My WRX Wagon vs. Winter - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on My WRX Wagon vs. Winter within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; If you rev match as you downshift to slow your WRX down in the wintertime, it would be hard to ...

If you rev match as you downshift to slow your WRX down in the wintertime, it would be hard to break your tires loose on the white stuff. I've NEVER had this happen in all my years of winter driving in the most horrible conditions imaginable.

Downshifting in dry conditions has been debated continually on these Subaru forums, but I've never heard people debate it's use in the snow. J/K

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

and for all you petter solberg wannabee's, keep a tow rope in your trunk, sounds like ya might need it to get out of that ditch.
    Drag racing? I like my racing to last longer than the average orgasm...

It doesn't matter how many wheels you have or what kind of wheel-configuration you have, no one is going to do well on ice.

But I'm sure the WRX kicks ass in the snow - my dad's A4 Quattro feels very stable so I can only imagine how a better handing WRX would do overall.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by JTREX
    ...keep a tow rope in your trunk, sounds like ya might need it to get out of that ditch.
    Or to help some helpless person with FWD/RWD who's stuck

Originally posted by eluminx
    Or to help some helpless person with FWD/RWD who's stuck
    When i had my Ranger 4x4 i always had a tow rope with me, i used to go out cruising for stranded chicks when the weather got real nasty.....that and i just wanted an excuse to go play in the snow.....there was always some dumb chick who put her Alero/Malibu/GrandAm into the ditch at night on this one stretch of road leading from the local community college back to the university campus....and i was the knight in shining armor who rescued them(though i never benefitted from being such a helpful person, as my original plan entailed, some thank you he@d would have been nice). As far as pulling people out with the WRX, i don't think it would work as well as it did with a 4wd pickup due to the lack of ground clearance, aggressive tires, and most importantly a 2-speed transfer case with low range.
    '04 WRB Wagon
    K&N Panel Filter, Snorkusectomy
    Still to Come: many many things (waiting for the post-graduation cashflow to start) EDIT: Still Waiting for the money to start coming in......

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    thankyou h@ed...ROFLMAO!!
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.