racer such as yourself you should know that a Stock WRX will still get smoked by Corvettes and Other LS1's...
    1997 Arctic Silver M3/2
    UUC Tranny Mounts, UUC Clutch Bushings, Motorsport X-Brace, Alpine CDA 7894, JBL BP600.1, JL 12W3 V2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12