WRX is fast, but can't compete =(
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX is fast, but can't compete =( within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Man, I love my WRX and everything, and I'm sure everyone's car here is faster than mine........but I wuz lookin ...

WRX is fast, but can't compete =(

Man, I love my WRX and everything, and I'm sure everyone's car here is faster than mine........but I wuz lookin around at forums and i noticed that supras are soooooo much faster and have the best kill stories! They have a guy racing a murcielago and they have supras killin porsche tt and such. I j/ wish WRX's had a 6 instead of a 4. Duz n e one else wish they bought a car with a bigger enginge at times?
    4EAT White WRX
    Hallman MBC @ 15lbs
    Removed Silencer
    3" custom cat-back w/ glass pack
    Gruppe-S uppipe

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Check out the Rex stories from Wrex4Life. He takes out the Lambo's and such.

It's not engine size, its all about HP/weight.
    That's why Bike's are so freakin fast.

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    It should be also noted that our WRXs generally compete in a very different class than Supras do...although there's a WRX doing track racing now (see Cusco JTCC WRX), I don't think you'll be seeing a Supras doing any rally racing Apples and oranges...
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

man, saying its apples to oranges doesnt even compare to the degree of differnece between the cars. seriously...we are down 1 turbo, 1 liter, 2 cylinders, 93 hp 92 lbs/trq. but atleast we have 400lb~ advantage, and AWD

the potenial of the supra is incredible, 600 hp is common, 1000 hp is achievable with ( relative ) ease. 2jz-gte OWNZ U
    My02 WRB WRX
    Go Hokies!

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    are supras track cars? almost all the supras i see go drag racing or are just straight line racers, but how many of them go out on the race track? i think if it were supra vs. wrx on the race track, it would be pretty close
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    The Japan Touring Car Championship has a lot of Supras on the track...hell, Gran Turismo 3 always has them The Castrol Tom's Supra is like the poster child for GT3. I haven't seen them as track cars here in the US though...
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

stock vs stock, a supra TT isn't a whole lot faster. but it can be modded quite well

tru tru, but sometimes i j/ want a beast that can eat up vipers and vettes and m3s on the highway u no? Plus 600+ hp would be great! =) Plus since i drive an auto, i dont get the launch to the degree that yall do. Man.....this depresses me =(
    4EAT White WRX
    Hallman MBC @ 15lbs
    Removed Silencer
    3" custom cat-back w/ glass pack
    Gruppe-S uppipe

Originally posted by nigginondubz
    tru tru, but sometimes i j/ want a beast that can eat up vipers and vettes and m3s on the highway u no? Plus 600+ hp would be great! =) Plus since i drive an auto, i dont get the launch to the degree that yall do. Man.....this depresses me =(
    there are quite a few 1000+hp street driven supras out there. that would be orgasmic

I hope you basically have enough money to buy whatever you want for the WRX because Supras are at least as expensive and even more so to get to the power levels you're talking about.

I mean we're talking 20k or so to get 6-700 hp w/ single turbo, chassis mods, tuning to support it.

Originally posted by ellisnc

I hope you basically have enough money to buy whatever you want for the WRX because Supras are at least as expensive and even more so to get to the power levels you're talking about.

I mean we're talking 20k or so to get 6-700 hp w/ single turbo, chassis mods, tuning to support it.
    Absolutely, I wouldn't do it. If I spend 45K + on a car then it will be Skyline R32-3-4. They retain good value and go like hell with a light mod and can be driven daily without constant tuning ( I don't mean 10 minutes from work ) and it is AWD. Btw it is the car to have over there in Japan, not a Supra TT, STI or EVO.

Of course if you are building a show/track car then money and maintenance should not be a concern, it is business and you better have the finanical mean.

So you guessed it, I won't spend more then 30K on a car so the rex is the best bang for the buck for me

Think about a stage 4 at 3-4K will net you close to 150 hp gain. Try that on a RSX Remember that post about the 13 sec WRX spanked a stock LT1 hahahha
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

Why don't you just learn to drive a stick and start experiencing what driving is. Man, I would rather not have a WRX if all I could get was an automatic. No hate towards those that do drive autos, but I do hate automatic transmissions. You're at least a second down from a 5-speed 0-60, worse gas mileage, worse responce, all in all it's just worse. Yes it makes that big of a difference. Almost any car can be fun to drive if it has a stick, but it's take a very exceptional vehicle to bring on the fun with an automatic.

And if you want a Viper, Vette eating machine just get the new GT40 when it comes out.

Now THAT'S a sports car.
    Prodrive Headlight Conversion
    STi Front Grill
    Turbochargers.com Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade - T28 Compressor
    The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel
    Wagons Are Cool Check Out My Baby Here!

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    holy crap the new gt40 is beautiful
    ...and fast as hell!

it looks almost like the original too, which is cool

Originally posted by koyokid

Why don't you just learn to drive a stick and start experiencing what driving is. Man, I would rather not have a WRX if all I could get was an automatic. No hate towards those that do drive autos, but I do hate automatic transmissions. You're at least a second down from a 5-speed 0-60, worse gas mileage, worse responce, all in all it's just worse. Yes it makes that big of a difference. Almost any car can be fun to drive if it has a stick, but it's take a very exceptional vehicle to bring on the fun with an automatic.

And if you want a Viper, Vette eating machine just get the new GT40 when it comes out.

Now THAT'S a sports car.
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

Humm ...

I still want the STI . Transmission, lights, brakes, engine mods, etc are all factory ... well they better be. I want a car in which I can drive in all weather ... GTR R34+ would be another option.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

RSXracer200
    Originally posted by WRXrumble

Absolutely, I wouldn't do it. If I spend 45K + on a car then it will be Skyline R32-3-4. They retain good value and go like hell with a light mod and can be driven daily without constant tuning ( I don't mean 10 minutes from work ) and it is AWD. Btw it is the car to have over there in Japan, not a Supra TT, STI or EVO.

Of course if you are building a show/track car then money and maintenance should not be a concern, it is business and you better have the finanical mean.

So you guessed it, I won't spend more then 30K on a car so the rex is the best bang for the buck for me

Think about a stage 4 at 3-4K will net you close to 150 hp gain. Try that on a RSX Remember that post about the 13 sec WRX spanked a stock LT1 hahahha
    umm....before u talk i think you should know that the turbos coming out for the rsx are showing 70+ hp at the wheels with only 6lbs. of boost......translation, you get your ass handed to you

another thing is beating a LT1 is not very impressive at all since those old camaros and trans ams run low 14's try to beat a LS1, notice the key word TRY to beat it. and i know there are wrx'x out there that can beat a STOCK LS1 but a modded LS1 will destroy them

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast