WRX is fast, but can't compete =( - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX is fast, but can't compete =( within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by RSXracer200 umm....before u talk i think you should know that the turbos coming out for the rsx ...

Originally posted by RSXracer200

umm....before u talk i think you should know that the turbos coming out for the rsx are showing 70+ hp at the wheels with only 6lbs. of boost......translation, you get your ass handed to you

another thing is beating a LT1 is not very impressive at all since those old camaros and trans ams run low 14's try to beat a LS1, notice the key word TRY to beat it. and i know there are wrx'x out there that can beat a STOCK LS1 but a modded LS1 will destroy them

according to SCC, Greddy RSX Type-S
    0-30 2.7
    0-60 5.7
    30-50 1.9
    50-70 2.3
    1/4 Mile 13.7 at 108.4

translation....vishnu stage 0 will hand that cars ass...and its just getting started. 3 or possibly more stages to go

im not trying to mag race or anything, but if thats the potential of the k20c turbocharged...im not impressed. so far ic no competition in terms of speed against the WRX with that RSX-S
    My02 WRB WRX
    Go Hokies!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

umm....before u talk i think you should know that the turbos coming out for the rsx are showing 70+ hp at the wheels with only 6lbs. of boost......translation, you get your ass handed to you

another thing is beating a LT1 is not very impressive at all since those old camaros and trans ams run low 14's try to beat a LS1, notice the key word TRY to beat it. and i know there are wrx'x out there that can beat a STOCK LS1 but a modded LS1 will destroy them
    I always compare stock mod to stock mod, a turbo RSX is not stock mod in my book.

A Vishnu stage 4 WRX is 309 whp dynoed, is that fast enought for you.

Let see 169 whp - 309 whp = 140 hp gain

Stage 4 WRX = 227+140=367 hp + AWD
    Turbo RSX = 200+70 = 270 hp + FWD + open diff

Road and Track rated the 276 hp EVO ranking 4 overall on track performance.

Of cause a mod LS1 is fast but then someone can always buy a 2003 Z06 or Viper and mod the hell out of them and eat LS1 for breakfast. Speed = money and how much you want to spend to go fast. Z06 starts at 400+ hp, Viper 500 hp and they handles 2.

I used to be a GSR owner, my friends got turbo GSR and Jackson Racing supercharged GSR and moded Type-R, how about a turbo charged NSX. So I know Integra and how high maintenance it is to go fast in them. The main reason for me to get a rex is ease of mod and low maintenance
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

Thumbs up

Originally posted by BoostedAWD

according to SCC, Greddy RSX Type-S
    0-30 2.7
    0-60 5.7
    30-50 1.9
    50-70 2.3
    1/4 Mile 13.7 at 108.4

translation....vishnu stage 0 will hand that cars ass...and its just getting started. 3 or possibly more stages to go

im not trying to mag race or anything, but if thats the potential of the k20c turbocharged...im not impressed. so far ic no competition in terms of speed against the WRX with that RSX-S

RSXracer200
    what u guys are forgeting is that they are gaining 70+ hp at the wheels and at only 6-7 lbs. your talking about 360hp but u are pushing over 20lbs. to get that....when a S turns up the boost that much once again its your ass on a silver platter.

thats pretty funny. really, if you think you can just bolt on a turbo kit to the RSX and keep turning up the boost you have a lot to learn. RSXracer200 do some research on compression ratio VS boost. you might actually learn something. i don't own a WRX or a RSX-S. i will say they are both very nice cars.

RSXracer200
    Originally posted by 2000impreza
    thats pretty funny. really, if you think you can just bolt on a turbo kit to the RSX and keep turning up the boost you have a lot to learn. RSXracer200 do some research on compression ratio VS boost. you might actually learn something. i don't own a WRX or a RSX-S. i will say they are both very nice cars.
    trust me i know you can't run high boost in a rsx, that dosn't mean its not possable with the aftermarket though.

i don't know how much boost the RSX-S engine can take stock. when people start bolting supercharger and turbo kits we'll see how they hold up.

RSXracer200
    revhards turbo i belive is running at 7 pounds to be safe, 8 or 9 pounds is pobably the max with stock motor.

RSX is a beautiful car, but the previous model integras would be my first choice for a 2 door sport compact

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by 2000impreza
    i don't know how much boost the RSX-S engine can take stock. when people start bolting supercharger and turbo kits we'll see how they hold up.
    yeah, whats the compression on a stock rsx? its probly something pretty high since it wasn't made w/ a turbo in mind. the wrx is like 9:1 b/c they designed it for a turbo, so i doubt you could be running that much boost w/ an rsx anyway
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

trust me i know you can't run high boost in a rsx, that dosn't mean its not possable with the aftermarket though.
    Well you maybe right. BUT that would require opening up the engine and putting better internals in it. Translation if you do the same thing to a 2.0L EJ20 LOOK THE HELL OUT. I mean you could start boosting upwards of 30psi if you did somthing like that. But I understand where you are coming from: "a modded/turbo RSX could hand a stock or nearly stock WRX it's ass on a silver platter".

I have to admit that I as a WRX owner say the same type of things... except it's more with stock Corvettes, Porsche, etc... [heh], especially any NA car at altitude hehe.

And then realize that if and when you start getting close to the hp that the WRX is making you will have tq. steer FROM HELL. ANd then if you get a limited slip diff. than tq. steer is gone but in order to get a really good time you need slicks to apply the power to the ground. Personally this is the biggest problem with ANY high hp car. I was toying around with the idea of getting an old diesel 4x4 (STRONG drivetrain) and turboing say a chevy 350 to get somewhere around 500whp and just put it in 4x4 and MARCH down the 1/4 mile [heh]. I think that would be kind of fun. But I am getting off of the point now. From a roll yes you would absolutely kill a WRX with a turbo pushing 8-9psi. BUt I have only seen a couple of NA (stock internaled) Honda/Acura engines that really last if and when you go over 7-8psi.

Penguinking - Just an FYI. The reason the WRX can take 15-20psi on the stock block is becuase the CR is 8:1 not 9:1. With 9:1 we would probably be limited to somewhere around 12-14psi max safely anyway.
    Stock 2004 WRX STi
    Java Black on Silver

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by davidm_sh

Penguinking - Just an FYI. The reason the WRX can take 15-20psi on the stock block is becuase the CR is 8:1 not 9:1. With 9:1 we would probably be limited to somewhere around 12-14psi max safely anyway.
    true true. my point was that the wrx engine was designed w/ turbo applications in mind, so its capable of withstanding much higher levels of boost than stock, as opposed to the rsx, where it would be harder to run that much b/c its NA, which of course is the prob w/ all NAs
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

Originally posted by mark
    RSX is a beautiful car, but the previous model integras would be my first choice for a 2 door sport compact
    You want to build a killer RSX, yes it can be done. Talk to the best Miss Kubo Queen of Import Drag that is and ready to have like 6000-10,000 bucks at hand.

Lisa Kubo's Nitto Tires Civic (9.936, 148.46)

You are taking JG piston, balanced forged crank, special heads. Blue printed engine running big turbo and complete custom management system. Also specially build tranny. Her honda is fast fast fast.

I have seem my share of blown B18 D16, blown clutch, tranny etc.
    Thanks and no thanks. I am done with vtechs.

I Support ClubWRX
    the problem w/ those fast hondas is making them fast while still keeping them street legal. well, at least for me, i don't want a purely track car, i also want my wrx to be my daily driver, so to get that kind of speed (ok maybe not a 10 sec car, but something fast) will take alot more effort than just race preping it
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Penguinking
    the problem w/ those fast hondas is making them fast while still keeping them street legal. well, at least for me, i don't want a purely track car, i also want my wrx to be my daily driver, so to get that kind of speed (ok maybe not a 10 sec car, but something fast) will take alot more effort than just race preping it
    I second that. I am building a stage 1 + not quite stage 2. I don't want it loud and *****y. I don't think a 10 second wrx or RSX will be too easy to live with unless you starts out with a Z06 or a Viper.

Besides I also do autox so my goal is a fast all around daily driven stealth machine not a 1/4 rocket.

Plan is:

MBC ........................... Got it.
    Uppie .......................... Got it.
    Intercooler hose ........... next.
    Knift edge turbo inlet/outlet.... Next.
    Clean up the intercooler inlet and outlet ..... next.
    Cat back that is quiet .... next.
    Unichip tuned for the above mod....... final engine mod.

I wonder if I will get 280 hp out of the above setup ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.