My wrx vs. Big 16g eclipse
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on My wrx vs. Big 16g eclipse within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Now based on my most recent posts I should not be racing. I however cannot resist the temptation sometimes. I ...

My wrx vs. Big 16g eclipse

Now based on my most recent posts I should not be racing. I however cannot resist the temptation sometimes.
    I see this 95-96 gsx eclipse w/ a huge fmic. I drive alongside him for a few minutes and finally I roll the window down. I ask him if he wants to go to the service road down the street and run. He obliges.
    So its really cold and I know my map is going to fudge me. I do it anyways. So we go from a 1st gear roll and through first Im ahead by 1/2 car. Into 2nd we go and he begins to pull. I did not start to detonate until the end of 2nd. In 3rd I start to feather my throttle and by the end of 3rd I am 1-2 cars back.
    The second race we went from a 2nd gear roll and this one was a little closer. I only lost by 1-1 1/2 cars by 120mph this time.
    I dont think this was that bad figuring that both times I detonated several times and he had a huge fmic, a big 16g turbo, and Im sure the supporting mods. He claimed that he ran a 12.7 at 112mph. The trap time seems pretty high to me figuring I stayed with in 2 cars detonationg the whole time. What do you think?
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    you need to fix your car already!
    2003 SRT-4

I would...But I do not want to drive all the way back to my original home to do it. Im gonna put the car away for the winter next week anyways...soo..
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

12.7 is a believeable time for a DSM on a big 16... theye have cars running stock 14b's hitting 12's... gotta watch those DSM's they're pretty dame quick when done up right.
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

Re: My wrx vs. Big 16g eclipse

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    Now based on my most recent posts I should not be racing. I however cannot resist the temptation sometimes.
    I see this 95-96 gsx eclipse w/ a huge fmic. I drive alongside him for a few minutes and finally I roll the window down. I ask him if he wants to go to the service road down the street and run. He obliges.
    So its really cold and I know my map is going to fudge me. I do it anyways. So we go from a 1st gear roll and through first Im ahead by 1/2 car. Into 2nd we go and he begins to pull. I did not start to detonate until the end of 2nd. In 3rd I start to feather my throttle and by the end of 3rd I am 1-2 cars back.
    The second race we went from a 2nd gear roll and this one was a little closer. I only lost by 1-1 1/2 cars by 120mph this time.
    I dont think this was that bad figuring that both times I detonated several times and he had a huge fmic, a big 16g turbo, and Im sure the supporting mods. He claimed that he ran a 12.7 at 112mph. The trap time seems pretty high to me figuring I stayed with in 2 cars detonationg the whole time. What do you think?
    Sounds like it would have been a good race if your car wasn't detonating. What do you mean by that anyway?
    My Ride:
    99 Eclipse GS-T
    Mods: Yes
    277 hp / 285 tq.

Other Ride:
    Sonic Yellow 03 WRX Wagon

Ive also dirven an 04 STi

Friends dont let friends drive NA.

Because my map is not tuned for cold weather my utec pulls back timing when I go full throttle. A simple tune will fix this however I am not messing with it and I have no time to travel to the place who tunes my car. So basically it hesitates then gives me power, hestitates then gives me power....its like a game of pull my timing/power....
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    Because my map is not tuned for cold weather my utec pulls back timing when I go full throttle. A simple tune will fix this however I am not messing with it and I have no time to travel to the place who tunes my car. So basically it hesitates then gives me power, hestitates then gives me power....its like a game of pull my timing/power....
    Ummmmm, ok .

I'm still a bit of a WRX newb. What's a map? And utec?
    I can probably make more sence of it if I know those.
    My Ride:
    99 Eclipse GS-T
    Mods: Yes
    277 hp / 285 tq.

Other Ride:
    Sonic Yellow 03 WRX Wagon

Ive also dirven an 04 STi

Friends dont let friends drive NA.

UTEC- User Tuneable Engine Computer

Map- The settings of the UTEC, a map of the cars timing, fuel etc.
    2002 WRX Sedan, Blue.
    Catless, Cobb Stage 2, and so on.

nice race, his trap seems a bit high but not unbelievable
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    you need to fix your car already!
    w3rd!

WHAT? Putting a Subaru away for the winter? What is it with the new Soobie owners? Bah! Winter is the best time to own one!

-B

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.