WRX(1) vs GT(0)

This is a discussion on WRX(1) vs GT(0) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so yeah, I'm heading home from driving around with my girl in the passenger seat and im cruisin along at ...

WRX(1) vs GT(0)

so yeah, I'm heading home from driving around with my girl in the passenger seat and im cruisin along at 30-35ish , and I come up behind a slower driver in the right lane so I signal and get over, then all of a suden i notice a set of headlights come up on me pretty quickly.. then he gets in the right lane and flys by, he got a car or more on me before I decided to run him, so I drop into 2nd and pull even, i shift into 3rd and pull about 1/2 car on him, then almost a full car by the top of third, shifted into 4th kinda sloppy and a let him gain 1/4th car on me, and from then on we were dead even, shut down around 115(with his front end at my rear doors) because i dont need another ticket lol..

as far as my mods go, catless, mufflerless and thats all. as for him i have no idea but i know his exhaust drowned mine out so he def had some exhuast work done, other than that im sure he was stock... i was just wondering how well you guys do against stock GT's as well.. his was the new body style.. 00-03?

we tried to get a redlight together but we didnt get the chance, since i had already pulled on him through 3rd, I imagine I woulda pulled a few cars on him from a stop.. oh wells, it was fun.. my 2nd race since my run in with a WS6, Lets just say that wasnt so close haha

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

re Gt

There is a red light on a 4 lane near my house. Approximately 1/4 mile from the light is a church driveway. 5 times I have raced mustang Gts from this spot and 5 times I have made it to the driveway before them. I am usually more than 2 cars ahead at the halfway point but after that they have always started to gain on me. 1 Mustang I have raced twice from here and the second time he almost got me. None of the mustangs were stock as they all had at the minimum exhaust work that I could definitely hear at the start. None were newer than 99. My WRX is completely stock. Keep in mind these are Mustang GTs Not the SVT sort! I think we might need an STI to compete with the SVT.

Re: re Gt

Originally posted by isfast
    ...snip... Keep in mind these are Mustang GTs Not the SVT sort! I think we might need an STI to compete with the SVT.
    Depends on the SVT

Good kills, both of you.

(can I say that to a fellow WRX pilot about a fellow stang pilot?dilema!!!!)
    02 WRX Wagon Silver SOLD
    03 Cobra Satin Silver, twin screwed, cammed, ported, nasty

New SVT's are faster stock for stock than the STi... their quarter times are in the high 12's

The GT/WRX fight has been going on since day one... and its a good one at that!
    1970 GS350
    2004 WRX STi
    2006 Honda Accord (Sedan), 4cyl 5 speed.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by skyphix
    New SVT's are faster stock for stock than the STi... their quarter times are in the high 12's

The GT/WRX fight has been going on since day one... and its a good one at that!
    post pics of your STi
    2003 SRT-4