Smoked an RSX with exhaust - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Smoked an RSX with exhaust within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hell yes! those times are crap... i have never lost to one of those on the freeway stock and i ...

hell yes! those times are crap... i have never lost to one of those on the freeway stock and i dont plan on it. seriously, i dont get some of those magazine stats sometimes... they all vary too much. wrx have 0-60 from 6.4~ 5.4. rsx-s have anywhere from 7.2~6.1. it really dont matter about those times, its how YOU drive YOUR car... forget what magazines say

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

WRX vs RSX

When I was looking to buy my WRX, I looked at the RSX. I bought the WRX based purely on styling ( I like that E.T. cute ).

Well, when it came time for my friend to buy a new car, he went and looked at both also. I lef him drive for the day and found heim to be a competent driver (found out later he use to street race in FL). Well when he test drove the RSX, he agreed that the car was quick, but we had to find out which was quicker STOCK.

We got the dealer to take us on a back road where we could really put it down. I was in my car, and he was in the RSX ... I beat him badly. Next we switched and again, the WRX won. On the way back, the dealer drove the RSX and we both drove em like we stole em, and the RSX kept up real wellt through the gears, but the WRX still had it beat.

Since then, I've gone out of my way to track down Acuras and Hondas, just to show 'em the made a mistake. When I was stock, I had my pick of who I wanted to beat at the track most of the time, and all those same people wanted to race on the street 0 - 100 worse. Over 100, the RSX can do some damage, so don't let them fool you into a win, they are geared better in that area, but if you got 'em beat at that point, never let 'em catch up .

Warning: MotorMatrix owes ClubWRX.net Advertisement Fees and refuses to pay. Do not buy ANYTHING from MotorMatrix or SubaruPower.com!
    i wouldnt underestimate an RSX. My friend has one that runs 13.6 on NOS. Now thats with a 2.1 60 ft time. Mathematically, if he was to run a 1.8 60ft like we do, that would put him at 13.0. Ive run him on the highway and at about 90-100 he starts to pass me easily. the car will pull up to 160 for sure. yes he has NOS but only a 40 shot. The car is faster believe it or not with stock exhaust. he picked up 2 tenths with stock muffler and test pipe to remove the cat. dont get me wrong, i love my wrx and wouldnt trade it for an RSX if it was given to me. But dont underestimate it!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.