Smoked an RSX with exhaust
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Smoked an RSX with exhaust within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i'm in st louis...saw a SWEEEET lookin silver RSX with what looked like 18's and exhaust...illinois plates...we raced 5 times ...

Smoked an RSX with exhaust

i'm in st louis...saw a SWEEEET lookin silver RSX with what looked like 18's and exhaust...illinois plates...we raced 5 times on 255 south heading towards Illinois..55 to 120...10 plus cars at least..i was a little disappointed that he didn't stay with me a bit better than that...i do have a TURBO XS full turbo back exhaust and Stage 2 Unichip along with an M2 Uppipe however..5 Speed..any similar encounters out there??? I'm curious how a stock RSX would do against a stock WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well that guy's gotta be disapointed with his automotive choice about now. Too bad.

"NOS...I need NOS. One, no, make that two. Big ones. And I need then by tonight."
    Prodrive Headlight Conversion
    STi Front Grill
    Turbochargers.com Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade - T28 Compressor
    The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel
    Wagons Are Cool Check Out My Baby Here!

With your mods, there was no way that the rsx could beat you.

Stock vs stock, the wrx would win, the rsx is a Fwd and does a 0-60 in about 6.2 sec. 1/4 mile in14.9 seconds.

Don't ever underestimate RSX Type-S. RSX Type-S will pull away from stock WRX on a highway race 70mph+ race

Originally posted by WRXreX
    Don't ever underestimate RSX Type-S. RSX Type-S will pull away from stock WRX on a highway race 70mph+ race
    WRONG!

I raced a RSX S from a roll from about 65-110, in third I pulled a car length and a half, shifted to fourth and held fast a shutdown at 110.

I was stock then. He had an intake (trademark AEM CAI whine) and aftermarket exhaust too.

(Our 3rd gear is noticeably stronger than an RSX S, 4th is a diff story, the RSX S will pull in 4th on us from 110 up for sure)
    2002 Blue WRX w/ Factory Body Kit

-UTEC TXS Tuned @17 PSI
    -Samco Hoses
    -MRT Catless Uppipe
    -BPM 3" Turbo Back Exhaust
    -Whiteline Front and Rear Strut Bar

239.9 AWHP 246.4 AWTQ
    Graphs here:
    http://community.webshots.com/album/70782887sLVXId

I agree, 4th (and 5th) are too tall, I haven't had many races go beyond 3rd (~90) but the very few CLOSE (keyword; CLOSE)races where I got to 4th, I would get passed like I was standing still...we need gear ratios like the sti 6 speed, err, rather, it would be nice to have the sti 6 speed tranny in our wrx's.
    2006 Porsche Cayman S

Originally posted by AmSFighter
    I agree, 4th (and 5th) are too tall, I haven't had many races go beyond 3rd (~90) but the very few CLOSE (keyword; CLOSE)races where I got to 4th, I would get passed like I was standing still...we need gear ratios like the sti 6 speed, err, rather, it would be nice to have the sti 6 speed tranny in our wrx's.
    Now we know why the STI and EVO all got the trick HD 6 spd.
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

According to C&D RSX Type-S reaches 100mph 0.2sec faster than WRX Stock WRX has very weak top-end power.

Sport Compact magazine timed 50-70mph 2.7 sec for both WRX and Type-S
    Last edited by WRXreX; 05-15-2002 at 08:20 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    pimpreza69,
    Is your TurboXS Turboback exhaust loud with the TurboXS muffler? I am thinking about buying the Stage 2 but need opinions first. Did you install everything yourself?
    Peace,
    Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

no way in hell an rsx-s can pull on you from 70. i've raced one with exhaust and i pulled 2~3 cars on him in 4th. i can do the same to my friend's rsx-s constantly. its no joke what i do to that car stock. learn how to drive!

Our 4th gear sucks, we all know it is really long. RSX-S will pull after 80, no doubt about that. I think you might have raced a base RSX if you killed it that easily. RSX-S has better gearing towards the top end.

I dont know about you guys but I have raced about 3 RSX-S's from dead stop and around 70 miles an hour. All I gotta say is, they all had to sqint really hard to see my tail lights. All I got is a turboxs mbc set at 0.9bar(1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear) and 1 bar 4th and 5th gear. My 4th gear pulls the hardest all the way to 5th gear. I feel my WRX has excellent top end. I have even raced a WS6 all the way up to 130 mph and my car was on his ass tailgating him all they way. So I dont understand why people keep on saying WRX's have weak top end. WRX's got bad ass top end. Does anybody agree with me?

it was a type-s. i dont waste my time with the base models son

i agree with u greddy. i dont know why we're not experiencing what everyone else. i took my friends greddy turbo civic on the freeway in fourth. he couldn't even hang with me for a second....i even had 3 other people in my car! i really dont know why people seem to have high speed problems. i never had someone ( a decent opponent) catch up to me on the high end

Originally posted by mista618
    no way in hell an rsx-s can pull on you from 70. i've raced one with exhaust and i pulled 2~3 cars on him in 4th. i can do the same to my friend's rsx-s constantly. its no joke what i do to that car stock. learn how to drive!
    ya mista, this is true, your story sounds just like mine. an rsx -s is slower in every gear except maybe 5th.
    2002 Blue WRX w/ Factory Body Kit

-UTEC TXS Tuned @17 PSI
    -Samco Hoses
    -MRT Catless Uppipe
    -BPM 3" Turbo Back Exhaust
    -Whiteline Front and Rear Strut Bar

239.9 AWHP 246.4 AWTQ
    Graphs here:
    http://community.webshots.com/album/70782887sLVXId

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.