Civic Si Vs. 04 WRX
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Civic Si Vs. 04 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This wasn't much of a race, more of a single file can you stay with me kind of thing. I ...

fre

Civic Si Vs. 04 WRX

This wasn't much of a race, more of a single file can you stay with me kind of thing. I was cruising behind the ever popular left lane hog in a big SUV (big surprise). This went on for about 10 miles and I noticed a red civic pull up behind me. I finally got a clearing (of course I had to pass on the right) and said what the hey, so I hit it in 4th @ about 75ish and proceed to completely walk away from the civic. So now I am feeling good and all even though supposedly this car was no challenge, but then I see him come up on me. He got stuck behind some traffic and I was cruising 100ish so it took him awhile. I thought for sure the ricer flybye was on the menu, but instead he just follows me, so then I hit it again and he must have not been ready the first time, because I could only pull like 1-2 cars on him. Now I am thinking wtf a civic si is staying with me? So then I take a harder glance in the rearview and notice an intercooler smiling at me, which answered my confusion. When I hit 130 and he was still rolling behind me I knew something was up I am stock btw. Hard to say exactly what he had, but he was almost on par with me, so I was impressed
    Looks like Cobb accessecu stage1 is on the menu for x-mas

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ahhh too bad you didn't get a chance to chat with him. I would have liked to know what his setup was. Good race.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    umm...I think a Civic Si with forced induction could have beaten you from a roll, if you were stock.
    2003 SRT-4

^^^wut he said^^^ you probly saw a shiney radiator. he coulda had hondata reflash thou that would keep pretty close to a stock wrx from a roll.

fre
    Originally posted by axion7606
    ^^^wut he said^^^ you probly saw a shiney radiator. he coulda had hondata reflash thou that would keep pretty close to a stock wrx from a roll.
    I dont think people add radiators to the bottom of their cars like that? It certainly did not look like a radiator hanging down that far. He might have just been running low boost, because he didn't change his internals for low compression.

Ike
    There is a panel filter that goes where an FMIC normally would and is designed to look like an FMIC, seems to be somewhat popular with the ricer crowd. But yes it's possible he was running really low boost and or his car was tuned like snot.

Ike

fre
    Originally posted by Ike
    There is a panel filter that goes where an FMIC normally would and is designed to look like an FMIC, seems to be somewhat popular with the ricer crowd. But yes it's possible he was running really low boost and or his car was tuned like snot.

Ike
    If that is true then that is funny. It even had the tapering of a FMIC like a wedge shape. I don't deny he could have maybe just had bolt ons, (I have seen very fast civics all motor at the strip, but they are loud as ****) he even had a stock exhaust and it wasn't noisy at all when I was behind him and he hit it. I don't think he was a ricer either, because there were absolutely no decals, wings, body addons. He added to his car where it counts and for that I give him a thumbs up
    Last edited by fre; 11-23-2003 at 02:28 AM.

I had a 99 civic si with an intake, i went 15.0 once and consistanly hit 15.1's. I raced a wrx when i had it and caught it from about a half car lenth behind and put about a car lenth on it. The wrx did have 4 people in it and i'm not sure if it was stick or auto, i only had 1 passenger in my car.

Now i have a wrx with a mbc, my best is 13.55, there are 2 turbo SI's near me that i'm right next to until the top of 3rd then he pulls VERY hard, turbo si's are no joke.

steve
    2002 SRP WRX Sold .......i need another wrx
    13.3 @99mph with a mbc

03 Honda Element
    1992 Civic hb W/B20 SOLD

fre
    Originally posted by wrxspins4
    I had a 99 civic si with an intake, i went 15.0 once and consistanly hit 15.1's. I raced a wrx when i had it and caught it from about a half car lenth behind and put about a car lenth on it. The wrx did have 4 people in it and i'm not sure if it was stick or auto, i only had 1 passenger in my car.

Now i have a wrx with a mbc, my best is 13.55, there are 2 turbo SI's near me that i'm right next to until the top of 3rd then he pulls VERY hard, turbo si's are no joke.

steve
    They are probably set up for a turbo though and don't just have one slapped on, correct me if I am wrong. This means they are running respectable boost not 6-8psi like one would have to run if they didn't bother setting up their engine for a turbo.

Actually, an Si would normally run about 8 lbs. of boost and easily put down 80-90 more hp than a stock WRX would. Don't forget, they are also A LOT lighter than us.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

do you know if it was the egg shaped 2002-2003 si or the older style?

fre
    Originally posted by ervv173
    do you know if it was the egg shaped 2002-2003 si or the older style?
    It had to be pre-2000. Boxier shape.
    So a civic with 8lb of boost gets 300 crank hp? If that is true I am truely baffled heh. I know they are lighter let me see how light k just looked it up. Had to be a 96-2000 because it was a sedan coupe and they weighed 2600 lbs, so yea they do have a weight advantage.
    Maybe he did have only some kind of comuter change, but then I am impressed and also dissapointed at the same time for him putting on a wannabe intercooler Again, he had no exhaust modification at least at the muffler and wasn't loud at all. Time for my reflash now
    Last edited by fre; 11-24-2003 at 07:28 PM.

The coupe body style SI's were made in 99 and 00, even with the basic bolt on turbo kit, they are fast, i think 300hp at the crank is easily achieved with an exhaust. The ones that i have raced have been rebuilt to handle high boost, not really sure what "high boost" is on a civic, maybe 15psi or so? Either way, a turbo SI is fast, i want a 99 hatch with a boosted B18 so bad

After reading the part about him having a stock exhaust, you probably did beat a turbo SI, an SI's stock exhaust is less than 2in piping, a turbo car needs much bigger exhaust piping than that, that poor boosted B16 is being choked to death.

Nice kill

steve
    2002 SRP WRX Sold .......i need another wrx
    13.3 @99mph with a mbc

03 Honda Element
    1992 Civic hb W/B20 SOLD

fre
    Originally posted by wrxspins4
    The coupe body style SI's were made in 99 and 00, even with the basic bolt on turbo kit, they are fast, i think 300hp at the crank is easily achieved with an exhaust. The ones that i have raced have been rebuilt to handle high boost, not really sure what "high boost" is on a civic, maybe 15psi or so? Either way, a turbo SI is fast, i want a 99 hatch with a boosted B18 so bad

After reading the part about him having a stock exhaust, you probably did beat a turbo SI, an SI's stock exhaust is less than 2in piping, a turbo car needs much bigger exhaust piping than that, that poor boosted B16 is being choked to death.

Nice kill

steve
    Yea, I imagine they are monsters from a roll once they are done correctly, now I just gotta call Cobb and see if you can simply replace the dp and run their stage 2 or should I say what is the least you can do to run stage 2 UP, DP or just DP I have heard of the stealthback which is DP and Midpipe with stock exhaust I think (not to get off topic ).

My brothers turbo ls/vtec integra put down 312 @ 12psi. But his motor is built and the same tech that was tuning his car blew the motor(running car too hard for too long). So now hes building my bro a 2.0L ls/vtec turbo . (2.0L cus he had to bore out the block dumbass got too big of pistons)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.