What is the best car that... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on What is the best car that... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My vote is for the GTP or GTX (more ponies, better looking hood). I've driven them on an autocross type ...

My vote is for the GTP or GTX (more ponies, better looking hood). I've driven them on an autocross type track and they were one of the funnest cars that were there for us to drive. They are pretty quick, lots of torque and nice inside too.

They feel bigger than the rex, but they didn't feel as big as driving my Pontiac Formula, so somewhere in the middle. I seriously considered buying one when they first came out, I though they were the shiz... They are even faster and better looking now than they were then too.

-jason
    2002 Midnight Black WRX - EJ22 w/ VF30 and all the other stuff to go with it...

***ATTN: Speed Kills! Drive a Honda and live FOREVER. ***

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by 2point0
    I think this will be my next car after the WRX when it comes out:

Replaces the Grand Am. It has a 280HP (?) Supercharged V6, automatic with paddle shifters and AWD!
    Thats gotta be the best looking pontiac I have seen in awhile, thank god they got rid of all the bumps and bulkiness, nice clean lines, looks a little like an accord but better, and meaner. Wonder how the build quality will be though.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

Originally posted by ihaveadent
    teach your friend how to drive a stick. nobody should get a "quick" car with an automatic.
    Comments like this....and i need to think before i type. Reality check killer......Not everyone wants to be like you. Guess im not cool in your eyes cause i have a auto wrx. Schucks...Bummer....how will i ever manage to move on?

what does 2 fast 2 furious and/or nitrous oxide have to do with whether one should drive a car with a manual transmission? and like someone already stated, the srt-4 is manual only. think before you type.
    You ever thought that not everyone wants a manual?

Its not like we who chose autos are trying to save money. They are the same price either way. So for you to say...blah blah blah get a stick....is lame. You want a stick, fine, more power to you. But assuming someone who bought a auto dont know how to drive a stick is a jackass statement. I owned 3 manuals before i decided i wanna be lazy. If you got issues with people buying a "Quick" car in an auto....write your congressman. Cause no one here give 2 sh*ts!

EDIT:
    it was simply his attempt at flaming me.
    Your doing a damn good job at flaming yourself with your highly thought threw intelligent comments!
    Last edited by skyjock41; 12-05-2003 at 01:31 PM.

Originally posted by skyjock41
    Comments like this....and i need to think before i type. Reality check killer......Not everyone wants to be like you. Guess im not cool in your eyes cause i have a auto wrx. Schucks...Bummer....how will i ever manage to move on?

You ever thought that not everyone wants a manual?

Its not like we who chose autos are trying to save money. They are the same price either way. So for you to say...blah blah blah get a stick....is lame. You want a stick, fine, more power to you. But assuming someone who bought a auto dont know how to drive a stick is a jackass statement. I owned 3 manuals before i decided i wanna be lazy. If you got issues with people buying a "Quick" car in an auto....write your congressman. Cause no one here give 2 sh*ts!

EDIT:

Your doing a damn good job at flaming yourself with your highly thought threw intelligent comments!
    Just a quick pointer, before you start bashing people for "unintelligent" comments, learn how to spell and learn a few grammar rules. It's not me who should think things "threw" from now on, smart guy.

I should probably write my Congressman about the sad state of literacy in America. We, as a nation, probably need to start offering free adult grammar classes for people such as yourself.
    Last edited by ihaveadent; 12-05-2003 at 02:46 PM.
    1967 Camaro
    2002 WRX SOLD

Well at least i feel better. All you could comeback with is some grammar bs flame line, which tells me you realize your a idiot but are clawing and scratching in your one last ditch effort to hold on to some dignity.

Peace out school teacher.

Cant we all just get along? And I may be wrong but i thought we were trying to help someone out not flame each other.
    Honda's are like tampons every P---y has one.

Re: What is the best car that...

Originally posted by 2point0
    has nice interior, automatic transmission, nice pick up and 2 doors and can be easily modded?

For around $20,000?

Cough, DSM, cough...and you'll have a good chunk of that 20k left.
    My Ride:
    99 Eclipse GS-T
    Mods: Yes
    277 hp / 285 tq.

Other Ride:
    Sonic Yellow 03 WRX Wagon

Ive also dirven an 04 STi

Friends dont let friends drive NA.

Its hard to find an AWD Turbo Eclipse around here with low miles.

He is not looking for something so unreliable either.
    " I sell ice in the winter, I sell fire in hell "

I think my comeback about you bashing my "unintelligent" posts was actually very relevant and in no way was a sign that I was "clawing" for some kind of point to make. You are bashing me for sounding like an idiot, but you spell a bunch of words wrong and make basic grammar mistakes in the post. Obviously you aren't intelligent enough to understand the irony in this so have someone with a somewhat normal IQ explain it to you. Yes, this was a flame. I am done with this pointless argument though. I still hold to my opinion that someone who wants a fast car should purchase that car with a manual transmission. All of you slushbox lovers out there can do your own thing. All I was originally trying to do was state my opinion to try to help someone find a fun car to drive. Shortly thereafter, people decided to bash me for my opinion.

All of my comments are probably irrelevant though because I am "a idiot."
    Last edited by ihaveadent; 12-06-2003 at 06:27 PM.
    1967 Camaro
    2002 WRX SOLD

A camaro sounds good for him. I have a 1970 1/2 Camaro SS and it flies with a TH350(before and after the shift kit). And the 350 is possibly the most upgradable engine out there. The most expensive part was a carb. rebuild kit at $44.You can get them cheap(car and parts) and they are so easy to work on. It sucks in the snow though and it gets 12mpg. Or a GMC typhoon!(i love that truck !)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc00344.jpg  
    Last edited by legacymax; 12-06-2003 at 12:00 AM.

a 98 GTP sounds good =P but the typhonn is a sick truck persomally i want a GNX or a T-TYPE
    HAPPINESS IS BEING BLOWN .....

All of my comments are probably irrelevant though because I am "a idiot."
    Dont beat yourself up!
    Last edited by skyjock41; 12-06-2003 at 08:02 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123