stock WRX vs stock Stang GT
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on stock WRX vs stock Stang GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Last night at our local 1/8 mile track I ran into a couple guys. One with a new WRX and ...

stock WRX vs stock Stang GT

Last night at our local 1/8 mile track I ran into a couple guys. One with a new WRX and the other with a new GT. They were friends and they wanted to know who's car was faster. Both cars were bone stock. Before they raced they asked me who I thought would win. I said it should be close but I think the GT should be able to win. I was soon proved wrong. They raced 5 times.

The WRX won every race. Even with a inexperienced driver pulling 2.1 -2.2 60' times, which we know are real bad for a WRX.
    The races were close. The WRX would take the early lead even with the bad 60' times and the GT would try to play catch up. The WRX was able to stay out front every time. They were very evenly matched stock vs stock. If they had been racing a full 1/4 mile the GT would have probably pulled ahead at the end but only slightly. Either way it would have been a good race.
    They were both running in the low to mid 9s on average.

I just thought it was interesting to see a stock WRX racing a stock GT.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That's great! This next month or so I've got a race with a Mustang Bullitt coming up. He's got a Superchip. Hopefully by the time we race I'll have my BoostMonkey so I'll at least have 15 psi in all gears. That should help. He's been talking a little smack so I'm looking forward to showing him the back end of my wagon.
    Prodrive Headlight Conversion
    STi Front Grill
    Turbochargers.com Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade - T28 Compressor
    The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel
    Wagons Are Cool Check Out My Baby Here!

Originally posted by koyokid
    That's great! This next month or so I've got a race with a Mustang Bullitt coming up. He's got a Superchip. Hopefully by the time we race I'll have my BoostMonkey so I'll at least have 15 psi in all gears. That should help. He's been talking a little smack so I'm looking forward to showing him the back end of my wagon.
    Practice your launch. Thats where the race is won. Rev it to 5k and drop or slightly slip the clutch and FLOOR it at the same time. Then he will have to play catch up. With the extra boost your planning on having you should take him.
    Good luck.

Yep, we own the 1/8th. Our local track did that for a few weeks, but no one came - 1/4 mile is where it's at. So now we're back to the 1/4.

With my modded WRX automatic, I can even take Cobras, but for some reason the local Mustang team were all running nitrous last night. Didn't want to mess withe them.

I did take a '00 Z28 LS1 automatic last night twice. But my trap was 94, his was 99 (at 4100ft altitude). He began the race in my rearview mirror and was down to less than half a car-length by the end. Still fun though.

Padre

yesterday on my lunch break cruised along side a newer stang GT. looked over and he had pillar gauges, and huge tach w/ shift light. not sure what it had, gauges could've been for looks, but it definitely didn't sound stock. low and behold we get a perfect red light, wide open road ahead, no one around. plenty of time to stop and prepare for launch. he didn't look over, although i was trying to get him to nod, so i knew "it was on." anyway, i say f it, and revved er up to 4000 rpm or so, he still didn't look. i think he thought i had a piece of junk, and he was going to let me get out ahead. well, it went green and i mashed it, decent launch, slipping the clutch a bit. he was late and saw me jump out, and i heard him getting on it. he was to the left of me so i could see him the whole time in my side mirror. i stayed in it and got up over 80 mph before he finally came growling by. i think he was very surprised to say the least. actually, it was almost like a flyby as i let off shortly after he went flying by . had to chuckle. i even had my buddy in the car, he was solo, so he had that advantage. i'm pretty sure his GT was modded, and i'm bone stock and had him through 80 mph, just to give you an idea.

sg

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.