Raced a 2004 WRX (from a roll)
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Raced a 2004 WRX (from a roll) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; A guy... mid 20's, like myself, came up in traffic and got on my tail. It was a 2004 Silver ...

Raced a 2004 WRX (from a roll)

A guy... mid 20's, like myself, came up in traffic and got on my tail. It was a 2004 Silver WRX (I think it was an Auto). I could tell he wanted to go.. he was doing all he could to keep up as I moved through traffic on my way home from work.

He changed lanes and passed me, I then pulled behind him.

A couple minutes later we found ourselves on a 3 lane 55mph stretch of road getting ahead of the traffic... with a large open space infront of us.

I was still behind him... he gave it some gas... I floored it around to his side and we both hammered it at about 65mph.

I started pulling on him right away... by 110mph I was about 2 carlengths ahead.

I slowed down for my turn... and we were starting coming up on a little traffic.

I have to give all the credit to my big ass wing, that gives me altleast 35HP to the wheels!!!

Does this race seem right? Would I pull that much on a stock auto WRX??

Side Note: I am glad we started from a roll.. I had just put my stock rims/tires back on for winter.. I would have gotten TOASTED from a stop.

I did not know if the guy I raced posted on here. I was hoping he did so he could post his thoughts on the race.

Ohhh and first post.. so Hi all.
    2002 RSX type S

Pics, Vids and Mod List

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

WRX
    I can believe it... from a roll like that. I've beaten one by many many carlengths at the track before (when I was stock). Anyways, good kill.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

wat does an rsx with ur mods mph in the 1/4?
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

Originally posted by WRX
    I can believe it... from a roll like that. I've beaten one by many many carlengths at the track before (when I was stock). Anyways, good kill.
    I thinky your trap speed sums it up. Your 14.1 1/4 time is QUICK!! (I would be lucky to hit high 14s), but by the end of the quarter your car is going 95mph... and a stock RSX type S is going 95/94sh...

And my car is just slightly moddified.

2002 RSX type S

Pics, Vids and Mod List

Re: Raced a 2004 WRX (from a roll)

Originally posted by black rsx

Does this race seem right? Would I pull that much on a stock auto WRX??
    I have an auto and im not saying your a liar but it dont seem right. Maybe he didnt drop it to 3 or something who knows. ive never raced one so i cant really say if your car is faster or not. 200hp and 140 torque are the stock numbers if im not mistaken....top end on the WRX has its penalties due to the AWD.....throw in the fact the auto will shift when it wants to dont help much either.

Side Note: I am glad we started from a roll.. I had just put my stock rims/tires back on for winter.. I would have gotten TOASTED from a stop.

I hope your not implying that if you had your other rims/tires on you would not of got toasted off the line.

good kill! i think a rsx-s and a manual wrx are pretty close from a roll. and this was a auto, so it hurt the wrx more.

Re: Re: Raced a 2004 WRX (from a roll)

Originally posted by skyjock41
    I have an auto and im not saying your a liar but it dont seem right. Maybe he didnt drop it to 3 or something who knows. ive never raced one so i cant really say if your car is faster or not. 200hp and 140 torque are the stock numbers if im not mistaken....top end on the WRX has its penalties due to the AWD.....throw in the fact the auto will shift when it wants to dont help much either.

I hope your not implying that if you had your other rims/tires on you would not of got toasted off the line.
    "dropping it to three" is not some magical power gear that you dont normally use. Its third gear in the 4 speed auto. it will downshift automatically to 3 or even 2 if you floor it. Manual shifting the WRX automatic acheives nothing.

I think he he got beat b/c RSX-S are fast from a roll and plus it had mods and the 4EAT wrx was stock. Autos are slower.
    02 WRX Silver, 03 Baja Yellow

Re: Re: Re: Raced a 2004 WRX (from a roll)

Originally posted by Samirr76
    "dropping it to three" is not some magical power gear that you dont normally use. Its third gear in the 4 speed auto. it will downshift automatically to 3 or even 2 if you floor it. Manual shifting the WRX automatic acheives nothing.

I think he he got beat b/c RSX-S are fast from a roll and plus it had mods and the 4EAT wrx was stock. Autos are slower.
    I like the magical part.....unnecessary and lame but whatever floats your boat.

Oh wait....so your telling me they are on the freeway doing 65 and putting it in 3 wouldnt do anything? Ive noticed that the RPMs jump up 1500-2000 more at 60+ speeds and that putting it in 3 is faster then flooring it (to get rpms up that is)

Autos are slower.
    Thanks for clarifying that. Im sure no one but you knew this.

WRX
    but by the end of the quarter your car is going 95mph... and a stock RSX type S is going 95/94sh..
    It's the AWD launch that'll get you. I netted a best 1.90 60' my last trip out, and I've gotten 2.0 when I was fully stock.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Nice kill

Sounds about right. Good kill.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Registered User Weeeeeeeeeeeeee's Avatar
    putting it into "3" will give you more set-up time, so you dont have to wait for the auto to downshift when racing from a 65 roll.

oh and no, a "slightly" (exhaust only) modded rsx wont even keep up with a stock wrx even an auto, at any speed.
    My Mods
    Dyno 12/18/04: 201 WHP / 198 WTQ

Where in the Burbs of Chicago?
    Bleeding true blue.

"That gasp you just heard was National League hitters after hearing that Mark Prior has added a couple extra MPH to his fastball this winter."

-Will Carroll-

03 Blue rex - Sold
    04 Black Forester XT - Nice

That's a mean lookin rsx.

Auto WRX should not even be raced. It's too slow!
    2003 Evolution 8
    Buschur Racing 3'' turboback exhaust with high flow cat
    Apexi SAFCII
    Turboxs HPmbc(19psi)
    Injen intake kit.
    HKS 264/272
    329+awhp/327+awtq.
    345awhp/344awtq "catless".

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast