My first RX8 kill - over and over again
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on My first RX8 kill - over and over again within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I know my STi is faster than an RX8 but it was still great beating up on one. I've been ...

My first RX8 kill - over and over again

I know my STi is faster than an RX8 but it was still great beating up on one. I've been wanting to race one.

I was cruising along and and ran into an RX8. The car had a small rear wing and looked nice. Well the guy was driving real aggressive. The guy in the RX8 cut in front of me and floored it, basically showing off. Then I went to turn into the right hand turn lane and he darts over and gets in front of me at the light. I was pissed off. So I decided to waste him when the light turned green.
    The light turns green and he nails it. I nail it and I'm right behind him. He moves over into the right lane and gives me the middle lane. I walk by him and pull away hard. I get about 3-4 cars in front of him by 70mph and let off. Then we both get caught at the next light and line up side by side. The light turns green and he nails it and I follow. I again blast by him in 2nd gear and pull about 3-4 cars by 70mph and let off. Then we get caught at the next light. I thought to myself enough is enough but what the heck. If he wants to race again I'll give it to him. The light turns green and we both leave the line real slow. I figured the racing is all over. And then he nails it going about 20mph. I nail it and quickly reel him in and blast by him for a third time. I pull about 3-4 cars on him and let off.
    After getting beat 3 races in a row. The guy was still was trying to impress me. He would downshift and punch it for about 2 seconds and then let off. Just to show me how impressive his RX8 is? I just ignore him and went on my way home.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Did it occur to you that maybe he just wanted to see you nail it. Because he knew his car was inferior to your but just wanted to see an STI in action. I get pissed lots of times cause I see alot of old bums driving EVO's in my area that have never nailed it once. I would really like to see one go every now and then.

Hahaha I saw a black rx8 several weeks ago on a fairly empty stretch of roads. I was gonna mess with him but I decided to be nice and not race unless provoked Nothing happened cause the guy was cruisin with his buddy at like 35 mph while I was doing 45. Oh well.

Btw did it seem like that rx8 you raced launched at 8k rpms or so? Or did it sound more like a 4k launch?

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    dont those things have like 170whp and 120wtq? lol
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by v8killa
    Did it occur to you that maybe he just wanted to see you nail it. Because he knew his car was inferior to your but just wanted to see an STI in action. I get pissed lots of times cause I see alot of old bums driving EVO's in my area that have never nailed it once. I would really like to see one go every now and then.
    But I totally smoked the guy 3 times and he was still driving agressively next to me.
    And if you were there he definately didn't think his car was inferior. He thought the opposite. The guy was about a cocky as the come. He thought he was all that and a bag of chips. Even after beating him 3 times he was an ass.

WOW.Please don't sell your car to anyone on this board when you decide to get rid of it. Your cars must be toast when you trade them in for a new one.

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    But I totally smoked the guy 3 times and he was still driving agressively next to me.
    And if you were there he definately didn't think his car was inferior. He thought the opposite. The guy was about a cocky as the come. He thought he was all that and a bag of chips. Even after beating him 3 times he was an ass.
    What kind of chips?

Originally posted by TurnWRX
    Hahaha I saw a black rx8 several weeks ago on a fairly empty stretch of roads. I was gonna mess with him but I decided to be nice and not race unless provoked Nothing happened cause the guy was cruisin with his buddy at like 35 mph while I was doing 45. Oh well.

Btw did it seem like that rx8 you raced launched at 8k rpms or so? Or did it sound more like a 4k launch?

I don't know. I could hear his car revving up but just barely. My STi with it's catless exhaust is a little loud. I'm sure he got an ear full of my car as I blasted by him. Once I nail the gas in my STi, thats all I can hear.
    Each race I let him get the jump. I would just wait for him to nail it and then quickly slip out the clutch and chase him down. I never did a real launch. He was able to stay in front of me until about the middle of 2nd gear. Thats when I blasted by him. He would give up as soon as I got a few cars in front of him. We basically repeated this 3 stop lights in a row.
    The guy never once looked over at me. He just stared forward with a mean face. Not a good sport at all.

Originally posted by Drod
    WOW.Please don't sell your car to anyone on this board when you decide to get rid of it. Your cars must be toast when you trade them in for a new one.
    First off I drive pretty mellow 95% of the time. But if someone wants to race, I'm going for it. I didn't buy a $32,000 high performance car to drive it like a old lady.

I drive my car the way it was ment to be driven. There are guys in here that race their cars at the track every weekend. I hate it when people go out an buy Vettes, Cobras, STi, etc and just stare at them in their garage. They never drive them fast or take them to the track. They are afraid to run the car to red line or launch the car off the line. Why buy a fast car if you aren't going to drive it fast. They should just buy a poster of the car and put it on the wall in their garage. That would save them some money.

First off I drive pretty mellow 95% of the time. But if someone wants to race, I'm going for it. I didn't buy a $32,000 high performance car to drive it like a old lady.

I drive my car the way it was ment to be driven. There are guys in here that race their cars at the track every weekend. I hate it when people go out an buy Vettes, Cobras, STi, etc and just stare at them in their garage. They never drive them fast or take them to the track. They are afraid to run the car to red line or launch the car off the line. Why buy a fast car if you aren't going to drive it fast. They should just buy a poster of the car and put it on the wall in their garage. That would save them some money.
    AMEN
    2003 SRT-4

I am not trying to bust you balls, but you beat the guy ones what do you get out of smoking him 2 more times. Fifteen months ago an idiot racing down a croweded avenue jumped the median and T-boned my wife. At the time she was pregnant with twins. Today I have one healthy beautiful 17-month old girl and my wife will never be able to have kids again. The guy who did this to us skipped town and is now wanted by the law and my Glock 40.
    Last edited by Drod; 11-26-2003 at 03:41 PM.

My STi with it's catless exhaust is a little loud.

What? The greddy evo isn't even that loud even without cats

j/k

I am not trying to bust you balls, but you beat the guy ones what do you get out of smoking him 2 more times. Fifteen months ago an idiot racing down a crowed avenue jumped the median and T-boned my wife. At the time she was pregnant with twins. Today I have one healthy beautiful 17-month old girl and my wife will never be able to have kids again. The guy who did this to us skipped town and is now wanted by the law and my Glock 40.

2003 SRT-4

Pker,

You would be a little crazy to if you saw your wife laid out in bed for 7 mos and taking all kinds of meds to prevent her from loosing the surviving fetus. Also you would go insane when the doctors delivered my healthy girl and then they had to go in and get the dead one. You want to haul ass in the street, then you better be able to pay the price and not run like a *****.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast