04wrx vs 04 srt-4..
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 04wrx vs 04 srt-4.. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well last night my cusin came up to visit and we were looking around with his wrx last night to ...

Cool 04wrx vs 04 srt-4..

well last night my cusin came up to visit and we were looking around with his wrx last night to go racing, well, we didnt find much and my cusin was looking to race a srt-4 cause we hear all these horror stories about how bad they beat wrx's and so on.. so i called my buddy sean and asked him to call his friend with the neon to run, we met up and BSed some. it was funny cause the two guys with the neon that came in knew about me and my mustang and were sayin that im a professional driver.. i laughed and told them no (cause im not in my eyes but i might be good at driving) and so on. so my friend sean gave him 10 bucks for gas to race us. my cusin and i thought for sure he was going to beat us after the hole but i knew that i had to have a good hole shot. we asked him what he did in the 1/4 and he said 13.9 @97 but highest trap was 100.

well after getting the gas we find a light and finally we're waiting there, (he's stock by the way and we only had a KnN) im staging at 3 until i see the other light turn yellow then brought it up to 4500, BAM! light turns green and we're off! right away at the top of 1st we had about 1.5 cars hit 2nd and then had about 2.5- 3 cars and thats the way it stayed all the way to 95 mph. we slowed down and he asked to run em from a 20 mph roll so we did. (my cusin and i already knew he was going to pull on us but owell, we did it anyway since we just beat him by 3 cars) three honks and we're off top of 1st he had a fender hit 2nd he brought about a 1 car and 3rd he had about 2 cars on us. made me happy and my cusin happy that we beat him from a stop though. cool guy.
    1993 5.0 mustang coupe
    Holley Systemax II intake, TFS TW Alum. heads, novi 1000 supercharger, TF 1.6 Roller rockers, TF stage one cam, mac 70 mm T/B, 80mm Pro-m meter, FMS 24lb in. morpheus power pipe, Accel coil, rear air bag, Tremec 3550, FMS 373 gears, eaton 31 dif, moser 31 axles, FPR, white face gauges, pro 5.0 shifter, 3 chamber flowmasters, Offroad h-pipe, Mac headers, Centerfource cluch, steeda clutch quadrant and cable, saleen wing, walbro 255 fuel pump, Eibach lowering springs 1 7/8", M.U. Sub-frames. maximum motorsport LCAs, wild rides battle boxes, reinforcment plates.
    Track Times:
    Lebonon Valley:
    before heads/cam 13.76 @ 101.74 60ft - 2.24 after but before gears - 13.26 @106.66 with 2.166 60'
    12.840 @108.74 1.993 60ft
    11.998@114.015 1.730 60ft with novi non tuned and breaking up

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thumbs up

The better driver won from a stop. Good Kill.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

The better driver won from a stop. Good Kill
    thank you i see that you have a camaro also, whats a NBM camaro? did you switch heads? all the guys around here without the heads and most bolt ons, MAF, TB, LTs, Cat back,cam etc. trap around 112-113 and i see you got a 115, .... heads??

The race was true cause i am the cousin that he is talking about....It was my '04 WRX that raced the Neon....It was a great kill......
    Last edited by MLB427; 12-04-2003 at 08:30 PM.

hey you guys live in Yonkers? Where did you do the race? I'm from Hastings so I might know the road.

Actually i an from Yo. My cuz is from upstate. We raced the SRT-4 up on RT-9 in Wappingers.....

hey cuz! so you're finally on the board here, nice! PurelySwift - it wasnt down in Yonkers, it was up by me, the run was in Poughkeepsie. do you got a WRX too?

Wow, you must have really been a better driver than him, because stock for stock even with a killer launch the SRT will still pull from a dig. Good kill though.

Nah, don't I wish. I go to Bates College in Lewiston, ME at the moment and am car-less. I'm going abroad next year so maybe when I come back for my senior year I can talk my parents into helping me finance something, if they are still making it in the 06 product line.

MLB have you ever been to the meets by Nathan's on Central Av? When I come home for Christmas maybe I'll get to one.

Thumbs up

Originally posted by green93notch
    thank you i see that you have a camaro also, whats a NBM camaro? did you switch heads? all the guys around here without the heads and most bolt ons, MAF, TB, LTs, Cat back,cam etc. trap around 112-113 and i see you got a 115, .... heads??
    Stock heads .

My cam isn't that aggressive either. Research a little more because there are other cam only M6s trapping 113+mph. I'm pretty sure my car is capable of trapping 117mph as is. I just need to work on my launching and ofcourse, drive even better. I'm really tempted to take my SS out one more time now that it's colder.

PS. NBM = Navy Blue Metallic
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Back in the early 90's i was up there every night off from work when i had my 5.0.I am married with a kid so i don't have much time to go there now.It was great though when i went.
    2004 WRX Black,K&N Air filter,Turbo XS utec,3" Turbo XS turbo back stainless exhaust,Turbo XS uppipe,VF-39 Turbo Perrin BOV, DC racing 550 Injectors ,Walboro fuel pump, NGK iridium spark plugs ,Defi Boost and EGT Gauges,( 280 awhp SAE and 270 awtq SAE ).

Actually the car with AWD won, not the better driver. IMO.

Originally posted by v8killa
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

Is it just me or did you forget to tell us what reason(s) you have to believe this??
    P.S. Nice kill Green!
    Last edited by Boostman; 12-05-2003 at 12:13 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.