Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution WRC04 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution WRC04 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Mikko I believe the fifth and sixth were called the "Mitsubishi Carisma Evolution". I don't know what ...

Originally posted by Mikko
    I believe the fifth and sixth were called the "Mitsubishi Carisma Evolution". I don't know what the Carisma was though, just one of their smaller sedans.

The Carisma was a Hatch back version of the Lancer that was sold accross Europe.
    The Carisma rally car was a Lancer with carisma writen down the side. It wasnt even a hatch back. It was purely for branding.

Burns drove a carisma while Makinen drove the Lancer

HAPPYASIAN: read your post again??? You said:

you do realize that its a lancer not an evo...??? (sarcasim?)

Its not a lancer...
    * 1:18.47 Manfield * 11.81 @ 114.7mph *
    ----
    Tuned by
    SPEEDTECH
    ----
    PICS<---->VIDS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

im saying...

this car is a lancer (the description says so...)

and that this car is not an evo (like most mitsus wrc cars)
    '04 PSM STi - modded (sr50+the works)
    '05 JGM RSX Type-S - stock

Originally posted by happasaiyan
    im saying...

this car is a lancer (the description says so...)

and that this car is not an evo (like most mitsus wrc cars)
    Sorry you are dead right.

Upon more investigation, it would appear that MMC Japan have dropped the Cedia from their range, and are officially calling it the Lancer again... Global market or something. Apparently Nissan have done it too, so that all the Japan base models will be recognised in all other parts of the world...

Sorry again. I thought you were being sarcastic, cause I have heard the "its a Lancer, No its an EVO" thing a bit, thought you were "takin the piss"

Still dont like it though... That rear wing is a bit "tack on ish"
    * 1:18.47 Manfield * 11.81 @ 114.7mph *
    ----
    Tuned by
    SPEEDTECH
    ----
    PICS<---->VIDS

Old one was much better, this looks like a piece of junk, mitsubishi has just gone down hill since the evo 7, the 8 is alright but this wrc car is crap. And I notice the same thing with subaru, atleast in their concept cars, if they start making those things into production cars both subaru and mitsubishi will be only memories of the great years of rallying.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

car looks really bad. i have commented on it before. headlights look really busted and so does the wing. but its not about looks its about getting the rallies won. we'll see if it can do that come january.

btw, i think its funny that the car looks like a hot wheels car cuz its sponsored by hot wheels (irony).
    1967 Camaro
    2002 WRX SOLD

Originally posted by WRXJIM
    Sorry you are dead right.

Upon more investigation, it would appear that MMC Japan have dropped the Cedia from their range, and are officially calling it the Lancer again... Global market or something. Apparently Nissan have done it too, so that all the Japan base models will be recognised in all other parts of the world...

Sorry again. I thought you were being sarcastic, cause I have heard the "its a Lancer, No its an EVO" thing a bit, thought you were "takin the piss"

Still dont like it though... That rear wing is a bit "tack on ish"
    dont worry about it...just a little confusing, thats all...

...and yeah...i think its hideous.
    '04 PSM STi - modded (sr50+the works)
    '05 JGM RSX Type-S - stock

I Support ClubWRX
    Jeez...talk about closed-mindedness. Have you ever thought that about the fact that this car was designed with one thing in mind? The WRC. Wait and see how it does. I reckon it will 0wn.
    2010 SSM STI

Remember what folks said about the 2003 Subaru WRC's cheesegrater wing? And after Monte Carlo, every other team was sporting one. The rally cars of the 80s were some of the most wild looking creations ever, but they were all design studies in aerodynamics and cooling to allow those 450+ horses to get to the ground and to keep aerodynamic bricks-on-wheels from doing crazy stuff while airborne. Don't judge a car by appearance, because none of the Group B cars looked fast at all, but they were.

chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    i agree with fengshui, even though it may not be visually appealing, i think that it is anything but rice, because it was designed with racing in mind. with that said i do like the front, the back not so much...I also do not like the weird tear drop shaped wheel wells...?

The 04 Subaru WRC looks better IMHO, not as wild. More reserved and completely functional and capable.
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.