04wrx vs 04 srt-4.. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 04wrx vs 04 srt-4.. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Actually the car with AWD won, not the better driver not to sound conceeded or anything but i do believe ...

Actually the car with AWD won, not the better driver
    not to sound conceeded or anything but i do believe that theres a special way every car has to be driven, from front wheel, to rear wheel and all wheel drive. the awd i can come out alot higher then a rear wheel drive car cause its gonna hook but you cant just let the clutch out imo cause then the car dies down to no RPM which would cause a very bad bog. but if you slip out the clutch and give it gas to keep the rpms up then you're going to pull alot better then having to just "pop" the clutch out... ive been racing since i was 17 and tried many different ways to come out the hole but mostly with RWD and front wheel (my beater car. )
    and because if i come out at idle with the AWD, the neon would not only beat me but would kill me ... imo.

P.S. Nice kill Green!
    Boostman - thanks man! it was a great win and to top it off the guy with the neon wasnt a jurk. but thanks for the comp!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Great explanation green93notch .

Like XtianLA stated, regardless of your AWD launching advantage, an equally skilled 04' SRT-4 driver would have pulled you nicely by the time 95mph came around. I'd say by atleast 2 cars. As I mentioned above, you were the better driver that day. Keep up the good work and be safe.

Great explanation green93notch, As I mentioned above, you were the better driver that day. Keep up the good work and be safe
    thank you
    1993 5.0 mustang coupe
    Holley Systemax II intake, TFS TW Alum. heads, novi 1000 supercharger, TF 1.6 Roller rockers, TF stage one cam, mac 70 mm T/B, 80mm Pro-m meter, FMS 24lb in. morpheus power pipe, Accel coil, rear air bag, Tremec 3550, FMS 373 gears, eaton 31 dif, moser 31 axles, FPR, white face gauges, pro 5.0 shifter, 3 chamber flowmasters, Offroad h-pipe, Mac headers, Centerfource cluch, steeda clutch quadrant and cable, saleen wing, walbro 255 fuel pump, Eibach lowering springs 1 7/8", M.U. Sub-frames. maximum motorsport LCAs, wild rides battle boxes, reinforcment plates.
    Track Times:
    Lebonon Valley:
    before heads/cam 13.76 @ 101.74 60ft - 2.24 after but before gears - 13.26 @106.66 with 2.166 60'
    12.840 @108.74 1.993 60ft
    11.998@114.015 1.730 60ft with novi non tuned and breaking up

Originally posted by Shaitiger
    Great explanation green93notch .

Like XtianLA stated, regardless of your AWD launching advantage, an equally skilled 04' SRT-4 driver would have pulled you nicely by the time 95mph came around. I'd say by atleast 2 cars. As I mentioned above, you were the better driver that day. Keep up the good work and be safe.
    Yes, believe everyone. It's already been proven. Stock for Stock, even with a KILLER launch, the SRT-4 will pull like an SOB. It's sad, I know, I've lost to plenty. This was not to put you down or anything, I'd just hate to see you get a little cocky and talk some crap and then end up losing to a better driver. That's always MUCH more embarassing than just being humble about your W.

Nice kill man and great driving!! Keep it safe !!

Oh, if you give me 10 bucks for gas, I'll race ya!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Oh, if you give me 10 bucks for gas, I'll race ya!
    only if you give me a 100 after i beat u with my car
    1993 5.0 mustang coupe
    Holley Systemax II intake, TFS TW Alum. heads, novi 1000 supercharger, TF 1.6 Roller rockers, TF stage one cam, mac 70 mm T/B, 80mm Pro-m meter, FMS 24lb in. morpheus power pipe, Accel coil, rear air bag, Tremec 3550, FMS 373 gears, eaton 31 dif, moser 31 axles, FPR, white face gauges, pro 5.0 shifter, 3 chamber flowmasters, Offroad h-pipe, Mac headers, Centerfource cluch, steeda clutch quadrant and cable, saleen wing, walbro 255 fuel pump, Eibach lowering springs 1 7/8", M.U. Sub-frames. maximum motorsport LCAs, wild rides battle boxes, reinforcment plates.
    Track Times:
    Lebonon Valley:
    before heads/cam 13.76 @ 101.74 60ft - 2.24 after but before gears - 13.26 @106.66 with 2.166 60'
    12.840 @108.74 1.993 60ft
    11.998@114.015 1.730 60ft with novi non tuned and breaking up

Yes, believe everyone. It's already been proven. Stock for Stock, even with a KILLER launch, the SRT-4 will pull like an SOB. It's sad, I know, I've lost to plenty. This was not to put you down or anything, I'd just hate to see you get a little cocky and talk some crap and then end up losing to a better driver. That's always MUCH more embarassing than just being humble about your W.
    i know its not to put me down and understand that the srt-4 runs strong. trust me on that. i like the car and maybe i like to be a lil bit more of a under dog and thats why i have a 5.slow.
    i dont rub it into anyones face either if i win unless the person is a jerk, ive had this happen to me and i hated the kid and wanted to make my car fast as it can get (my old 88 coupe) but i finally got my revenge on him after i blew his doors in with my 300 # friend with me in my car. i deff ran my mouth about my car because it was as good as it gets.( for him to get his own bitter taste) i feel i dont brag about my car but people come up to me telling me about how they like my car and this is people that i dont even know. this makes me feel good to know that people do talk about my car and how it performs. idk, but i do know that im tired and im going to sleep now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12