Stage 1 SRT-4 vs. Irratic Stage 4 WRX - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stage 1 SRT-4 vs. Irratic Stage 4 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by ttownrex I was under the misunderstanding that our cars would run better in colder weather. Is it ...

Originally posted by ttownrex
    I was under the misunderstanding that our cars would run better in colder weather. Is it because moe O2 is injested compared to fual causing detonation?
    As has been mentioned, it is because of his UTEC setup... Those who have ECUtek reflashes have no such problems, since the ECU makes the cold weather adjustments to it's own map on its own...

Our cars DO run better in the cold, but when you have a highly tuned map on an ecu system that does not automatically account for weather variables, you are gonna have problems when the weather swings....
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

my utec is also going crazy with cold weather. It has been pulling timing at higher RPMs.
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

Yeah those SRT-4 are crazy fast.

Drizze: I read the article you have linked in your sig, good stuff I have even more respect for the car now.
    (still can't bring myself to actually want one though sorry)

Originally posted by PKer
    Yeah those SRT-4 are crazy fast.

Drizze: I read the article you have linked in your sig, good stuff I have even more respect for the car now.
    (still can't bring myself to actually want one though sorry)
    Stick with the WRX, it's an excellent car. And besides,if we all had the same car, how boring would that be?
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

Originally posted by ebbtide
    Stick with the WRX, it's an excellent car. And besides,if we all had the same car, how boring would that be?
    Exactly, I'm very blessed to have such a variety .

PS. The UTEC sucks in regards to weather changes. I'm seriously thinking of going with a reflash.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Originally posted by Shaitiger
    Exactly, I'm very blessed to have such a variety .

PS. The UTEC sucks in regards to weather changes. I'm seriously thinking of going with a reflash.
    Shaitiger, doesn't the UTEC hold 3 different maps?

PKer, that's OK. The WRX is a great car and I have much respect for it.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Originally posted by drizze99
    Shaitiger, doesn't the UTEC hold 3 different maps?

...nip...
    It has 5 modifiable map positions. The rest are "fixed function"
    02 WRX Wagon Silver SOLD
    03 Cobra Satin Silver, twin screwed, cammed, ported, nasty

Originally posted by postban
    It has 5 modifiable map positions. The rest are "fixed function"
    Thanks postban!

I think that this sucks. I mean evo's and srt's on stock turbos have the capability of running such great track times. I mean it seems like Im fighting an uphill battle. I feel like just trading it in and getting and sti or evo. I wonder what the sti will be capable on its stock turbo..Oh wait subaru put a sh$%ty stock turbo compared to the other ones.....So it probably will not hold up to those...I love my car Im just disappointed that all this money spent and my goal is to be a very fast car and it is but compared to cars in my " class" ..(evo, srt, ss's, etc...) its just not going to be as fast in the end w/similar mods......
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    I think that this sucks. I mean evo's and srt's on stock turbos have the capability of running such great track times. I mean it seems like Im fighting an uphill battle. I feel like just trading it in and getting and sti or evo. I wonder what the sti will be capable on its stock turbo..Oh wait subaru put a sh$%ty stock turbo compared to the other ones.....So it probably will not hold up to those...I love my car Im just disappointed that all this money spent and my goal is to be a very fast car and it is but compared to cars in my " class" ..(evo, srt, ss's, etc...) its just not going to be as fast in the end w/similar mods......
    You love your car and that's all that matters. Do you really care that there are faster cars than you? There is always going to be something faster. Enjoy your car man. Going by the pic in your avatar, it is a badass lookin ride. Sure you are putting a lot of money into your car and building it up, but it's not a battle, it's a challenge.

Originally posted by drizze99
    You love your car and that's all that matters. Do you really care that there are faster cars than you? There is always going to be something faster. Enjoy your car man. Going by the pic in your avatar, it is a badass lookin ride. Sure you are putting a lot of money into your car and building it up, but it's not a battle, it's a challenge.

Easy for you to say. I mean, your car is teh fastest car evar!

Sorry I just had to get that one in

Don't worry about it man. You have an awesome car that you can drive all year around comfortably. Like Drizze said, there will always be something faster out there. Keep up the good work and get that bigger turbo in there without breaking anything .
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Dude I feel your pain,

I am waiting and see if EVO brings over the GSR and I will end my journey with Subaru.
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

...snip......I love my car Im just disappointed that all this money spent and my goal is to be a very fast car ...snip...
    What is your definition of a very fast car?
    I think you have one........

Cheer up dude, you sound like you need a suicide intervention

I have a fast car (13's) and a very fast car (12's) by my definitions.
    02 WRX Wagon Silver SOLD
    03 Cobra Satin Silver, twin screwed, cammed, ported, nasty

If you really want to go fast just go buy a bike. 8g's and you'll have a new bike with warrenty that'll run 10's. 10g's and your in the 9's. lol then when you get in the subie she'll feel pretty slow.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.