S2k PwnAge
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on S2k PwnAge within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I told my friend that the STi made more torque a few hundred RPM's off idle than his S2000 made ...

S2k PwnAge

I told my friend that the STi made more torque a few hundred RPM's off idle than his S2000 made peak, he called BS I showed him a dyno... he cried....

that is all...
    VS1/TXSII Hybrid (RIP)

Me: I hit a highway divider at 120...
    Stupid Cousin: Is that a bad thing?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: S2k PwnAge

Originally posted by Butterfingers
    I told my friend that the STi made more torque a few hundred RPM's off idle than his S2000 made peak, he called BS I showed him a dyno... he cried....

that is all...

Justin
    2003 Sonic Yellow
    NOT STOCK ANYMORE!!

'04 PSM STi - modded (sr50+the works)
    '05 JGM RSX Type-S - stock

guys we shouldnt make fun of those who are underprivelaged and cant afford the STi...oh wait...the S2000 cost more than the STi, laugh away... laugh away.

While they are lacking in torque ( I saw a turbo-charged S2000 only make 190 lb/ft at the wheels ) that does not make them a bad car. I'd love a S2000. They look pretty damn sweet and are fun as hell to drive. That being said, the same S2000 did put down 300whp @ 7psi.

An S2000 to a STi is apples to oranges.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Although the s2000 is an awesome car imo, the point still stands that it has no torque. Its low low max torque comes in at about 7500rpm. thats sad for such a cool car, you gotta practically floor it wherever you go.
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

you gotta practically floor it wherever you go.

I already do that!
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Fully loaded w/Appreance Package.
    Wizaired CAI

Originally posted by jungdragon
    Although the s2000 is an awesome car imo, the point still stands that it has no torque. Its low low max torque comes in at about 7500rpm. thats sad for such a cool car, you gotta practically floor it wherever you go.
    Yeah, and that vtec is supposedly loud and very annoying... One of the changes is a lower redline for the 2004 model and a quieter engine supposedly.

-snowcat
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

Originally posted by snowcat
    Yeah, and that vtec is supposedly loud and very annoying... One of the changes is a lower redline for the 2004 model and a quieter engine supposedly.

-snowcat
    It sounds awesome with an aftermarket muffler though.

HKS hiper muffler on S2000

Originally posted by jungdragon

Same can be said for the rx8, but their real abilities lie on a tight turning race track.

Originally posted by TurnWRX
    Same can be said for the rx8, but their real abilities lie on a tight turning race track.
    yeah, that's why I like the s2k so much! I don't really care much for the rx8 though, hmm
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

affordable ragtops that move

I dream of an S2000 with the torque curve of an M Roadster. It's a very good dream. When the Elise hits the states, it will deliver the performance, but look butt ugly.
    '07 STI UGM: Protuned Cobb DP, Walbro, Prodrive BCS; Cobb heat shield; extra stock rims with Hankook iPike W409's; Subaru hitch mount; a Limited roof and wing
    '02 WRX PS: quick & trouble free but sold with 110K miles
    mods

You don't like the looks of the Elise?? I think theyre sweet as hell. To each their own though.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

It's like the s2k came out at the wrong time. Manufacturers were still gloating of 4/6 bangers w/200hp like Preludes and Maximas etc and then came the 240hp monster from Honda. Yea, it's great but then the surge of awd turbo setups and bigger hp domestics just cast a shadow over the s2k. I remember drooling over the s2k and I still do. But if I bought one I'd be shipping it out for a serious turbo setup given the crazy surge of awd turbo setups and high hp domestics. What about that lex convertable? Doesn't it have 300hp? Unless I was rolling in at 2500lbs I'd need at least 300hp out of any sport coupe to feel "satisfied" after driving my rex at its current setup. I think after grad school I'd like to buy a used S8 or M5 but who knows. My rex makes me pretty happy but it's missing that attention getter thing. I had a lude sh on coilovers and that was pretty sweet but with broken cv's, gear sets and lost compression from a 75 shot the car was just a time bomb.....
    02 wrx wagon
    Ecutek (rallispec tuned)
    vf30, sti injectors, walbro 255 fp
    Vishnu catback, pde up/dp
    aps d/r500 stealth black fmic
    aps pod intake
    cusco f/r sway bars, strut bars
    Prodrive springs
    Whiteline suspension bits
    Twr Racing 4pot bbk up front
    Twr Racing 2pot brakes in back
    max whp 326 (11/24/03)
    Cylinder #4: R.I.P 2/2004

Originally posted by snowcat

-snowcat
    oh and the pssssh sound from a BOV doesn't get annoying? right....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.