S2000 Rematch 3

This is a discussion on S2000 Rematch 3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Tom, my brother, and I decided to make a few runs yesterday late afternoon. I know my car pulls much ...

S2000 Rematch 3

Tom, my brother, and I decided to make a few runs yesterday late afternoon. I know my car pulls much harder in the cold so we decided to see by how much. It was in the mid 40s temperature which is cooler than what I tunned for however I figured it shouldn't make that much of a difference as long as I was not overboosting. We did 20, 40, and 60 runs to 100. The outcome is what really surprised me; I only pulled 1 car length the whole time no matter which mph we started at. I figured I would have pulled more than 2 car lengths since when we race at 60-70s temperature I usually get 2 car lengths easily. I use Tom's S2000 as a benchmark when I do mods and since I haven't done anything in that last 9 months I just wanted to see how things run. I'm very impressed with the N/A S2000 in the cold. I'm still trying to work out some knocks because when I reach redline in 3rd and switch to 4th I get knock again. Granted it was colder than I planned, plus I've added back timing since the "failed" dyno run ( another story ) in the knock area, I still had a good time. Tom also knows if we "street race" that I'd have him easily by a few car lengths because when I was stock I could easily put 1-2 car lengths off the line thus the same results would transpire so we never/hardly ever to 0 mph starts.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    2003 SRT-4

What are you doing with the stock turbo still on?

Yo

Well I've decided to NOT spend anymore money on my car. I'm trying to save up for a house; if I ever do decide on upgrading I'd get a STI instead of the Stage 3 and 4 packages.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph