Civic Si Vs. 04 WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Civic Si Vs. 04 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by wrxpaul My brothers turbo ls/vtec integra put down 312 @ 12psi. But his motor is built and ...

fre
    Originally posted by wrxpaul
    My brothers turbo ls/vtec integra put down 312 @ 12psi. But his motor is built and the same tech that was tuning his car blew the motor(running car too hard for too long). So now hes building my bro a 2.0L ls/vtec turbo . (2.0L cus he had to bore out the block dumbass got too big of pistons)
    Well he will have more displacement anyway oh and I looked at AccessECU FAQ and found you can actually run statge 2 with just a DP. I wonder how much more power you get over stage1 HRM. It seems Cobb Stage 2 doesn't even require an Uppipe for full performance, which is the biggest PITA to install.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by fre
    Well he will have more displacement anyway oh and I looked at AccessECU FAQ and found you can actually run statge 2 with just a DP. I wonder how much more power you get over stage1 HRM. It seems Cobb Stage 2 doesn't even require an Uppipe for full performance, which is the biggest PITA to install.

You should get the new turbo maps that they have..all u need is upgraded turbo,injectors,stg 2 mods..the only turbos they have maps for is vf34,vf30 here is the site

fre
    Originally posted by wrxpaul
    You should get the new turbo maps that they have..all u need is upgraded turbo,injectors,stg 2 mods..the only turbos they have maps for is vf34,vf30 here is the site
    I am a college student and might end up in grad school/ROTC so I don't think I have the coin for that kind of bling, but sure would be nice So on my limited budget I might just have to stick with stock or just a remapped ecu Even the downpipe would be like 400 bucks so that is too much I would be stretching just for the remap at this point (only pull down 700/month) but I have no other expenses cept car.

I Support ClubWRX
    I had a similar episode on the NJTP about 3 months ago. Always on the lookout for bubblegum machines in my rear view mirror (that damn wing is just the right height to cover up red and blue roof lights!) and I noticed a white honda weaving its way through traffic, moving pretty quickly.

As I was in the left lane, and on my way to visit a client, I wasn't looking for anything, so I got over to the middle lane. He came up pretty fast and went on by...a Civic SI with a big exhaust.

About 2 miles later, traffic was bunching up (big surprise ) and I noticed him ahead of me again, darting over to the far right lane to make a move. He gets cut off by a trucker, and swerves over to the left again. By this time, I'm evan with him, and keeping with the flow of traffic. As I hate stone chips, I usually keep a deceant distance between myself and the car in front of me, knowing I've got plenty of torque on hand to chop off anyone attempting to dodge in.

Well, since he couldn't find a lane to the right, the Civic SI trys to jump in front of me, and I'm not having that, so I goose it and close the gap. He eventually falls in behind me. Once traffic clears up, I move over again and let him by.

This time he came up next to me, slowed down, then nailed it. He moved away pretty quickly, a lot faster than I would have expected.

Traffic again played its game and I caught up with him eventually. Once it cleared, he was again behind me, and coming up fast, so I decided to play. I let him get about 2 lengths behind me and then downshifted and nailed it. He still went by me and then traffic was coming up fast, so I backed off. It was during this last pass that I noticed the FMIC peaking out from the front.

I thought he was gone, then he suddenly appears from a service exit, and paces right behind me. I downshift, waiting, waiting, waiting...and then he goes for it. So I nail it, and we stayed dead even until I shifted into 5th, when I started slowly pulling...by then we were well into triple digits so I backed off, gave him a thumbs up, and went on my way.

Those turbo Civics can be very impressive!

Scott
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

ive actually seen a lot of kids that will rig up a FMIC into their normal intake system, kinda like using it as a CAI...so not every FMIC you see on a honda is a turbo car

but when boosted those things are very fast
    It is better to have others think that you are a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

02 WRX 44k - sold 2/28/5
    96 Corolla 128k
    92 Corolla 160k
    88 Accord 208k
    90 Voyager 242k

Indeed...my bros car is fast was fast..he cant punch it right now because he's breaking in his new motor but he's feeling the torque from the 2.0l

Yeah the B-series matched with a simple turbo can produce some wicked fast highway racers. Good runs and next time take them off the line with the AWD balls out launch .

I don't think this is true. A civic with the new edelbrock turbo kit (50 state legal) with new intake manifold, ecu, and intercooler is putting down 170 whp at 8 psi. You would have to be talking a major engine overhaul to get 80 more HP that a WRX. Like $10,000 worth of engine mods, at which point its hardly a civic anymore, except that its still ugly and front wheel drive.

Hondas are not sports cars!

If the B16 is tuned the right way, it can put down some big power numbers. I was talkin to this one guy who had a 93 4dr Civic who was running the B16 turboed...11.9s...It too is a very strong engine
    Justin
    2003 Sonic Yellow
    NOT STOCK ANYMORE!!

I don't think this is true. A civic with the new edelbrock turbo kit (50 state legal) with new intake manifold, ecu, and intercooler is putting down 170 whp at 8 psi. You would have to be talking a major engine overhaul to get 80 more HP that a WRX. Like $10,000 worth of engine mods, at which point its hardly a civic anymore, except that its still ugly and front wheel drive.

That Edelbrock kit is for the SOHC motor, the B-series motors are awesome, bolt a turbo kit to a B-series motor and you'll get more than 170whp. Edelbrock doesn't make a turbo kit for a DOHC motor.

And yes Honda's aren't sports cars, but do you really think our Subaru's are?

steve
    2002 SRP WRX Sold .......i need another wrx
    13.3 @99mph with a mbc

03 Honda Element
    1992 Civic hb W/B20 SOLD

The B-series enginese are def. praiseworthy. I have a couple of friends that run 11.8 - 12.7s @ 5800 ft. I also have a friend that ran a 92 Civic hatch 13.98 @ 5800 ft with i/h/e and advanced timing. I had an RSX Type S (K20A2) previously and it was an impressive car from a roll for a 4 cyclinder. If you happen to run into one of those boosted watch out!

You have to remember that the compression on our cars are lower than the Hondas! They run anywhere between 9:5 - 10:1 stock and their redlines are often 7000 - 8400 rpms with minor engine management mods.

our cars arent godly fast from a roll and the civics arent that slow either. i had a si before my wrx with i/h/e clutch flywheel and testpipe and from 3rd to the end of 4th i would only lose about a half car on stock wrx's.
    07 STi Cobb AP2, TBE, Kartboy, RCE

Originally posted by fre
    Had to be a 96-2000 because it was a sedan coupe
    yeah, can't believe nobody caught that.

a sedan coupe, wow, thats got be totally custom, saweet!

haha, i'm guessin you meant a sedan, or coupe, judging from the front end
    1998 Grand Prix GTP
    13.605 @ 107.33 mph

INTENSE, Inc.

I don't know why people always write off Civics as slow. My civic makes close to 300whp (built b18c1, turbo @15psi) and once the turbo is fully spooled at 4k, the car will walk most cars... including my 04 STI. At least in a straight light, and on a roll anyway...

So don't just a book by its cover, you'd be surprised how many fast cars are out there!

hondas are strong friend stock b20 with a t-3t4 put down low 12s in a hatch , waks in my stage 2 rex from a roll real light and fast. from a stop well............ differnt story honda famous one whell drive
    02 wrx stage 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12