Van Encounter - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Van Encounter within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by VetteVert Obviously not true in all situations, as it happened just as I stated. No camera, no ...

Originally posted by VetteVert
    Obviously not true in all situations, as it happened just as I stated. No camera, no other witnesses, purely his word against mine. However, there was one big "gotcha". He was butt buddies with a bigwig at the state capital....had the police contacting me within the hour, with a threat that a deputy would be sent to pick me up if I didn't come in.

VV
    That's the kind of ticket you go to your court date for and get it laughed out of there. Then for the frivalous complaint, you examine options on what can be done about the person filing the complaint. I don't care who someone is or who they know, if they try pulling a prank like that without cuase, they suffer the consequences. Filing an intentionally false report with the police is slightly illegal. And gettign a ticket with no witness, no camera or anything else of substance can't stand long if challenged. It'd be the same as me coming out of Best Buy, getting in the car and then being ticketed for speeding before starting the car.

Not trying to start an argument about whether a ticket can fly or not, just going on what the law says.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Only time I ever called the cops was when I was on I-90 thru Wisconsin. Some ass-factor in a Camaro was passing people, me included, on the shoulder going about 120mph. I was going 80mph and he shot past me like I was standing still.

Some people make me so

Right. I'm just saying that it did in fact happen. I live in a small town, so I don't know how much that affected things. And you are right, had I of gone to court it would have been my word against his...but call me a freak, I wasn't going to be sworn in and lie. It should have been dropped immediately, and it would have if he hadn't of made his calls. I got out of it anyway, just in a manner in which I didn't have to lie (it was a 5 point infraction).

VV

Originally posted by renichms
    That's the kind of ticket you go to your court date for and get it laughed out of there. Then for the frivalous complaint, you examine options on what can be done about the person filing the complaint. I don't care who someone is or who they know, if they try pulling a prank like that without cuase, they suffer the consequences. Filing an intentionally false report with the police is slightly illegal. And gettign a ticket with no witness, no camera or anything else of substance can't stand long if challenged. It'd be the same as me coming out of Best Buy, getting in the car and then being ticketed for speeding before starting the car.

Not trying to start an argument about whether a ticket can fly or not, just going on what the law says.

RN

Originally posted by VetteVert
    Right. I'm just saying that it did in fact happen. I live in a small town, so I don't know how much that affected things. And you are right, had I of gone to court it would have been my word against his...but call me a freak, I wasn't going to be sworn in and lie. It should have been dropped immediately, and it would have if he hadn't of made his calls. I got out of it anyway, just in a manner in which I didn't have to lie (it was a 5 point infraction).

VV
    That's good to hear. It helps me some that the city cops now know and at least seem to like me, even if the sheriff's department does not.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12