S2000 Rematch 3
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on S2000 Rematch 3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Tom, my brother, and I decided to make a few runs yesterday late afternoon. I know my car pulls much ...

S2000 Rematch 3

Tom, my brother, and I decided to make a few runs yesterday late afternoon. I know my car pulls much harder in the cold so we decided to see by how much. It was in the mid 40s temperature which is cooler than what I tunned for however I figured it shouldn't make that much of a difference as long as I was not overboosting. We did 20, 40, and 60 runs to 100. The outcome is what really surprised me; I only pulled 1 car length the whole time no matter which mph we started at. I figured I would have pulled more than 2 car lengths since when we race at 60-70s temperature I usually get 2 car lengths easily. I use Tom's S2000 as a benchmark when I do mods and since I haven't done anything in that last 9 months I just wanted to see how things run. I'm very impressed with the N/A S2000 in the cold. I'm still trying to work out some knocks because when I reach redline in 3rd and switch to 4th I get knock again. Granted it was colder than I planned, plus I've added back timing since the "failed" dyno run ( another story ) in the knock area, I still had a good time. Tom also knows if we "street race" that I'd have him easily by a few car lengths because when I was stock I could easily put 1-2 car lengths off the line thus the same results would transpire so we never/hardly ever to 0 mph starts.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    2003 SRT-4

What are you doing with the stock turbo still on?

Yo

Well I've decided to NOT spend anymore money on my car. I'm trying to save up for a house; if I ever do decide on upgrading I'd get a STI instead of the Stage 3 and 4 packages.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.