3 Encounters
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 3 Encounters within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was driving to meet some girl for dinner and a movie. I driving along and I suddenly see a ...

3 Encounters

I was driving to meet some girl for dinner and a movie. I driving along and I suddenly see a black Porsche 911 behind me. It was the previous body style and he was gunning it through the corners w/ me ... I was like cool. Well I was debating if I should race him but decided against a launch since I have NEW RE730s ... . Well I come to a light and I see him coming up behind me so I pull into the left lane so the Prosche would have the first car in the right lane. We both just sit a the light and I didn't rev or anything. I was hoping he'd go from a roll ... trying to save tire yet again. Light turns green and we both accelerate as normal however I'm listening to his engine to wait for the shift but he does shifter thus I assumed he was going because I was already a 5K and I assume people don't usually drive under normal circumstances at 5K. I gun it in 1st and he was with me for about a second through first then I switch to 2nd and he was still w/ me by a little less now but halfway through second I pulled on him. I shift into 3rd and he's 1 car behind me. I look over at him when he finally pasted me but he didn't look back ... I was about to give him a nod in a friendly way but he never look over.

The girl and I are diving to the movie later and I was talking about "rice boys" and I pointed one out to her. I pull up to the "rice boy" and I look over ... typical Asian punk looking kid w/ his seat layed WAY back in his Civic SI and his girl in the passenger seat. He looks over and I slow pass him at my constant 70mph. I'm about 1 car ahead and I hear him downshift. I was like whatever however he finally catches up to me a little later and so he's next to me again. I looked over at my passenger and said "This is what happens to a rice boy." I drop it to 3rd and dumped it and my car goes as usual. I shift into 4th after redlining 3rd and let the engine break since I'm look 100mph+. She's stated "Umm ... where did they go?" I was like "Hehe ... they're that little blue car like 10 cars BEHIND use in the left lane." I wasn't 10 cars literally but it was funny. I was like "I'm slowing down now because I don't usually drive 100mph" she was like "Wow that was 100mph but you were just at 70mph ... cool" and I just smile.

So after movie, her place, and I'm tried so I left around 11:30am. I'm driving on a local road and I see these 2 sets of headights following me. I'm doing my typical 35 in a 30mph zone. I make a right onto the on ramp and drive as normal. Suddnely the 1st car ( older 240 ) behind me dumps it and flies past me in the emergency lane? I'm like umm whatever ... but then the 2nd car ( old 280 ) flies past me also in the emergency lane? I just start to laugh ... I wasn't in the mood to do anything ... WEIRD? I guess since I had drinks earlier I didn't wanna try anything stupid. It was ammusing though.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hehehe, nice kills! So how did the date go?
    2006 Porsche Cayman S

Yo

To clear things up ... it just casually going out ... not a "date" . I'm just "Sampling from the buffet before ordering from the main menu." I would mind going aganist a new 911TT ... I'm sure I'd get beat but by how much?
    2004 STI White/Gold

I raced my friend's 911TT ( MY96 ) and he got me by at least 5 cars length and he said he wasn't trying hard( or he can't drive) , but that is before I got the DP and FP turbo. you should give it a shot, 911 is an amazing machine.

ps: dXmn wish I don't have a girlfriend sometimes, sampling is fun.
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

Originally posted by slin02
    I raced my friend's 911TT ( MY96 ) and he got me by at least 5 cars length and he said he wasn't trying hard( or he can't drive) , but that is before I got the DP and FP turbo. you should give it a shot, 911 is an amazing machine.

Well, you know how much Asian people love to EAT?!?!?!

Well ...

You know the joke about Asian people ... we're so bored that the only things back in the main land that we could do is come up w/ new ways to cook and fu**.
    2004 STI White/Gold

Thumbs up Re: Well ...

Originally posted by chuglobal
    You know the joke about Asian people ... we're so bored that the only things back in the main land that we could do is come up w/ new ways to cook and fu**.
    Fast car, good food, good wine and a great lay worth a million bucks. hahaha
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

Yo

I have experienced the last of the list but I'll let everyone know when I do.
    2004 STI White/Gold

Re: Yo

Originally posted by chuglobal
    I have experienced the last of the list but I'll let everyone know when I do.
    HUHWHAT?!?! I guess you meant haven't. Richard, you have to proof-read your posts man. Even the starter of this thread is riddled with typos and grammatical errors. It makes it hard to read and detracts from a great story. If you feel like fixing it, there's always the EDIT button.

BTW, nice kill and good call on not bothering with those stupid Nissans. You gotta choice your battles wisely.

I love reading your stories, chu, keep representin' !!!!

-Jim

Yeah...just keep yer eye out for a beat up white 240. Dropped a SR20DET and modded to all hell. (low 11 sec 1/4's!). Talk about sleeper, it used to be dual color from different body panels before he got it painted. He actually beat Tedwrx (pe1820, blitz fmic, etc...) by 2.5 car lengths @~130mph
    Last edited by AmSFighter; 05-13-2002 at 01:23 PM.
    2006 Porsche Cayman S

Re: Re: Yo

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX

HUHWHAT?!?! I guess you meant haven't. Richard, you have to proof-read your posts man. Even the starter of this thread is riddled with typos and grammatical errors. It makes it hard to read and detracts from a great story. If you feel like fixing it, there's always the EDIT button.

BTW, nice kill and good call on not bothering with those stupid Nissans. You gotta choice your battles wisely.

I love reading your stories, chu, keep representin' !!!!

-Jim
    Amen. C'mon Richard, you are a Georgia Tech graduate and you leave out words and mispell words making it hard to read your posts. Please proofread them. Thanks.
    '03 STi killer

Originally posted by AmSFighter
    Yeah...just keep yer eye out for a beat up white 240. Dropped a SR20DET and modded to all hell. (low 11 sec 1/4's!). Talk about sleeper, it used to be dual color from different body panels before he got it painted. He actually beat Tedwrx (pe1820, blitz fmic, etc...) by 2.5 car lengths @~130mph
    Do you know this guy? There are 4 SR20DET's that I know of around Atl. I met a guy with a red 240 w/ the SR20DET and he ran at SDR this weekend but was embarassed to tell his time. All he said was that he had 116-118 trap speeds but 2.5-2.6 60 ft times. I'm guessing he was somewhere in the 13s. He is going back next time with Mickey Thompsons so with those trap speeds 11s are possible if he can hook up.

BTW, Ted has the PE1818 like you, not the PE1820. He has the same unichip map as God. Hopefully, I will get my turbo around the same time you get your injectors/fp and we can have an install fest and then go see who's the baddest blue rex in Atl.
    '03 STi killer

Ryan-yeah, there's a dude up in buford, I think his name is Marshall or something. He apprently whoops up on z06's, bpu+++ supra's, etc... He has the s13 silvia conversion on his car also. He said he ran against Nick (Justin's friend, MPaone was there also that night) and beat him pretty badly.

I am so damn desperate to find injectors and fp. I think I might just pick up the sti set that Lisa has at troncalli and order a walbro from my uncle. Only if I knew someone in Japan so I could avoid the middleperson/vendor markup shiat...

I talked with Mark at txs today and he said that he gives out "generic pe1818" maps for people who haven't been on the dyno or who can't provide afr, timing, injector duty, etc...etc... readouts. I was thinking that we should ask Si2WRX to borrow his delta dash to get some readings so that we can send them off to txs to squeeze some more power out w/o spending hundreds on the dyno tuning.

-James-
    Last edited by AmSFighter; 05-13-2002 at 02:47 PM.
    2006 Porsche Cayman S

Originally posted by slin02

Yeah, the '96 turbo was even faster than the new awd turbo...the older one was good for 0-60 in 3.6 seconds stock. My old porsche Mechanic had one and I used to run against him with my 450rwhp TTZ..I would be about 1 car length behind at 60 and then reel him by at about 80 and just walk away...good times.

Yo

How did you know I graduated from GT? I get too excited sometimes when telling stories and so I don't proof read.
    2004 STI White/Gold

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.