Last night's races
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Last night's races within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Was driving along putting miles on my rotated Falken Azenis RS tires when I just happened to come across 10 ...

Cool Last night's races

Was driving along putting miles on my rotated Falken Azenis RS tires when I just happened to come across 10 or so guys chilling in variously modded/riced up imports. We take off searching for some non-patrolled industrial roads to do battle
    1st place we go to was a nice smooth strip about a mile in length... perrrrrrrfect. But after the 1st race, a security minivan stops us.. so I didn't even get to race. <growl> Off we go searching for another place, find one closed and deserted road and setup. Sure enough, the same security guy tailed us all the way there... DAMN! He pulls up and some guys talk to him. They somehow manage to sweet talk him so that he lets us race. He even stuck around to watch me go against the slightly modded (intake/exhaust) S2000 that really looked like Johnny Tran's in F&TF :P

My mods:
    Tires Azenis RS on Stock RS mags (which are too sticky imo for dragging)
    AVC-R at 16.5 psi till 5000 then gradual slope to 12 at redline
    PDE up-pipe
    Full tank of 92 octane.
    Golf clubs in the trunk

So..... Pull up.. wait for the signal... 5000 rpms quick slip/release clutch... BANG! GONE! Toasted him off the line - 1 1/2 car lengths. Hear his VTEC kick in, both shift into 2nd and he's staying on my arse slowly closing in, shift into 3rd - he reels me in till he's beside me at the top of 3rd, 4th... he walks away 1 1/2 car lengths before we shutdown. WOAH what a race! And what a sound! cripes the song of a 9000 rpm beast right next to me sent shivers through me

We agree to do a roll on from idle in 1st, and interestingly enough, when we both mashed the throttle, he'd gain 1/2 a car length before my turbo would spool, then I'd gain 1/2 a car length on him before he'd jump into vtec, and then through 2nd gear, he'd walk me by a car length, through 3rd another one and 4th... bye-bye! FUN!

I raced a modded Type-R (no idea on the mods) and if I'd launch properly, I'd be able to stay ahead of him by a 1 1/2 car lengths or so till 4th. On a roll, it was almost like racing the S2000, but I'd be 1 car length behind. More Fun!

Went against a seriously slammed & modded RSX Type-S. erf I'd see sparks flying from his undercarriage on bumps. Same outcome as the Type-R.

It seemed to depend on who didn't fudge their shifts (didn't count those races), I missed once but the other guys missed more often

So yah, I was generally humbled. Everyone there was cool and gave props to the WRX's traction off the line . I thought that I'd be able to hold em off longer, but 4th is waaay too underdriven imo. I remember being able to take a modded Type-R on a roll with my RS-T at 6 psi easily all the way to 100 mph. <sniff> memories I didn't have a chance to go against the modded Saab (turbo) and some other turbo'ed monster. That's for another day

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So Rick,

You used to have a Impreza 2.5RS Turbo?

Nice job finding a safe place to race. Over the w/e here in Philly, the cops busted a huge street racing event. 2 cars were sited for motor vehicle violations (they must've been the ones racing) and over 60 people were ticketed. I'll be sticking to the track around here!

-Jim

Yep, loved that car dearly

Had a slightly modded ASR Stage 2 kit on it running 5-7 psi. It ran really well once I sorted out the proper zener diode to clamp the voltage at 4.7 max. Never got the chance on getting its 1/4 mile times, but I did auto-x it a lot and went to a track weekend. Had lots of fun with it

The track we raced on was not the smoothest, but was long enough (and consequently smooth enough heh) to keep on pulling to about 115 and have plenty of room to slow down. We all prefered to do roll on races, as they didn't want to get eaten on the start and as I didn't want to abuse my clutch/tranny .

Yep, the cops here are pretty severe too, we just lucked out - it wasn't a big gathering and there weren't any idiots doing smoke shows and/or behaving like lunatics. That security guy sure was cool.

Yup, our fourth gear is way too long. I found that out at the racetrack where Typ Rs and S-4s walked away from me while I was in fourth.

I'd take an extra gear over a turbo upgrade any day. But it's just not in the works.

Originally posted by bedabi
    Yup, our fourth gear is way too long. I found that out at the racetrack where Typ Rs and S-4s walked away from me while I was in fourth.

I'd take an extra gear over a turbo upgrade any day. But it's just not in the works.
    We need the 6spd
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.