What is the best car that... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on What is the best car that... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Mustang GT...

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Mustang GT
    2003 SRT-4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by ihaveadent
    teach your friend how to drive a stick. nobody should get a "quick" car with an automatic.
    Not everyone is 2 fast 2 furious and spraying the NAWZZZZZZZZZ.

Oh and to the thread starter....what about the SRT-4

SRT-4's do not come in an automatic.

How about a Auto TT Supra with higher mileage. I have 3 friends with single turbo Supras who currently have close to or over 100k on the original motor with no problems.

For 20,000 you should be able to find a decent automatic turbo.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Originally posted by skyjock41
    Not everyone is 2 fast 2 furious and spraying the NAWZZZZZZZZZ.

Oh and to the thread starter....what about the SRT-4
    what does 2 fast 2 furious and/or nitrous oxide have to do with whether one should drive a car with a manual transmission? and like someone already stated, the srt-4 is manual only. think before you type.
    1967 Camaro
    2002 WRX SOLD

The new Tiburon really isn't a bad car, and comes with one hell of a warranty and Hyundai is making better and more reliable cars every year.

The 04 Tiburon's now come with the 17" wheels and body colored high rear spoiler that only the manuals used to come with. The 03 auto's all got 16" wheels and only a rear lip. We have em new for around $17k...a lot less than even a used RSX or Celica
    It is better to have others think that you are a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

02 WRX 44k - sold 2/28/5
    96 Corolla 128k
    92 Corolla 160k
    88 Accord 208k
    90 Voyager 242k

Apex'i hooked up the 4cyl tibueron I read somewhere thats its pretty damn fast. I think i saw it in import tuner or something.

if hyundai wants to become a respected company they need to release a low cost (around 20k) turbocharged, awd wrc-inspired accent. they could sell a shltload of those.
    1967 Camaro
    2002 WRX SOLD

My friend has an auto tiburon, you get a cold air intake and you get around 20hp, and he said a good exhaust will also add good power. All this info is from friend so afaik its correct.
    Honda's are like tampons every P---y has one.

I think the Mazda 6 is a really nice car. I know its a sedan but does anyone have any more info on this car they would like to share? The Manumatic looks sweet.

The Pontiac GTP is another good one. Does it handle and feel as big as it is? I had a Grand Am GT and liked it a lot.
    I doubt it's as modable as the WRX! But still... can you turn up the boost and all that?

I might buy a GTP for myself as a second car. I like them. I bet a good exhaust would sound awesome with that big V6 and if you could free up the sound of the supercharger.
    " I sell ice in the winter, I sell fire in hell "

I think this will be my next car after the WRX when it comes out:

Replaces the Grand Am. It has a 280HP (?) Supercharged V6, automatic with paddle shifters and AWD!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pontiac.g6.f34.500.jpg  

Originally posted by 2point0
    I think the Mazda 6 is a really nice car. I know its a sedan but does anyone have any more info on this car they would like to share? The Manumatic looks sweet.

The Pontiac GTP is another good one. Does it handle and feel as big as it is? I had a Grand Am GT and liked it a lot.
    I doubt it's as modable as the WRX! But still... can you turn up the boost and all that?

I might buy a GTP for myself as a second car. I like them. I bet a good exhaust would sound awesome with that big V6 and if you could free up the sound of the supercharger.

The GTP handles o.k. Its weight does show around the corners though but it is a very nice riding car. It is a VERY mod friendly car. For 150 bucks you can get in the 13's easily. There are a ton of GTP's running 12's, and a few in the 11's. I really hope that we get the G6 that showed up as a concept....might be my next car!
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Fully loaded w/Appreance Package.
    Wizaired CAI

Originally posted by ihaveadent
    teach your friend how to drive a stick. nobody should get a "quick" car with an automatic.
    Now i don't want to turn this into an auto vs manual debate, but why do you have to go and say that? You told that guy to think before he types when in fact you are the one who needs to think first. For some people, they need automatic cuz they drive to work in heavy traffic, or some people just never learned how to drive stick. I can drive stick but i choose not too. I have an automatic and im happy with it. I have two "quick" automatics at my house, one being my WRX and a '02 Camaro SS. If you think autos can't be quick ill be more than glad to show you your wrong.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

i know automatics can be quick. i have driven a few amg benz's (which are all autos in the usa) in my day. if you want the most responsive and intelligent throttle response, a human needs to be shifting the gears. starting with an auto base car vs. a manual of that same base car, the manual in the hands of a competent driver will always be faster. in my opinion if you want a car to drive to work then get something like an auto camry, but if you are gonna get a performance car, get it with a manual. that is only my opinion though. and as for the think before you type argument, i was talking about the guy not knowing that srt-4s are only manuals AND the fact that he brought up some fast and the furious crap which had nothing to do with the topic, it was simply his attempt at flaming me.

Je pense avant que je dactylographie.
    Last edited by ihaveadent; 12-02-2003 at 09:44 PM.
    1967 Camaro
    2002 WRX SOLD

Originally posted by GTP_Gator
    The GTP handles o.k. Its weight does show around the corners though but it is a very nice riding car. It is a VERY mod friendly car. For 150 bucks you can get in the 13's easily. There are a ton of GTP's running 12's, and a few in the 11's. I really hope that we get the G6 that showed up as a concept....might be my next car!
    Not to sound stuck up or anything...

but we are getting the G6. The Grand Am is going away and this is what it will be replaced with. I crap you not but I was there for the test crashes and seen quite a few production cars. They look very similar to the concept. The interior is awesome, along the lines of the new GTO. So yes I have seen production versions. The same day I was there was a few C6 vette's. As you know by now, it is very pretty!

Re: What is the best car that...

Originally posted by 2point0
    has nice interior, automatic transmission, nice pick up and 2 doors and can be easily modded?

For around $20,000?

Sounds like the last gen Prelude might be a good choice for you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.