Newly modded STi vs. 2002 BMW M3 on the highway
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Newly modded STi vs. 2002 BMW M3 on the highway within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So let me set this up first: I went to a local tuning shop today (xxtuning) and got a HKS ...

Newly modded STi vs. 2002 BMW M3 on the highway

So let me set this up first: I went to a local tuning shop today (xxtuning) and got a HKS downpipe, a Blitz SUS LM, and the intake silencer removed. So on my way back home with my stock parts still in the trunk I saw 2 cars speed by as I merged onto the highway. I sped up caught up with the winner, the M3, and punched the gas while at his door so he can hear my new bov-like intake sound (which I love btw). He took the bait and soon we were trying to make our way through traffic.

So I'm in front of him while in the left lane and when traffic cleared I pulled over and downshifted into 4th while he was next me. I couldn't tell right away if he was going or not so I let off the throttle at about 6k when I realized, yep, he's going. So I get back on the gas and redline comes up quickly and he's about 1/2 car in front when I shift into 5th. AT that point I quickly walked by him and had about 3 cars on him by 125 or 130 at which point we had to slow down due to traffic a couple hundred feet away.

We messed around a little more and got off an exit eventually. At the light I pulled up next to him and ask him what year and if he had any mods. He said it was a stock 2002. I also could see he had 2 other adult males in the car, and I could tell they were all excited. The light was green so I said "nice race" and we parted our separate ways. He seemed cool, and it probably was close to stock. I could see a large video screen on the console and his exhaust was not the factory one that I've seen in most pictures. I didn't pay attention to the sound, but it actually looked like it had smaller dual tips and that it was more flushed with the bumper. Kinda hard to describe.

Other than the mods I mentioned, I also have removed my spare tire, jack, and tool set but I still had 2 downpipes in the car and my ECU is probably still learning the new mods. His car was awesome looking, and it was definetly a fun run.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    2003 SRT-4

Nice race there... I do have a question though... Why removeyour spare tire to save weight?? Aren't you at all concerned about being stranded without a spare if you for some reason pick up a puncture???
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

That's what road-side assistance is for. I've had this discussion with my wife before many times. I took mine out and have a can of fix-a-flat instead.

Good kill, btw
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Originally posted by silverscooby
    That's what road-side assistance is for. I've had this discussion with my wife before many times. I took mine out and have a can of fix-a-flat instead.

Good kill, btw
    hehe.. I have the can of fix a flat too.... but ... ahhhhh.. I dunno... Can't bring myself to do it! I've always been one to think worst case scenarios.....
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Nice...I wonder if it was the same white one that I raced before...Its nice to beat those fine german automobiles...You however cannot do much to the e46. Its pretty strung out as it is....If your in Ct, I used to go to the pike all the time, and alot of my work gets done at xx also....
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Yeah, I have AAA and a cell phone, so worst case scenario I should be set.

I think it was dark blue, but it could have been black too. I'm not 100% sure because it was so dark out.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.