C&D 10 Best... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on C&D 10 Best... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I stand corrected on the afforementioned Hondas. I got lazy and didn't do my research, I *thought* I knew. But ...

I stand corrected on the afforementioned Hondas. I got lazy and didn't do my research, I *thought* I knew. But still you have to admit it must have been a problem (the torque issue) if Honda recieved enough complaints to do an engine revision. Plus, comparing a REX to an S2000 is an apples to oranges thing. You might as well compare an STI to an s2000, but the STI isn't a convertible either. I think that $7000 is a bit o' difference between the two models (I could do a lot to my car for 7k).

Is there something I'm missing on the TSX? Why is it better then say an RSX, which IMHO is one of the best cars Honda makes. Maybe they wanted to do something different this year. In any case I don't think you needed to get so upset, you can point out my errors without gettin' crazy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Obviously performance and price and handling are not very high on C/D's list.
    FUNKED1
    GO PETTER & TOMMI!!!

Originally posted by keystah
    I stand corrected on the afforementioned Hondas. I got lazy and didn't do my research, I *thought* I knew. But still you have to admit it must have been a problem (the torque issue) if Honda recieved enough complaints to do an engine revision. Plus, comparing a REX to an S2000 is an apples to oranges thing. You might as well compare an STI to an s2000, but the STI isn't a convertible either. I think that $7000 is a bit o' difference between the two models (I could do a lot to my car for 7k).

Is there something I'm missing on the TSX? Why is it better then say an RSX, which IMHO is one of the best cars Honda makes. Maybe they wanted to do something different this year. In any case I don't think you needed to get so upset, you can point out my errors without gettin' crazy.
    the s2k is still selling well...im not quite sure why they changed the recipe. a little more punch down low for a sacrifice up top. to me, whats up top makes for the most fun...but i guess im the minority there, and most dont get to exploit that everyday. anyhoo, whos comparing a rex to an s2k? im certainly not. theyre 2 different cars on 2 different missions.

i dont know what you do know about the tsx, but it is quite a nice car. if i were in the market for a family car (that i would have to keep stock), that would be high on my list. the interior quality is amazing, the engine is smooth and can be had with a 6 speed. the new cars honda is putting out are some of the finest ever. theyve always had the reliability and the high specific output engines around...but now they are becoming more well rounded and the interior quality is really allowing them to take on the leaders in each category.

anyways, thats my $.02. i wasnt really that mad, but ive just noticed that a lot of people (esp on this board) are quick to bash hondas. just in general, i get annoyed easily when people start saying things that dont have any fact as a base. i understand people have their opinions, but opinions based on misinformation can lead to even more misinformation. i apologize for being so snappy, though.
    '04 PSM STi - modded (sr50+the works)
    '05 JGM RSX Type-S - stock

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.