B*tch in a Bimmer.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on B*tch in a Bimmer. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok... I just (10 minutes ago) had to run to Fedex which is about 3 blocks away from my office. ...

B*tch in a Bimmer.

Ok... I just (10 minutes ago) had to run to Fedex which is about 3 blocks away from my office.

On the way back, I'm approaching lights in the right-hand of the center two lanes which are intended for motorists going straight. In my rearview I see a BMW SUV coming up fast in the right most lane, which is a turn lane to get onto I-25. I just get the 'feeling' it's going to cut in front of me, so I mash the gas and drop the BMW. However, the light turns red ahead of me so I drop the anchor hard. By this point the BMW has pulled into the lane behind me (my suspicions confirmed). It is a 'female' driving and she nearly rearends me. As we come to a halt, she swings alongside me into the lefthand of the center lanes.

Well, guess what she does next... The light goes green, and she floors it and pulls hard (HARD) across into my lane chopping my nose Schumacher-style. I literally had to stand on the brakes to avoid collision. This REALLY pissed me off because a) I didn't bother launching so she got a good jump on me, and b) She was a b*tch.

Anyway, I'm sorry to say I returned the favor by accelerating hard around her and cutting her off a block later. I gave the bird for good measure. My only regret is that I'm sure I didn't terrify her as she did me, since if I had done as she did my car would have been totalled by a 5000lb road-going yacht.

I hate overpriced, oversized road-only SUVs, especially when driven (in the loosest possible interpretation) by people like that.

-Pace
    Last edited by pace; 05-13-2002 at 04:05 PM.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

pace,

Rant over?!!?

Do you feel better now.

-Jim

You know when something happens that you are totally unprepared for and which just infuriates you to your core...

I do feel a little better. But you better believe that the next BMW X5 I see is going down in a blaze of clutch smoke.

-Pace

Man, women in SUV's AKA SOCCER moms on tehre cell phones while yelling at there kids..... AINT IT DANDY???

Rob

Originally posted by RobPA
    Man, women in SUV's AKA SOCCER moms on tehre cell phones while yelling at there kids..... AINT IT DANDY???

Rob
    Some how the SUV turned into ego monster. I am waiting for a serious accident to happen that makes it to national TV and create an awareness on the serious problems. As SUVs are getting bigger and faster, who knows.
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

Originally posted by WRXrumble
    Some how the SUV turned into ego monster. I am waiting for a serious accident to happen that makes it to national TV and create an awareness on the serious problems. As SUVs are getting bigger and faster, who knows.
    They're getting BIGGER and FASTER, but they sure as hell aren't getting LIGHTER and MORE MANEUVERABLE! (with the exception of the BMW X5, which is unfortunately the case here)

American SUVs are simply getting more and more HP. Nevermind the fact that they have ridiculously high centers of gravity and nowhere near enough braking capability.
    Remember when the only time you saw a Suburban was when it was full of kids or towing a boat?

-Jim

Well ...

SUV or large cars suck. Last Friday I left work early just to beat traffic to pickup my tires and almost got hit by 3 different cars ranging from SUVs, trucks, and vans. You wonder why I drop every big car which is beside me. I hate them and would NOT drive a large car if I got one from FREE. I value my car and would have beat her like a rag doll if the X5 hit me. I HATE big car drivers ... another SUV tries to "run" against me on the hwy in a 180 degree turn ... umm what an idiot? Well while they're hitting the brakes I'm gunning through ... too bad ... get a better car next time. Large car drivers suck ... humm you think I'm biased.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

Hehe...that really reminds me of a funny SUV incident that happened to me. I'm on a long straightaway and the speed limit is 45, some a-hole in an Exhibition started riding my ass. I'm going about 52 in the 45 with cruise control on. I know at the end of the straight is a relatively sharp right hander. So I just keep it on cruise control and he juts stays on my ass...we get to the corner and I just glide on through, I heard his tires squeal as he braked hard. He didn't wreck or anything, but maybe he'll think twice about following a small car so close.

I hate thos damn things (pigs of the highway)
    '02 WRX Sport Wagon
    Midnight Black Pearl
    Godspeed Uppipe
    K&N filter
    Synthetic Oil
    more to come

Originally posted by Chesta
    Hehe...that really reminds me of a funny SUV incident that happened to me. I'm on a long straightaway and the speed limit is 45, some a-hole in an Exhibition started riding my ass. I'm going about 52 in the 45 with cruise control on. I know at the end of the straight is a relatively sharp right hander. So I just keep it on cruise control and he juts stays on my ass...we get to the corner and I just glide on through, I heard his tires squeal as he braked hard. He didn't wreck or anything, but maybe he'll think twice about following a small car so close.

I hate thos damn things (pigs of the highway)
    Yeah I love it when I enter a big sweeper and actually increase speed before turning in while everyone else hit their brakes. Is is so funny to see 3/5 series bimmer hit their brakes for a highway sweeper. So many people really don't know what their euro sedan can do other then doing 90 on the straight. Btw they will go like crazy after the turn and blow by you hahahha, well here comes another sweeper
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

I consider my Grand Cherokee to be plenty large enough for most people's needs, but thing is completely dwarfed by the likes of Expeditions and Land Cruisers. Don't even mention Excursions and Suburbans.

As an avid 4-wheeler (I save the extreme stuff for my other Jeep), what really offends me is all the poser SUVs that are just incapable of leaving the tarmac. 99% of owners likely never try to take their SUVs offroad, so if they just want it for the space they'd be better served by a mini-van. These are both safer and more practical. If it's the AWD you want - get a freakin' Subaru, or an Audi if you're into the image thing. I don't get it. How did it become cool to own a 4WD when you don't even know how to engage 4-LO?

Here in Colorado I run trails that vary from mildly challenging to downright scary. You would not believe some of the idiots I have seen try to attempt the impossible in an ill-equipped vehicle simply because they believed the marketing hype and had too much confidence in their basic driving abilities.

Independant suspension, entry steps, plastic bumpers, and 'all terrain' tires are the first clue that your SUV was never meant to leave the black stuff without some serious modification. Last year I saw a late model Chevy Blazer roll over backwards. Disaster was only averted because the vehicle toppled back into a dirt bank and so remained upright. On the very same trail the year before I saw a beautiful, but completely stock late model bronco first crack his oil pan, then rip off his front bumper. The guy was persistent, I'll give him that. This is a trail whose entry sign reads "Rated Most Difficult".

SUV owners should be required to take a special vehicle safety course. These should use tape recordings of accidents that show what happens when a 5000lb SUV contacts the rear of the compact it was tailgating at 80mph.

-Pace

Yeah I don't understand some of the people that drives..
    I was going on the highway, a lady is cuts me off while merging from the ramp and GAVE ME the bird. I was like wtf? I didn't do **** and she cuts me off to go on the highway.

Blondes in Escalades...these women need to be shot...or at best..have their arms. I must be a target for these types or some Escalade forum in Mid michigan is out to get me...but these *****es need to die.

across into my lane chopping my nose Schumacher-style
    my new fav quote....Shumacher-stye!....hellllllll yeah....
    Someone: Dude are you gonna get a body kit?
    Me: Well the day it adds any kind of performace....sure
    Someone looks confused

The biggest thing i hate is people who justify buying SUVs because they are safer. Will the SUV come out better when coliding with a 2500 lb compact? yes, and you just screwed whoever is driving in the car. Will it come out better if hitting an oak tree? I think most crash tests have proven hell no. Not to mention the high center of gravity, almost all accidents are preceeded by some sort of major braking. The car A) is far less likely to get into an accident in the first place due to much shorter braking distances, and if it's still in an accident B) the car will be moving a lot slower, and since enrgy is proportional to velocity squared, the SUV is gonna hit a whole lot harder into whatever.

Not to mention like everyone said, that if you want an actualy offroad vehicle you need a pick-up because SUVs are mostly car suspension mini vans with huge engines.

and then there's the people who drive them. MY dad is in the market for a new car... is he going to get a audi or other comparible car? no he's going for under 20k because within the last year, there's been three dents in the side of his car (right around the gas tank opening) at SUV bumper height from RETARDS pulling out of parking spots and hitting him while pulling out.

hehe... no more ranting for me. thanks for starting this pace it feels good to get it off my chest .

ps i really dont mind cherokee sized SUVS its the big ass ones that unnerve me.

Here, here

You'll noticed I spelled it "the ford exhibition"

That was not a mistake.

Every soccermom should have a 450HP, 8000lb gorrilla.

I looked in microsoft thesaurus for "escalade", the very first suggestion was "Error of your ways"

Too funny
    '02 WRX Sport Wagon
    Midnight Black Pearl
    Godspeed Uppipe
    K&N filter
    Synthetic Oil
    more to come

If it didn't stink, I'd keep a bag of dung in my car to throw at ice holes. But then again, if it didn't stink, what good would it be?

I used to hate SUVs. Then I got married, had kids, ..., you know how the story goes. But the thing is, my Suburban is actually pretty cool. I wish I had one when I was a wild, young and wreckless buck. Man, the road trips me and my pals could've had in that thing!

Load that baby up with chicks and put a keg in the back and you're all set for a country cruise. And it draws a lot less attention than a fast car.

It'd have been a lot safer, too. Sometimes the entire area would get shut down with a few feet of snow. That didn't stop me and my drinking buddies from going out cruising in the old Mustang. Yeah, we were irresponsible. But we had a lot fun.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.