My first RX8 kill - over and over again - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on My first RX8 kill - over and over again within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Great kill. I truly don't think he was being "cocky" by driving aggressive after you absolutely spanked him. Most people ...

Thumbs up

Great kill.

I truly don't think he was being "cocky" by driving aggressive after you absolutely spanked him. Most people would hang back with their tail between their legs if their confidence was destroyed.

I'm pretty sure he was just enjoying his car despite the loss.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    AMEN
    Ditto. I get too many people wanting to race me just for having an STi. Sometimes, I AM just going to the Wendy's drive-thru and don't want the Mustang to sit outside in the parking lot of the shopping center revving its engine and waiting for me while his buddy in the Expedition sits NEXT to me at the drive-thru and revs his engine...sorry for the rant.

I get lots of jerks who want to show me their new toy is better than my STi when I'm actually trying to go somewhere and don't need them in the way.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Originally posted by Drod
    I am not trying to bust you balls, but you beat the guy ones what do you get out of smoking him 2 more times. Fifteen months ago an idiot racing down a croweded avenue jumped the median and T-boned my wife. At the time she was pregnant with twins. Today I have one healthy beautiful 17-month old girl and my wife will never be able to have kids again. The guy who did this to us skipped town and is now wanted by the law and my Glock 40.

What does this have to do with me? I'm sorry for you loss, but it has nothing to do with me racing this guy in an RX8.

I raced on totally empty street with not one car in front of me. The road we race on has 6 lanes and a speed limit of 50mph. It has 3 lanes on either side with a median of about 5O feet with grass and trees in the middle. I reached a top speed of about 70mph on this 6 lane divided freeway.
    I drive this same road everyday going to work. At about 8am in the morning, the average driver is doing at least 65-75mph.

So I don't see how getting my STi up to 70mph endangered anyone. I didn't even endanger myself.

haha i was going to buy an rx8 because its nice looking...dodged a real bullet there

RX8's are nice looking and all, but they just don't cut it against today's cars. Sad to say, Mazda went the wrong direction with these cars in terms of trying to create a predecessor to the legendary FD3S.

They have a decent amount of HP but no torque at all. Basically a 4 seater, rotary s2000 (actually, I shouldn't even compare to an s2k).
    --Justin

Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

yea i went to test drive the 8 and it had to pull up until 7k...they handle pretty nicely but i don't feel like they fit any niche besides a cute girls car. The speed 3 is some serious **** though(aside from the front wheel drive). Meh

I dont mean to down on your kill or anything, I'm sure you left that guy thoroughly satisfied that his RX-8 will never be able to touch an sti but why even post about it? I mean the first thing I thought when I saw the title of this thread was, "he damn well better have beat an RX-8." Everyone knows that the only reason anyone buys that car is for the looks and to impress females. I mean **** I'll admit it, the RX-8 is one sexy ass car. It's the panty dropper of sports coupes, but it has absolutely no bite to back up its bark. I mean the car barely has enough torque to even get the measley 170-210 hp(depending on trim) moving. You might as well have bragged about the time you left that prius a mile behind because even an RX-8 with several thousands of dollars in performance parts isnt gonna be able to touch an sti. Most capable drivers can launch their STI 0-60 in 4.5-5 seconds stock, while a stock RX 8 is lucky to do a 7-9 second 0-60. Besides the looks and the smooth mazda transmission the car has nothing a toyota corrolla couldnt keep up with.

I beat an RX8 with my 02 which had bad clutch. Was on my way to the new clutch put in.
    When you do things right people wont be sure you've done anything at all.

Crabcakes and football thats what Maryland does.

I Support ClubWRX
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

I Support ClubWRX
    A 6 year bump with no new relevant info...closed.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.