Raced a 2004 WRX (from a roll) - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Raced a 2004 WRX (from a roll) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by smokey That is a false statement...from a roll, a stock RSX-S can hang with/beat a stock WRX. ...

Registered User Weeeeeeeeeeeeee's Avatar
    Originally posted by smokey
    That is a false statement...from a roll, a stock RSX-S can hang with/beat a stock WRX.

So one with an exhaust would do the same. Jesus, just compare trap speeds. WRX kills RSX-S from a dig, but compare trap speeds and maybe you'll understand.

No one is calling the WRX a POS or even implying the RSX-S is a good sportscar. Just realize the deficiencies of both cars and maybe you can be more objectice.
    blah blah blah, head on back to the rsx boards. my stock, auto, 2004 would walk all over that almost stock rsxs from a stop and a roll.
    My Mods
    Dyno 12/18/04: 201 WHP / 198 WTQ

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Weeeeeeeeeeeeee
    blah blah blah, head on back to the rsx boards. my stock, auto, 2004 would walk all over that almost stock rsxs from a stop and a roll.
    Damn, some of you guys are thick headed and egotistical as hell.

No one is claiming that the RSX is better in anything...I think the comment was that stock v. stock from a roll, the RSX-S can hang in there quite well.

From a dig, its no contest - eveyone knows that. Mod v. mod, its no contest to a certain extent. Everyone knows that.

Now try to be a just a little bit objective for a second (I know man, its really hard for you, I can tell) and look at each cars trap speeds in the 1/4 mile. One guy in this thread is running a 14.1 a 95 mph and he's modded. Now, a stock RSX-S traps about a mile or two lower than that.

Slap on Hondata and CAI, and guess what! We're running low 14s at 99mph. So I guess your information and subjective opinion is just, well, pretty silly when you look at the facts.

And BTW, where do you live? I'm sure I can find someone with the same mods as myself and have them run you on tape from a stop and from a roll to let everyone know what's going on. Its sad that you can't seem to understand what this conversation is really about...but I can, with absolute certainty, tell you that if you run across a guy with my mods and you are stock, its not in your best interests to run from a roll because you will get walked.

Show some respect.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by bp82rsxs
    my car is not stock FYI
    Yea, I know you're not stock bro. I was using that guy as an example - he's running a 14.1 at 95 mph - a stock RSX-S pretty much traps at 93-94 mph. One with my mods, just Hondata and intake are typically trapping at 99mph and many are running mid to low 14s.

I find it funny that people have trouble giving this car a little bit of respect. I've been on this site for well over a year and I guess some of these guys had their panties in a wad over the SRT-4 taking their limelight and stopped respecting other cars. Now, before they had a chance to really think about it and read about it, the K20A2 aftermarket has blown up and you're going to see a ton of RSX-S's running with these heavily modded WRX's. But shh, some of these guys won't respect a FWD vehicle..sshhh, let them find out the hard way.

That's just a statement towards one or two guys in this thread. You'll find that 95% of the posters on this site are cool as **** and have given me respect since I've been here, which is over a year. And I HATE that good old cop-out "go back to your RSX site" - jesus, I've been here for over a year because one of my friends drives a WRX. I'm sure none of these guys post on other sites...

hehe...I respect them...There is a 12-11 second RSX down here...Daily driver...Turbo... I like...I like....

Its a bad mutha-WATCH YO MOUTH!!

Justin
    2003 Sonic Yellow
    NOT STOCK ANYMORE!!

WRX
    I was using that guy as an example - he's running a 14.1 at 95 mph - a stock RSX-S pretty much traps at 93-94 mph.
    Thanks for referring to me as 'that guy'. LOL.

To be honest, I was deciding between the RSX-s and the WRX. I made my choice because of a few things. 4 doors, 4 wheel drive, forced induction, and safety. Now that I have a WRX, I'm not going to say "that RSX-s is a POS!" I'd actually like to see what happens (just for the sake of debate) if we'd raced from a 20, 40, and 60mph roll. I could get my buddy to video tape it too.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Originally posted by WRX
    I made my choice because of a few things. 4 doors, 4 wheel drive, forced induction...
    lol Say you made it based on the three 4s...

4 Doors
    4 Wheel Drive
    4 -ced Induction

heheheh
    Justin
    2003 Sonic Yellow
    NOT STOCK ANYMORE!!

Originally posted by JrG18m
    lol Say you made it based on the three 4s...

4 Doors
    4 Wheel Drive
    4 -ced Induction

heheheh
    The RSX type S is in 2s

2 Doors
    2 Wheel Drive
    2.0L

2 Fast for you!!!!
    2002 RSX type S

Pics, Vids and Mod List

Originally posted by WRX

To be honest, I was deciding between the RSX-s and the WRX. I made my choice because of a few things. 4 doors, 4 wheel drive, forced induction, and safety. Now that I have a WRX, I'm not going to say "that RSX-s is a POS!" I'd actually like to see what happens (just for the sake of debate) if we'd raced from a 20, 40, and 60mph roll. I could get my buddy to video tape it too.
    Sorry I refered to you as "the guy"

Anyway, from a 20mph roll I think you'd win because of the torque advantage.

40mph and 60mph would be much more interesting. I know you're not saying the RSX-S is a POS or anything like that - you have been very objective as far as I'm concerned. Its just that a few guys..well, whatever.

I love the WRX, wouldn't mind having one myself. I love the features it offers and have never disrespected it, etc.. I'd just love to run one some day just to see how I stack up to it from various speeds.

Originally posted by WRX

hey, let me know when, seriously im kinda courious, too, let me know, maybe somtime this weekend, befor the snow

Anyway, from a 20mph roll I think you'd win because of the torque advantage.
    no he wouldnt unless we only raced to about 80-90 mph

WRX
    I'm up for it tomorrow at any time. I don't hafta work tomorrow, and my buddy with his stage 4 is getting it tuned, so he will be able to hold the camera.

Usually I'm against street racing, but if it's to prove an arguement...
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Originally posted by WRX
    I'm up for it tomorrow at any time. I don't hafta work tomorrow, and my buddy with his stage 4 is getting it tuned, so he will be able to hold the camera.

Usually I'm against street racing, but if it's to prove an arguement...
    i cnat tomorrow i have to work, how about later this week, maybe friday or somthing, i'd bring another rsx buddy,

im against street racing, too but im willing to race for a good cause

EDIT: is the time in your signature before the uppipe and ecu or after?

I work in Aurora and live in Lombard, so I'm fairly close to WRX in Batavia. I *should* have an early day on Wednesday. Maybe meet up during lunch, or after work? If you guys want, I can possibly be a chase vehicle if someone wants to film you two while I drive. That way both race vehicles can keep one driver and no passengers. I'll be out of town all weekend starting Thursday, though.

My first car was an 86 Integra, and I still like 'em.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Registered User Weeeeeeeeeeeeee's Avatar
    Damn, some of you guys are thick headed and egotistical as hell.

No one is claiming that the RSX is better in anything...I think the comment was that stock v. stock from a roll, the RSX-S can hang in there quite well.

From a dig, its no contest - eveyone knows that. Mod v. mod, its no contest to a certain extent. Everyone knows that.

Now try to be a just a little bit objective for a second (I know man, its really hard for you, I can tell) and look at each cars trap speeds in the 1/4 mile. One guy in this thread is running a 14.1 a 95 mph and he's modded. Now, a stock RSX-S traps about a mile or two lower than that.

Slap on Hondata and CAI, and guess what! We're running low 14s at 99mph. So I guess your information and subjective opinion is just, well, pretty silly when you look at the facts.

And BTW, where do you live? I'm sure I can find someone with the same mods as myself and have them run you on tape from a stop and from a roll to let everyone know what's going on. Its sad that you can't seem to understand what this conversation is really about...but I can, with absolute certainty, tell you that if you run across a guy with my mods and you are stock, its not in your best interests to run from a roll because you will get walked.

Show some respect.
    westchester ny, and i said virtually stock (just a muffler) if you can find someone who wants to run and has an identical rsxs, ill run him from 55 - 130.
    My Mods
    Dyno 12/18/04: 201 WHP / 198 WTQ

Originally posted by black rsx
    The RSX type S is in 2s

2 Doors
    2 Wheel Drive
    2.0L

2 Fast for you!!!!
    black rsx -- I just checked out your website. Your vids cracked me up You have a great taste in music. I have all those songs. Good stuff
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.