Is this possible?

This is a discussion on Is this possible? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This past summer i met a local guy who has a black 03 WRX. His mods then were 18 inch ...

Is this possible?

This past summer i met a local guy who has a black 03 WRX. His mods then were 18 inch Nippon Racing rims, Greddy EVO cat back, turbo timer, and K&N Short Ram intake. We raced from a stop and a roll (me in my stock 04 WRX) and he only had me by about half a car each time if that....

So we move on to tonight, where i ran into the same guy at the gas station filling up. I walked over to say hi and asked if anything has changed under his hood since the summer. He added a blitz front mount and Vishnu Stage 0 ECU. He told me no problem he kills STis and EVOs! How is that possible? I asked if he ever had it at the track and his best 1/4 time is a 14.0!! Again I ask how to you beat an STi from both a stop and a roll? No offense but the STis power is right there all the time so even if the driver of the STi sucked beyond belief, if he was even on it, he should kill this kids WRX...right? Also, racing an EVO since they do lag much like a WRX, if he caught an EVO off boost he might have had the upper hand but only for a short time.

Where I am confused is how this kid was so cocky about his car saying he beats these cars all the time with no problem with those simple bolt ons. He told me his ECU map runs stock boost also! I know my WRX is stock, but honestly where does his power come from? He says he puts down 230 at the wheels, and 350 at the crank!

Please help me clear this up guys......thanks
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If he's really hitting 230 whp that only roughly gets him 285-290 at crank. Clearly, he's going for bling factor as fmic on stock turbo is kinda silly. I could go on, but to each their own. Unlikely he'd win against sti from stop or roll.
    02 wrx wagon
    Ecutek (rallispec tuned)
    vf30, sti injectors, walbro 255 fp
    Vishnu catback, pde up/dp
    aps d/r500 stealth black fmic
    aps pod intake
    cusco f/r sway bars, strut bars
    Prodrive springs
    Whiteline suspension bits
    Twr Racing 4pot bbk up front
    Twr Racing 2pot brakes in back
    max whp 326 (11/24/03)
    Cylinder #4: R.I.P 2/2004

With those mods, theres no way! He would be lucky to hit 200hp to the ground!
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    looks like you are having your first experience with a ricer!
    2003 SRT-4

your friend is a tool !!!!
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    looks like you are having your first experience with a ricer!
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

WRX
    Originally posted by slin02
    your friend is a tool !!!!
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Haha oh I know he is a ricer, and yep since he isnt my friend I can agree by calling him a tool as well. I enjoy people who BS especially to a fellow WRX owner! Hes a moron. 14.0 with around 5 grand invested is far from impressive and I wouldnt be braggining about that time. Even my friends who drive a Matrix and Civic said "wait a sec he only lost like 2/10ths off stock with all that???" Its pathetic. If i were him I would make up a better story....maybe tell people he smoked a stock Subaru Outback because thats more believeable.....any body in the Philadelphia area with a stock Forester XT want to race this kid?......ill buy you a tank of gas to watch you beat him...lol atleast they run 13s...
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.