Stage 1 SRT-4 vs. Irratic Stage 4 WRX
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stage 1 SRT-4 vs. Irratic Stage 4 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Please read this disclaimer first: My car is running a highly strung tune from the summer and this cold weather ...

Stage 1 SRT-4 vs. Irratic Stage 4 WRX

Please read this disclaimer first:

My car is running a highly strung tune from the summer and this cold weather is not helping my utec out. I cannot go full throttle, I have to feather it in order for it not to detonate and pull back timing.

I saw the same srt-4 that I posted about before. I raced him about 2mths ago and from 2nd gear placed about 5 cars on him before 100mph.
    Now I see him tonight and he states " I just got the stage 1 for my car". I know what that is being and avid srt-forums reader and want to see what it can do now. Now I know my car is not running well and that this will put me at a disadvantage but I go for it anyways. We go to a safer area to run and from a second gear roll we do the 3 honk thing. I immediately pull on him in second just like I did in the first race and Im out to a 1-2 car lead and then I shift to third. Now bear in mind that I do not "bang" gears in my car, I shift very nicely :-) so Dammit I miss third, now I could break and start over but I say fuggit. So w/my miss shift he catches up and is now even w/me by the time I place it in 3rd. Now in 3rd Im about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle trying to feather it but its detonating all the way through almost and into 4th the same. I still however managed to keep a 1/2 car lead until 120mph. I look over and tell him that I missed 3rd and he said that he heard, I give him props on his top end and I dont even mention the fact that my map is fcuked and my car keeps detonating. I just let him keep his smile that he now wears because he thought he kept up with me. Now I will admit that it was fast and that It was definatly and improvement but now I fear that he thinks he can keep up when in fact if I didnt miss 3rd it would have been a 4 car affair again.
    I however understand that I took on the race and a win is a win and loss is a loss. If you race then you take on the responsibilty of the outcome. Damn those srt's are quick......Well see what happens when I get my 20g or pe1820 and my fmic...I wonder what an srt will have to get to win then?......
    Sorry about the long post..Im just venting.....
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good run. So when I get a UTEC for my car is it going to run ****ty?
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

Originally posted by THE ONE
    Good run. So when I get a UTEC for my car is it going to run ****ty?
    i think since his UTEC is tuned aggressively then the weather is causing it to run wrong.

anyways, nice kill. just wait until summer comes back around!
    2002 Subaru Impreza Wrx Sedan

NO .. absolutely not...You just have to tune it to the weather. I need to get the map selector so that I can switch maps. Weather effects it greatly....Hot vs cold.....
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

Re: Stage 1 SRT-4 vs. Irratic Stage 4 WRX

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    I wonder what an srt will have to get to win then?......
    Bolt-ons from a roll

Bolt-ons + tires + good driver from a stop

I'm pretty sure someone will dip into the 11s on stock turbo, no nitrous. It's just a matter of time.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

13secwrx, nice kill bro!

Mopar is going to release it's stage 2 package soon (rumor says within a month) and it will bring the car up to 280hp/300tq on the stock turbo. I have no idea what you put down to the wheels, but a Stage 2 SRT-4 might give you a run.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

You mean give me a run now...Not w/my new setup. Im looking fro 320-350whp w/a good tune w/my new setup. My friend has my turbo w/some gt spec 2 headers and txs fmic and he threw down 312whp. So im looking for more w/the bigger turbo. What is the stage 2 going to consist of ?
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

NO .. absolutely not...You just have to tune it to the weather. I need to get the map selector so that I can switch maps. Weather effects it greatly....Hot vs cold.....
    Too true, time to get this bud.
    02 WRX Wagon Silver SOLD
    03 Cobra Satin Silver, twin screwed, cammed, ported, nasty

You mean give me a run now...Not w/my new setup. Im looking fro 320-350whp w/a good tune w/my new setup. My friend has my turbo w/some gt spec 2 headers and txs fmic and he threw down 312whp. So im looking for more w/the bigger turbo. What is the stage 2 going to consist of ?
    Stage 2 will consist of:

-Stage 2 PCM
    -682 cc/min fuel injectors
    -Wastegate Actuator
    -3 Bar MAP
    -3 bar TIP
    -Dial-a-boost (w/race gas switch)
    -IC sprayer
    -2.5" Mopar cat-back exhaust (optional)

Originally posted by drizze99
    Stage 2 will consist of:

-Stage 2 PCM
    -682 cc/min fuel injectors
    -Wastegate Actuator
    -3 Bar MAP
    -3 bar TIP
    -Dial-a-boost (w/race gas switch)
    -IC sprayer
    -2.5" Mopar cat-back exhaust (optional)
    In other words, still stock turbo

The PVO engineer who is designing/testing the Stage upgrade kits, Ethan Bayer, hangs out on our board and posts updates as they come around. Last he posted "The Stage 2 Turbo Kits for the SRT-4 and PT Turbo give you a power boost of 265hp and 280ft-lbs. of torque on premium pump gas. For SRT-4, you can also achieve 280hp and 300ft-lbs. of torque on 100+ octane unleaded racing fuel. " The kit includes "Turbo Toys", a series of switchs (much like the pic above) with:

>Race Gas switch for 91+ or 100+ oct
    >Dial-A-Boost to turn the boost down for bad weather or non-race times, or back to max whenever you feel like it.
    and the IC Sprayer Control. Three positions for Off, On, and Auto, which reads the sensors and sprays based on the readings.

Stage 2 needs an aftermarket cat-back exhaust, the Mopar/Borla built 2.5" catback is what the kit is designed for. The kit should cost between 1000-1500, plus the cost of the exhaust (<$400 for the Mopar)
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but why don't you think a Stage 2 SRT-4 could give you a run if a Stage 1 is keeping the race within 4 cars?

Seems like Stage 2 would do just fine. Like I said, maybe I misunderstood what you were getting at.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

No I think he's still confused about what these cars are capable of.

There are barely any WRX's in the 11s without nitrous. Most with SR40s, PE1820s, 18Gs, 20Gs, etc are only running low 12s at 110-113mph with very good launches.

Psi-Fi motorsports already ran a best of 12.3 and a best mph of 113 with bolt-ons on stock turbo/no nitrous Again, as time progresses and when more is available you will see SRT-4s dipping into the 11s on stock turbo with the right tire.
    Last edited by Shaitiger; 11-26-2003 at 12:16 PM.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

I was under the misunderstanding that our cars would run better in colder weather. Is it because moe O2 is injested compared to fual causing detonation?

ah hem. I meant more O2

Originally posted by ttownrex
    I was under the misunderstanding that our cars would run better in colder weather. Is it because moe O2 is injested compared to fual causing detonation?
    He is running a UTEC (piggyback) with a custom map on it. If your car is still stock or atleast the ECU is still stock, you'll be fine and the car will run stronger in the cold.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.