Is Volkswagen GTI 1.8T any good for performance? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Is Volkswagen GTI 1.8T any good for performance? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Griswold Um. He ain't in the 12's on the stock turbo. No way, no how. yeah thats ...

Originally posted by Griswold
    Um. He ain't in the 12's on the stock turbo. No way, no how.
    yeah thats like sayin wrx's can go 12's on stock turbo. A K03 is way way way too small to get them to 12's

And the APR kit doesnt use a K04, see the K04 is marginally better, as its found on the 1.8T audi TT, (220hp) im pretty sure the APR kit is around 300 hp
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    yeah thats like sayin wrx's can go 12's on stock turbo.
    But, wrx's can hit the 12's on the stock turbo.. Their traps arent all that impressive, but 12's is 12's right? Search on NASIOC....
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    A kid I know has a yellow 20th anniversary GTI (beautiful car) I beat him from a roll both times we went at it! Both of us are stock, started @ 25mph in 2nd up to 1/4 mile and was about 4 cars on him.
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

Originally posted by jigga
    But, wrx's can hit the 12's on the stock turbo.. Their traps arent all that impressive, but 12's is 12's right? Search on NASIOC....
    True
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    yeah thats like sayin wrx's can go 12's on stock turbo. A K03 is way way way too small to get them to 12's

And the APR kit doesnt use a K04, see the K04 is marginally better, as its found on the 1.8T audi TT, (220hp) im pretty sure the APR kit is around 300 hp
    The APR kit uses a GT25.

The K04 is better than a regular K03 (which is what the 1.8t had when it firat came out), but not much better than a K03 SPORT (which is what they have now).
    The GT25 is better than the K03, K03 Sport, AND the K04.

And the only way a 1.8t is hitting 12s on the stock turbo is with nitrous. So whoever said it was possible, maybe they were forgetting the spray factor.
    '04 Platinum Silver Wagon, 5MT
    RIP '00 Integra

my room mate has a 00 gti 1.8t and he has the giac chip and GHL 3" cat back and he can keep up with me from a roll pretty good. i have a 02 wrx with uppipe and turbo back. but as far as the engine it self goes very stong can be run safely up to about 400 wheel on stock bottom end. APR is kinda weak in my opinion good power but crazy expensive the stage 3 is like $ 6 large installed and you dont get anything that special there are a number of other companies comming out with there own kits with that much power if not more and for half that price. I i would probably drive one myself if they were not front wheel drive . the torque those little 1800 make is nuts

There is a guy around here that works at a VW shop that has a 320 whp GTi that can take an STi... since he works for VW he gets a lot of parts for cheap. I just dont know what he has done to it though. I think a Stage 3 or something.
    Nothing worse than a Mustang driver's ego. ( I very much dislike Mustangs )

20th aniv. GTI quicker than I thought from a roll

Yesterday I was on the turnpike and a yellow 20th anniversary was behind me. He was just following me at about 80 for a while, then he got up next to me when there was no traffic and hit it. I downwhifted to 4th and he was even with me all the way to redline, I MAY have pulled half car. After I hit 5th I pulled about 6 car lenghts by the time I was around 135. At least he wasn't close by that point, but I was somewhat disturbed I didn't walk him in 4th since I have the TXS stage 2.
    2007 Space Grey w/ Coral BMW 335 Coupe

2002 Blue WRX 5 speed SOLD

1987 Grand National - sold
    -12.01@113

funny this thread came up, me and my buddy in his blue anniversary gti were going up in northern mass thru the windy roads and man he was whipping the car around it was nuts.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

The gti is a great car to tune my friend has 1 its great
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.