Evo vs. brand spankin new M3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Evo vs. brand spankin new M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so i just dropped off my friend lastnight after a night cruisen in my pops EVO when i see this ...

Evo vs. brand spankin new M3

so i just dropped off my friend lastnight after a night cruisen in my pops EVO when i see this M3 cruise by me doin 70 -75 while i am merging onto I 84......so i say to myself.....once in a lifetime opportunity so i'm gonna go for it even though i told my dad i would baby it.....so i get side by side with this dude thats in his mid 30's and i smile at him.....i look over again and he just takes off....i wasn't sure if we were gonna do a 3 honk or something so he got a pretty decent jump on me....i downshifted to fourth around 75 and now he has like 3 or 4 cars before i react......i nail it and it doesn't look like he is pulling much as we go around one car......i'm at about 100 and i'm thinkin about shifting into 5th in a lil while and i'm thinkin to myself i'm toast......If I estimate i was prolly like a 8 or 9 cars back at 130 since he got a decent jump so i say he got me by 5 cars total.....i knew those things were quick but never experienced it in person.....told my dad after and he was cool about it because he knows I am careful and that I would only try something if there was a rare opportunity....now he seems he might want to start modding it.....hopefully i will get another chance later down the road .

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That's great how your dad reacted. Mine would kill me if I ever raced his car.
    http://forums.clubrsx.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=93612

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    good story. Those e46s can really move at speed! EVO's are no slouches, but you'd need mods to hang with a new m3
    2003 SRT-4

Nice death. E46 M3's are in my short list of cars (attainable) I'd love to own.

My Favorite kill was on a E46 M3
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Originally posted by silverscooby
    Nice death. E46 M3's are in my short list of cars (attainable) I'd love to own.

My Favorite kill was on a E46 M3
    same here:

z06
    e46 m3
    STi
    S4
    c5

Thats about it!
    2003 SRT-4

i enjoy a variety of vehicles...but hey, thats just me.

Originally posted by billy brown 66
    i enjoy a variety of vehicles...but hey, thats just me.
    weirdo
    2003 SRT-4

sub03 - what part of I84? where ya from? CT?NY?
    1993 5.0 mustang coupe
    Holley Systemax II intake, TFS TW Alum. heads, novi 1000 supercharger, TF 1.6 Roller rockers, TF stage one cam, mac 70 mm T/B, 80mm Pro-m meter, FMS 24lb in. morpheus power pipe, Accel coil, rear air bag, Tremec 3550, FMS 373 gears, eaton 31 dif, moser 31 axles, FPR, white face gauges, pro 5.0 shifter, 3 chamber flowmasters, Offroad h-pipe, Mac headers, Centerfource cluch, steeda clutch quadrant and cable, saleen wing, walbro 255 fuel pump, Eibach lowering springs 1 7/8", M.U. Sub-frames. maximum motorsport LCAs, wild rides battle boxes, reinforcment plates.
    Track Times:
    Lebonon Valley:
    before heads/cam 13.76 @ 101.74 60ft - 2.24 after but before gears - 13.26 @106.66 with 2.166 60'
    12.840 @108.74 1.993 60ft
    11.998@114.015 1.730 60ft with novi non tuned and breaking up

from CT

ever goto Marcus Dairy to hang out?

I haven't seen any evos around since I've gotten my STi a couple weeks ago, but if you see a black STi on 84, rt8, or 691 feel free to make your presence known.

we should all meet up sometime and check out each others cars, ill have my cusin go with his wrx and ill bring my mustang

i've never really hung out at marcus or wendy's.....some of the kids are a$$holes so me and my friends just hang out with our cars

there was something going on at marcus on sat. night....i passed by on the way home after the race....were u there green93notch?

no i havent been over there for a while with my car, last time i went there there were a bunch of cops there and wouldnt let anyone go, i just kept on driving by. (last summer that was) but since then ive heard it was better. my car is down in the Bronx right now at my cusins house, i dont have any heat in it (heater core went, i think i broke it from the frame twisting or something ) i raced an evo from a roll one night coming home from spring valley (WOW if you like fast cars and all types, go there!) there was a tallon that was messing around also with him. my friend with his GT was in front of me and were like cool. so we went and he started to pull on the evo and so did i ( i was behind the GT) this was without my supercharger and new intake. i was trapping around 109 then. alot of fun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast